ImageImageImage

Herald: House might replace Cassell tonight

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

PPAW4Life
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#41 » by PPAW4Life » Thu May 15, 2008 10:03 am

Right now Rondo is clicking....he's even taking jumpers and making the opponents pay.

Sure it's at home but he is also penetrating and getting into the lane creating quality basket opportunities.

If Cassell isn't hitting shots Eddie should get some more minutes or Tony Allen.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#42 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 1:07 pm

cavsfan_osiris wrote:Cassell looks god awful out there. I think this is a huge statement towards how little faith Doc must have in House.

Cassell looked **** terrible, although to be fair he got MAULED by Gibson on that steal and CASSELL was called for the foul...absolute ****.

Anyway kudos to Doc for keeping Sam outta there after!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
tombattor
General Manager
And1: 807

Post#43 » by tombattor » Thu May 15, 2008 2:31 pm

**** Doc!!! He's the worst. If we see Cassell in the game tomorrow, Doc should be fired on the spot. How much worse does he **** have to play to be out of the rotation, while guys like House, who's been doing it for us all year is rotting at the end of the bench? Doc is such a mother ****, and if we lose, it's all on Doc because you can't play well, if you're not put in position to do so. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

After all that House plays 20 seconds? WTF???
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,965

Post#44 » by Celts17Pride » Thu May 15, 2008 2:35 pm

tombattor wrote:**** Doc!!! He's the worst. If we see Cassell in the game tomorrow, Doc should be fired on the spot. How much worse does he **** have to play to be out of the rotation, while guys like House, who's been doing it for us all year is rotting at the end of the bench? Doc is such a mother ****, and if we lose, it's all on Doc because you can't play well, if you're not put in position to do so. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

After all that House plays 20 seconds? WTF???

Doc River's coaching was one of the main reasons the Celtics won Game 5. I don't see people complaining about Doc putting Big Baby in the game or playing Rondo the whole 2nd half.

Some people are just Doc haters no matter what he does. To each his own.
tombattor
General Manager

Post#45 » by tombattor » Thu May 15, 2008 2:43 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Doc River's coaching was one of the main reasons the Celtics won Game 5. I don't see people complaining about Doc putting Big Baby in the game or playing Rondo the whole 2nd half.

Some people are just Doc haters no matter what he does. To each his own.

No it wasn't. It's because of Rondo, PP and KG's play. They were playing much more aggressively and Rondo kept Cassell off the floor and prevented him from killing the team. Didn't you notice how we went on a massive run as soon as Cassell sat down? Even Mike Fratello couldn't believe Cassell was getting burn when he brings nothing. How can every analyst and every fan can see it except Doc? How many more times do their PGs have to beat his ass before Doc puts House in?
BrokenLeftyJumper
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#46 » by BrokenLeftyJumper » Thu May 15, 2008 2:44 pm

Seriously, when did Eddie House become the savior? How do you even know Eddie House would be better? You act like its a no-brainer, but its far from it. Take your average objective NBA fan and ask them who would they rather have as their backup PG and I'm thinking at least 75 percent say Cassell. The difference between Sam Cassell and Eddie House (if there is a difference at all) would at best be a minimally important factor to whether the C's win this series or not. Find something else to complain about.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,986

Post#47 » by jfs1000d » Thu May 15, 2008 2:48 pm

BrokenLeftyJumper wrote:Seriously, when did Eddie House become the savior? How do you even know Eddie House would be better? You act like its a no-brainer, but its far from it. Take your average objective NBA fan and ask them who would they rather have as their backup PG and I'm thinking at least 75 percent say Cassell. The difference between Sam Cassell and Eddie House (if there is a difference at all) would at best be a minimally important factor to whether the C's win this series or not. Find something else to complain about.

To be honest, doc has annoyed me in this playoffs by playing the bench too much. Anyhow, what Eddie House can do is provide spacing because of his shooting ability. The Celts have poor spacing in the halfcourt when things aren't going well. This can rectified by a quick shooting House.

When you factor that in with the fact that Delonte West and Boobie Gibson are more combo guard whoa re shooters then House won't kill us ball handling or defending.

