ImageImageImage

Rockets fan here...

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Rockets fan here... 

Post#1 » by Texas Longhorns » Tue May 13, 2008 1:28 am

Would you take T-Mac and Bobby Jackson for Ray Allen, Leon Powe, and Eddie House?
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,977

Post#2 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue May 13, 2008 1:29 am

Something tells me that this is going to be an entertaining thread.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#3 » by BillessuR6 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:30 am

We are not in the mood for jokes!
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#4 » by celticfan42487 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:31 am

When Bobby Jackson was good yes.

Nowadays Ray Allen sucks, but at least he is fine not wanting the ball in his hands and is with being a roleplayer shooting threes without getting injured. T-mac notsomuch, he'll get pouty get hurt and we don't need to make any hopefully chemistry matches.. we're just making this one work.
CroCop
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#5 » by CroCop » Tue May 13, 2008 1:33 am

No, but I'll trade Pierce for T-Mac straight up in a second.
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#6 » by Texas Longhorns » Tue May 13, 2008 1:39 am

CroCop wrote:No, but I'll trade Pierce for T-Mac straight up in a second.

Wow, really? I mean Pierce is doing really good, and I have a feeling he will do the same next year making his value go up. I know T-Mac has been down this whole year so his value will be on the down side.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Tue May 13, 2008 1:53 am

I don't want to move Powe, I'd do it if we swapped Powe with Baby.
P2
Banned User

Post#8 » by P2 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:58 am

If you Houston guys added this year's 1st, I would do it.
CroCop
Sophomore

Post#9 » by CroCop » Tue May 13, 2008 2:00 am

Texas Longhorns wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wow, really? I mean Pierce is doing really good, and I have a feeling he will do the same next year making his value go up. I know T-Mac has been down this whole year so his value will be on the down side.

yup, dead serious. I know the "don't blame Pierce brigade" will try and eat me alive for saying this, but its my honest opinion. Unfortunately, Houston wont give up on Tmac, and Boston wont let go of Pierce now due to loyalty issues.

Tmac would blend in perfect with two other stars sharing the spotlight, and he's a star athletic wing that the Celtics don't have. Pierce can't do some of the things that Tmac can, too sloppy.

Houston would benefit from Pierce's mental toughness, and its it would be a moral lift for the Rockets not having the same failing cast for the past five years. Pierce is durable, so they would have a better chance of going into the playoffs healthy than they would with Tmac.

As a Boston fan, I respect what Pierce has done for us, but if we don't do it this year, I say tweak it a little bit before it's too late. I feel like his commitment to our team will ultimately be our downfall. I think late in the playoffs or finals, he's gonna say to himself, "this has been my team, my town, for years. I'm gonna put them on my back and win it for us." But he's not the same player he was in 2002-03.

You also don't have to worry about Tmac being selfish with his team mates, as he defers to them almost too much. Just now if he's in Boston, he wont be deferring to scrubs and rookies.
CroCop
Sophomore

Post#10 » by CroCop » Tue May 13, 2008 2:06 am

And for the people who are worried about Tmac's injury problems. Yes, I'm aware that he probably wont age well due to all of his injuries. But Pierce doesn't exactly have Kobe's work ethic and doesn't take great care of his body either. Our window is small, each year we don't win, the next year will only be harder. Put all of our eggs in one basket, take a chance with Tmac.

We need a guy who can go off for 50 points on any given night. Garnett has never been like that. Pierce's limit is about 40. Ray is more of a shooter than a Dynamic scorer like Tmac.
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#11 » by Dogen » Tue May 13, 2008 2:23 am

If only PJ could still bend at the knees....
Hey you! Can we come together?
cavsfan_osiris
Starter
And1: 4

Re: Rockets fan here... 

Post#12 » by cavsfan_osiris » Tue May 13, 2008 2:38 am

Texas Longhorns wrote:Would you take T-Mac and Bobby Jackson for Ray Allen, Leon Powe, and Eddie House?

Of course Boston would make that trade, lol. Ray Allen is 33 and TMac is 29, Eddie House is nothing special and Powe's ceiling is probably nothing more than a hustle big.

Houston would never do that deal.
Scalamental
Sixth Man
And1: 146

Post#13 » by Scalamental » Tue May 13, 2008 2:53 am

After tonights game, I wouldn't mind having bobby jackson coming off the bench.
JR Hawks
Starter
And1: 899

Re: Rockets fan here... 

Post#14 » by JR Hawks » Tue May 13, 2008 2:54 am

Texas Longhorns wrote:Would you take T-Mac and Bobby Jackson for Ray Allen, Leon Powe, and Eddie House?

We'd give you Ray Allen for a set of practice jerseys.
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#15 » by Rocky5000 » Tue May 13, 2008 2:54 am

Yeah, I'd definitely make that trade. Why would Houston do it though?
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#16 » by celticfan42487 » Tue May 13, 2008 2:56 am

Texas Longhorns wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No matter what happens you'll always find a good 6 regular posters on this board that will never respect Pierce or anything positive he does. I guess that's what happens when one guy sticks with a team and hasn't had any consistent runs at a title.

A dead give away is these people whatch the Celtics games, and see what he does all throughout the year and think he's overweight. It's hilarious actually.
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#17 » by Spin Move » Tue May 13, 2008 3:03 am

I would definitly do that as a boston fan Powe is nice but he us a sub tmac is a big upgrade over allen
CroCop
Sophomore

Post#18 » by CroCop » Tue May 13, 2008 3:04 am

celticfan42487 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No matter what happens you'll always find a good 6 regular posters on this board that will never respect Pierce or anything positive he does. I guess that's what happens when one guy sticks with a team and hasn't had any consistent runs at a title.

A dead give away is these people whatch the Celtics games, and see what he does all throughout the year and think he's overweight. It's hilarious actually.

No matter what happens, you'll always find a good amount of homers that refuse to accept the fact that a player on their team may no be the right guy to get the job done. They will NEVER admit that their hometown hero screwed up, or has dropped off from the past.

They would rather keep Pierce around because he's a good guy and "gave his team everything." Rather than trade him, hurt his feelings, and have a better chance at a title.

Nomar is a GREAT example of this. He didn't wanna leave, he was a great player, but we tweaked our team, and have won two world series since.
ICanOutreboundWalter
Rookie

Post#19 » by ICanOutreboundWalter » Tue May 13, 2008 3:05 am

I would trade Powe just to be rid of Allen at this point, honestly. I can live with bricked shots and no productivity but playing with no fire and not hustling to loose balls is unreal. Bring in Tony Allen.
CroCop
Sophomore

Post#20 » by CroCop » Tue May 13, 2008 3:53 am

ICanOutreboundWalter wrote:I would trade Powe just to be rid of Allen at this point, honestly. I can live with bricked shots and no productivity but playing with no fire and not hustling to loose balls is unreal. Bring in Tony Allen.

Ray's in a slump, he'll snap out of it

Return to Boston Celtics