ImageImageImage

Finals Game 2 : Celtics vs Lakers - Sunday, June 8th (1-0)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#401 » by MyInsatiableOne » Mon Jun 9, 2008 1:07 pm

^^Agreed, House should have played. Cassell was beyond **** awful last night. Enough of his ****, Doc...put House in.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#402 » by TommyPoints » Mon Jun 9, 2008 1:34 pm

I feel like it wasn't just the players that got complacent and fell asleep at the wheel. Doc could have done a better job in the 4th too.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#403 » by MyInsatiableOne » Mon Jun 9, 2008 1:40 pm

CelticGamecock wrote:I feel like it wasn't just the players that got complacent and fell asleep at the wheel. Doc could have done a better job in the 4th too.

Agreed. However, Doc isn't the one out there playing and YOU KNOW Doc is telling them NOT to let up, yet they do....
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
DieselCeltic
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#404 » by DieselCeltic » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:51 pm

I don't want Cassell with the C's next year. One of the most selfish players I have ever seen on the parquet floor. He's playing for the **** Celtics, does he know that ?
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#405 » by Athanacropolis » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:57 pm

On a cool note:

My sister and I were at DJ's last night and we sat next to a guy who was from L.A., but was friends with Gabe Pruitt. Pretty cool, except he was still rooting for the Lakers. I told him he should stick by his friend hahaha.

He had just sold the last few tickets Pruitt gave him about an hour before we met him though...damn!
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#406 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Jun 9, 2008 4:05 pm

as for foul shots.

Total fouls

Boston 21
LA 28

Not that far off. Lakers just fouled guys going to the hoop, forcing them into early foul trouble, adding more free throws.

Really, if u look at the number of jump shots by the lakers compared to the celtics 7 more fouls doesn't seem that bad. Don't complain to the refs. The refs didn't fould Powe like 7 times. Not a single one of those was a clean play, they were all fouls. Nobody on the lakers took it to the paint like that. Again, was Pau even in the game the second half? I didn't notice, and that's why u didn't shoot free throws.

Kobe shot jumpers, so did the whole team.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#407 » by MyInsatiableOne » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:00 pm

^^FTW.

That's what I've been saying all along!!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
I love heinsohn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#408 » by I love heinsohn » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:24 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:as for foul shots.

Total fouls

Boston 21
LA 28

Not that far off. Lakers just fouled guys going to the hoop, forcing them into early foul trouble, adding more free throws.

Really, if u look at the number of jump shots by the lakers compared to the celtics 7 more fouls doesn't seem that bad. Don't complain to the refs. The refs didn't fould Powe like 7 times. Not a single one of those was a clean play, they were all fouls. Nobody on the lakers took it to the paint like that. Again, was Pau even in the game the second half? I didn't notice, and that's why u didn't shoot free throws.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Here is the shot chart for the game:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/shotchart ... =280608002

Other than the first quarter, the Lakers took perimeter shots. Combine that with Leon's aggression and I'm not at all surprised that the Lakers were called for 7 more fouls than the Celtics...
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,485

Post#409 » by canman1971 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 8:18 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:as for foul shots.

Total fouls

Boston 21
LA 28

What is most bothersome, is nobody in the national media that I've read has even mentioned this. That, to me, is poor reporting and probably not a shock given the morons that are covering the finals.
nyhuskyfan
Senior
And1: 127

Post#410 » by nyhuskyfan » Mon Jun 9, 2008 8:40 pm

By my count, the Lakers attacked the rim nine times in the entire second half, four of which were completely uncontested (Gasol's dunk off a high-low feed from Odom, back-to-back alleyoops to Turiaf, and the five-stepper late from Radmanovic).

Other than that you have Kobe's twisting lay-up when he got the tech, Odom getting his shot blocked in close by Garnett early in the third, Odom's obvious charge, Farmar's out of control reverse lay-up attempt, and Radmanovic putting back a miss in close after Kobe tried to lean in from behind the backboard and shot an airball. Kobe did get deep for two runners late, but he pulled up before getting all the way to rim.

Powe got to the rim (or within a foot or two) eight times in the second half all by himself - in eight minutes!

Hence, most of the fouls the C's committed were non-shooting - while more of the Lakers fouls were in the act.
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#411 » by Athanacropolis » Mon Jun 9, 2008 8:52 pm

nyhuskyfan wrote:By my count, the Lakers attacked the rim nine times in the entire second half, four of which were completely uncontested (Gasol's dunk off a high-low feed from Odom, back-to-back alleyoops to Turiaf, and the five-stepper late from Radmanovic).

Other than that you have Kobe's twisting lay-up when he got the tech, Odom getting his shot blocked in close by Garnett early in the third, Odom's obvious charge, Farmar's out of control reverse lay-up attempt, and Radmanovic putting back a miss in close after Kobe tried to lean in from behind the backboard and shot an airball. Kobe did get deep for two runners late, but he pulled up before getting all the way to rim.

Powe got to the rim (or within a foot or two) eight times in the second half all by himself - in eight minutes!

Hence, most of the fouls the C's committed were non-shooting - while more of the Lakers fouls were in the act.

Wish you could work for ESPN, but then again, that would mean actually displaying the Lakers' lack of aggression for all to see, instead of the far easier--and Kobe friendly--tactic of bitching about officiating.

Return to Boston Celtics