But, what the team needs is Rondo to do what he did an jump start the team. He was brilliant Wednesday.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,965

Post#48 » by Celts17Pride » Thu May 15, 2008 2:51 pm

tombattor wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No it wasn't. It's because of Rondo, PP and KG's play.

This is the classic stance from Doc Haters. When the Celtics lose it's Doc's fault. When the Celtics win it's the players doing it inspite of Rivers.

Greg Dickerson was making fun of you last night on the postgame.
tombattor
General Manager

Post#49 » by tombattor » Thu May 15, 2008 2:52 pm

BrokenLeftyJumper wrote:Seriously, when did Eddie House become the savior? How do you even know Eddie House would be better? You act like its a no-brainer, but its far from it. Take your average objective NBA fan and ask them who would they rather have as their backup PG and I'm thinking at least 75 percent say Cassell. The difference between Sam Cassell and Eddie House (if there is a difference at all) would at best be a minimally important factor to whether the C's win this series or not. Find something else to complain about.

He's not the savior, but he doesn't bring only negatives. Cassell can't stay in front of anyone. Kills any offensive flow because 1) he hogs the ball, 2) can't push the ball and thus we are forced to run the same set on missed basket as on made baskets, and 3) makes us play their game.

Do you remember when our bench would come in and give us a spark? Where did it all go? When one guy is hogging the ball, how is Leon going to have one of those 15-point nights when he doesn't have the attempts to get there? How's anyone going to do anything when they are not given the chance? Cassell not only makes bad plays for himself, but he makes everyone around him worse.

You're right about one thing. House isn't a savior or that much better player than Cassell. However, you can't have such a huge negative coming out of your backup PG position. That's a position that's supposed to make marginal difference in the game. But in case you haven't noticed, Cassell brings us a huge negative. In fact, I don't care if it's House, TA, me, you or whoever. At least we wouldn't jack up a shot as soon as our replacement makes his way to the scorer's table.
tombattor
General Manager

Post#50 » by tombattor » Thu May 15, 2008 2:57 pm

This is the classic stance from Doc Haters. When the Celtics lose it's Doc's fault. When the Celtics win it's the players doing it inspite of Rivers.

Good for him.

Besides, I don't blame Doc for Ray Allen's poor shooting or the disappearance of PP's scoring. I only blame him for playing Cassell and he's been the cause of all of our bench players to lose it.

I bet if we don't see Cassell tomorrow, we win our first road game of the playoffs. Guaranteed.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#51 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 3:11 pm

tombattor wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He's not the savior, but he doesn't bring only negatives. Cassell can't stay in front of anyone. Kills any offensive flow because 1) he hogs the ball, 2) can't push the ball and thus we are forced to run the same set on missed basket as on made baskets, and 3) makes us play their game.

Do you remember when our bench would come in and give us a spark? Where did it all go? When one guy is hogging the ball, how is Leon going to have one of those 15-point nights when he doesn't have the attempts to get there? How's anyone going to do anything when they are not given the chance? Cassell not only makes bad plays for himself, but he makes everyone around him worse.

You're right about one thing. House isn't a savior or that much better player than Cassell. However, you can't have such a huge negative coming out of your backup PG position. That's a position that's supposed to make marginal difference in the game. But in case you haven't noticed, Cassell brings us a huge negative. In fact, I don't care if it's House, TA, me, you or whoever. At least we wouldn't jack up a shot as soon as our replacement makes his way to the scorer's table.

^This

I honestly think that Doc is being pressured to play Sam from Danny/Wyc in order to save face. There's no other reasonable explanation, really...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
BrokenLeftyJumper
Pro Prospect

Post#52 » by BrokenLeftyJumper » Thu May 15, 2008 3:11 pm

It seems like there is now an impulse to blame Cassell for everything that goes wrong when he's in the game. Has Cassell played poorly? Yes. Has it been a huge negative? Not really. Would Eddie House be any better? Who knows.

