ImageImageImage

Lebron not clutch?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Lebron not clutch? 

Post#1 » by rambo_ortega » Thu May 15, 2008 5:53 am

Can someone tell him that he's not clutch? he disappeared in the 2nd half while kg was hitting shots consecutively to build and protect our lead. very similar to the reason why everyone claimed kg is not clutch. So what now kg doubters?
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,977

Post#2 » by SuperDeluxe » Thu May 15, 2008 6:09 am

KG is not the current golden boy of the league.
Rasheeed!!!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,507

Post#3 » by Rasheeed!!! » Thu May 15, 2008 6:31 am

One game doesn't make a players reputation....next game he could be on!
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#4 » by mr_sunshine » Thu May 15, 2008 6:34 am

I'm thrilled that KG found his testicles and actually took it to the hoop tonight! He demanded the ball, played solid D, and rebounded HARD. We needed him to come up huge, and he did. Let's hope he doesn't rediscover his mangina on the road again.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#5 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 12:44 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:KG is not the current golden boy of the league.

Exactly. A lot of this "clutch" **** is media invention. Some guys (Bird, Jordan, Brady, Montana, Ortiz, Kobe, etc) *are* truly clutch but others are media myths.

That being said, great game by KG, a Celtic I've supported 100% consistently, unlike a lot of haters on this board...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
RoyHobbs
Senior
And1: 0

Post#6 » by RoyHobbs » Thu May 15, 2008 12:58 pm

The past two seasons, Lebron has been amazingly clutch. He carried his team to the Finals last year, and this year he led the league in fourth quarter scoring (and was third in fourth quarter assists), and also led in scoring in "clutch" and "super clutch" situations as defined by 82games.com. The only player to even come close to him in all-around game in tight situations was Manu Ginobli.

Also, Lebron had ten points in the fourth quarter last night. If we were getting that type of production out of KG consistently, I doubt people would be complaining much.
The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of Celticsblog or its administration.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#7 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 1:13 pm

RoyHobbs wrote:The past two seasons, Lebron has been amazingly clutch. He carried his team to the Finals last year, and this year he led the league in fourth quarter scoring (and was third in fourth quarter assists), and also led in scoring in "clutch" and "super clutch" situations as defined by 82games.com. The only player to even come close to him in all-around game in tight situations was Manu Ginobli.

Also, Lebron had ten points in the fourth quarter last night. If we were getting that type of production out of KG consistently, I doubt people would be complaining much.

I wasn't saying LeBron wasn't clutch, but not saying he is, either...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#8 » by The Rondo Show » Thu May 15, 2008 2:31 pm

mr_sunshine wrote:I'm thrilled that KG found his testicles and actually took it to the hoop tonight! He demanded the ball, played solid D, and rebounded HARD. We needed him to come up huge, and he did. Let's hope he doesn't rediscover his mangina on the road again.
KG really took it inside no more than usual last night. I believe I heard 2 of his 12 field goals were in the paint on WEEI this morning. He was just completely automatic from 12-16 feet out last night.

KG has managed to shoot 54% on the year and 58% in this series with his no testicles/jump shooting game. Everyone's favorite pound it inside/back to the basket guy, Al Jefferson, shot 50% this year. It's not like KG taking mid-range jump shots causes him to be inefficient like say, Antoine Walker. Not sure why so many Celtics fans seem to have a problem with him not living on the post when he's so effective with those 12-18 foot jumpers and the dream shake/fadeaway he's perfected. That's his bread and butter.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#9 » by bruno sundov » Thu May 15, 2008 6:21 pm

Clutch means you hit the big shot more often than you miss it. I think LBJ does that. He always brings his best game for the most important games. Larry contrary to popular belief, didn't hit every game winning shot ever. he hit most of them though, as in more than half of them would be my guess.

Return to Boston Celtics