ImageImageImage

Cassell and Livingston and Fred Jones rumors

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Cassell and Livingston and Fred Jones rumors 

Post#1 » by campybatman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:09 pm

I agree with the speculation that the signing of Cassell suggest either a trade involving Pruitt or Miles not making the team. It could be more of the latter since Ainge has indicated he likes to have four point guards in camp competing for minutes. Still, it reads like Cassell is a definite resigning. If Pruitt and House see more time as off guards. That's one crowed back court at shooting guard unless Tony sees more time at small forward. And it doesn't sound as if Walker will be playing overseas. So, a trade could still be in the works before trading camp.

I wanted to see what Pruitt could offer this season but if he helps to move Scalabrine. Then Ainge should explore if any interest in both players. I doubt there's any.

Right now, reports indicate that the three front runners to sign Livingston this season are Portland, Minnesota and Miami. Personally, I would be more intrigued if Ainge were to sign Livingston as oppose to signing Miles or Cassell. But, Boston doesn't read as if they're in the running.

As for Jones, he doesn't make sense if you already have Tony Allen.

I did indeed receive confirmation that the Boston Celtics have every intention of signing Sam Cassell to a 1yr/ veteran minimum contract (which does include language regarding his coaching future) prior to Celtics Media Day which is less than three weeks away. sam_cassell.jpgHold that thought for a moment because I have been told that the Denver Nuggets are still in talks with "Camp Cassell" regarding a similar contract to the one Danny Ainge and Celtics Ownership have on the table to "Play it Again..And Again..And Again". Now if you pounded the link above and read the comments made by Cassell yesterday it would seem that he is leaning heavily toward staying here in town to finish off his playing days and to also begin his coaching career (It is very likely that Cassell was awaiting word on Doc's contract extension before engaging in any heavy leaning). Either way or shall I say either team Sammy decides to go to, it will all shake down before training camp tips off. PS: Keep in mind Boston will not outbid Denver on any aging Combo Guard solution considering they already have Eddie House and Tony Allen real-wrapped for 2 years apiece (House does have a PO on the 2nd yr. of his deal).

My "Hoop Insiders" still Speaking on the condition of anonymity went on to reveal that The Celtics were NOT at the Shaun Livingston workout last week. Funny thing is that Danny AInge and his Celts did however find a way into a few of the hottest rumors floating around the gym the day of the Livingston workout. The first rumor out of the mill consisted of Ainge still being interested in signing former Clipper PG Shaun Livingston to a Darius Miles / Sam Cassell type of contract. In the next NBA Heart-Beat Livingston and his agent scared away Ainge for the moment with talks of them wanting a 2 season guaranteed deal which Boston will not offer up for the same reason I mentioned in the Sam Cassell bullet-point above.

Worst case scenario for the Livingston talk above is that the C's can use those talks as a smokescreen for another trade or signing they are contemplating. With that being typed a little mole went on to tell me to keep an eye on Free-Agent 6-4 SG from Oregon, Fred Jones!

http://newenglandsportsblog.com/index.p ... &Itemid=28
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Re: Cassell and Livingston and Fred Jones rumors 

Post#2 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:49 pm

No thanks to Fred Jones, unless Doc and Danny are completely sold on the fact that TA will play strictly the 3.
hiphop1
Lead Assistant
And1: 32

Re: Cassell and Livingston and Fred Jones rumors 

Post#3 » by hiphop1 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:32 pm

Pretty Interesting!
Free your mind and your a** will follow

Return to Boston Celtics