I don't think Cassell has been a huge ball hog, and he hasn't taken too many shots that are bad shots. His shot has really just been off. I can't blame Doc for sticking with him and expecting a guy whose a veteran who won multiple titles, to find his stroke. It seems to me like he's missed a lot of mid range jump shots (shots he normally hits). Sam has to be in there with Pierce or Garnett though, or else then he thinks he has to carry the team on offense and thats when he can be a detriment.

I don't think it should really be an issue anyways, Rondo should play 40 minutes a night no matter what. He's 22 years old right? With all the timeouts and stoppages of play, there is no way he couldn't go for 40 a night. The same thing with Garnett, check him out for a minute here and there, but I just find it hard to imagine that he really gets legitimately winded playing 48 minutes of basketball over a three hour time span. If he played the entire game, for every minute he spent on the floor, he would still be spending almost two minutes not playing. So I can't see how any of these guys get really tired.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#53 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 3:12 pm

This is exactly right and what I've been saying for weeks.

However, tombattor is no irrational Doc-hater, and he and I have been driving the anti-Sam express the last few weeks!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
tombattor
General Manager

Post#54 » by tombattor » Thu May 15, 2008 3:23 pm

BrokenLeftyJumper, it's not just the offense Cassell is killing us in. He's even worse on D. And everyone he guards beats him and forces our back line to cover for him. Every pick and roll, he gets beat.

Like I said, I'm not saying House is some sort of savior or whatever. However, at least he'll pretend to play D and push the ball on missed baskets. With Sam, we are forced to run the same set on made and missed shots because otherwise, he'll just launch one.

And I don't know if you have the games on Tivo, but when you watch the game, you'll notice that as soon as Sam looks over to the scorer's table and sees Rondo getting ready to check in, he jacks up a shot. WTF?
HouseJersey?
Ballboy

Post#55 » by HouseJersey? » Thu May 15, 2008 4:02 pm

They used House all season off the bench and it worked VERY WELL. When he's hot he can close out games with his 3. Get Sam the hell off the court and play House instead.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#56 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 4:06 pm

HouseJersey? wrote:They used House all season off the bench and it worked VERY WELL. When he's hot he can close out games with his 3. Get Sam the hell off the court and play House instead.

Welcome to our anti-Sam team!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Kids Are Alright
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#57 » by Kids Are Alright » Thu May 15, 2008 4:08 pm

I miss the ball movement with House on the Court, maybe at the 2 spot. Say, Tony at pg for the drive and and dish.
Tanking :nonono: Live for the day 8-)
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#58 » by greenbeans » Thu May 15, 2008 4:13 pm

Rondo should be getting 40-42+mpg with Eddie or Paul handling it at scrap time. Sam I Am is no more than a coach now
HouseJersey?
Ballboy

Post#59 » by HouseJersey? » Thu May 15, 2008 4:30 pm

Kids Are Alright wrote:I miss the ball movement with House on the Court, maybe at the 2 spot. Say, Tony at pg for the drive and and dish.

Oh God NO! Tony is putrid. He should be organizing the gatorade with Scal. He was decent before he hurt his knee. Now he can't dribble, passes horribly, can't shoot and his drive is weak (which was his only strength before)

Tony and Scal should be making a mask for that horrid looking creature that should not be playing anymore, better known as Sam Casell
RickyDizzle
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,101

Post#60 » by RickyDizzle » Thu May 15, 2008 4:53 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This is exactly right and what I've been saying for weeks.

However, tombattor is no irrational Doc-hater, and he and I have been driving the anti-Sam express the last few weeks!

I'm not much of a Doc Hater, but that statement you just said made perfect sense.

If someone thinks Doc's a horrible coach it doesnt mean that they think he will lose every game for us. It would make sense that when we win its our good player's overcoming his lack of coaching ability.

Not saying thats how I feel...but you point that out as if it makes no sense, thats exactly how I would expect someone to see it if they have no faith in Doc.

-Dizzy

Edit: I mean to quote this....

"This is the classic stance from Doc Haters. When the Celtics lose it's Doc's fault. When the Celtics win it's the players doing it inspite of Rivers.

Greg Dickerson was making fun of you last night on the postgame."

Return to Boston Celtics