ImageImageImage

Defensive Adjustment on Lebron

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

nightstarstolen
Banned User
And1: 0

Defensive Adjustment on Lebron 

Post#1 » by nightstarstolen » Thu May 15, 2008 12:20 pm

So Lebron shoots 18% and we are 2-2. Lebron shot 48% yesterday and we won. How?

In the Atlanta series, we learned to smother Joe Johnson. We have been playing similar defense on Lebron, who has been effectively passing out of double/tripple teams. Even when he doesn't get the assist, Cav's run 80% of offense through him.

Tonight, you heard Pierce yelling at Rondo "stay with your man(West), we are going to make Lebron beat us"

The announcers talked about "shutting down Lebron's team mates, lessening his passing capability, and effectiveness of his team mates, and letting Lebron get his". Off course i rephrased a bit.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#2 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 12:51 pm

The wonderfully "unbiased" announcers on TNT (who I usually like) also just about wet their panties any time LeBron did anything good.

There was even this, with Cleveland up four near the end of the first half..."Now would be a GREAT time for Cleveland to put some more points on the board and extend this lead to open it up and feel really good heading into the half"

I thought it was a national telecast and not the Cleveland local feed?
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#3 » by BillessuR6 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:12 pm

I turned off the audio in the second quarter because I couldn`t listen to the announcers anymore...
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#4 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 1:14 pm

thebirdman wrote:I turned off the audio in the second quarter because I couldn`t listen to the announcers anymore...

Same, I had my iPod blasting instead.

Although it wasn't as bad as the guy who shot his load in his pants when LeBron threw down that dunk in game 4 (Mike Breen, I think?)
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,717

Post#5 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu May 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Fratello used to coach the Cavs, didn't he? He also got his season ended by the Cs a couple of times when he coached the Hawks.

That's not quite like having Tommy as a national announcer, given how many different teams Fratello has been associated with, but he has a natural bias.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#6 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 2:11 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:Fratello used to coach the Cavs, didn't he? He also got his season ended by the Cs a couple of times when he coached the Hawks.

That's not quite like having Tommy as a national announcer, given how many different teams Fratello has been associated with, but he has a natural bias.

You're correct, but even the non-former coach national announcers pulls this shite.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
nightstarstolen
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by nightstarstolen » Thu May 15, 2008 2:33 pm

I agree with you guys about the announcers, but still a point was made.

Celtics switched up their defensive scheme, and it was effective. A guy like Lebron doesn't just shoot 18% for 3 games in a row.

So his explosion in game 4, had to have been because of a game plan change by Celtics.

Return to Boston Celtics