ImageImageImage

Stephen Curry is the pick we should trade for

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,696

Stephen Curry is the pick we should trade for 

Post#1 » by return2glory » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:49 pm

IMO, Stephen Curry is the next Mark Price. He is the second best player in this draft behind Blake Griffin. If we are going toTrade Rondo for anyone, it should be Curry and not Rubio. If the Celtics are scared of re signing Rondo because they feel he is going to demand too much money, Curry he is guy we should try to get.

I know Curry is not a true PG, but he has improved his play making and passing a lot. He is the best offensive player in this draft and he has great range on his shot. I love Rondo, but Curry would make a lot of sense for the Celtics. With Curry on the floor, you can't double team KG, Pierce or Ray anymore because he would kill teams with his outside shooting.
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Re: Stephen Curry is the pick we should trade for 

Post#2 » by gocelts » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:33 pm

Rondo for a pick that turns into Curry would be a good trade talentwise. Anytime you pick someone at 20 and within three years turn that into a top 5 pick is REALY something special. Im suprised eveyone is so adverse to trading Rondo for the chance to get someone better....anyway....

Getting the double teams off Pierce (I dont think Ray needs to be doubled up on any more) is going to make things much easier for the offense against the better teams in the league. It would be comical if team's defended us with Curry the way they do Rondo....COMICAL...... however, our own defense with a Curry/Allen backcourt, and Marbs/House behind them would take a HUGE step back so another move/signing would need to be made. This is probably why Danny is looking at a balanced Defensive and Offensive player. We dont need a score first guy at the point with the big three, we just need someone who cant be left WIDE OPEN.

I also do not think Rubio is the guy...there isn't NBA player ever at 18 that could be THAT good as the draft site's claim he is. Its a reach to think we win the Finals with him next year.
~gocelts
Bluewhale
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#3 » by Bluewhale » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:46 pm

Use a top 5 pick on a SG in a PG body is never a good idea.
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Post#4 » by gocelts » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Bluewhale wrote:Use a top 5 pick on a SG in a PG body is never a good idea.

He would play point guard for us, and you have to admit that he IS a top 5 talent in this draft. Your saying that if Griffin, Thabeet, and Harden were gone, you wouldnt look at Curry?
~gocelts
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#5 » by cfan79 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:11 pm

No way I would trade Rondo for S.Curry. Curry looks he's going to be a bench guy in this league unless he goes to the Knicks.
JellyBean
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#6 » by JellyBean » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:35 pm

With Doc, any rookie would be bench so it doesn't matter. Anyway, Curry's deadly shooting will tremendously help the big 3 (this is our Mo Williams). As far as defense, Rondo is not a good defender either as we've seen time and time again by letting his man drive by him by gambling with a steal. We definitely need a sharp shooter in this team; besides Ray, we have none.
Cyclical
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,397

Post#7 » by Cyclical » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:36 pm

No thank you. Much more Eddie House than Mark Price.

Mark was a natural floor general and a guy with excellent court vision. He was all about team play. Curry doesn't strike me as that. He is a pure shooter. A striker. I think you are undervaluing Rondo's talent and his contribution to the team.
brassviews
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#8 » by brassviews » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:40 pm

Curry is a Jason Terry type player. Is that who you want?
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#9 » by wetsthebed » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Yuck, I want nothing to do with Stephen Curry.
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#10 » by Dogen » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:56 pm

I've been thinking that Curry might actually be the guy Danny really wants. I like him and feel he's more of a sure bet than Rubio. I don't know why people say he can't play the point. He lloks to have a decent handle and is one of the best passers I've seen in college in recent memory.
Hey you! Can we come together?
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#11 » by greenbeans » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:30 pm

JellyBean wrote:As far as defense, Rondo is not a good defender

:o
Jwade
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Jwade » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:31 pm

Curry has shown no one that he can be a good PG, so why would we do this?
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Post#13 » by jfs1000d » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:46 pm

Oh my goodness. Nice shooter, nice scorer, but he is a short shooting guard who lacks PG skills. He is essentially a bench scorer, much like his dad.

On a good team, Curry is a player who comes off the bench.

Talk about Rubio being over hyepd. Curry is even worse. He is worth a mid 1`st round pick, but nowhere near the lottery.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,111

Post#14 » by MaxwellSmart » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:51 am

Curry might turn out to be JJ Reddick.....not good----but I guess Reddick did a good job guarding Ray Allen.....so hell no.
return2glory
RealGM

Post#15 » by return2glory » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:15 am

Cyclical wrote:No thank you. Much more Eddie House than Mark Price.

Mark was a natural floor general and a guy with excellent court vision. He was all about team play. Curry doesn't strike me as that. He is a pure shooter. A striker. I think you are undervaluing Rondo's talent and his contribution to the team.

We'll see about that. IMO, Curry is going to be a starter and an all star in this league.
return2glory
RealGM

Post#16 » by return2glory » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:17 am

For the record, I want Rondo. But with all these trade talks involving Rondo, if we were going to trade Rondo for a pick, I would want Curry. Curry will play PG on this team.
return2glory
RealGM

Post#17 » by return2glory » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:18 am

Cyclical wrote:No thank you. Much more Eddie House than Mark Price.

We'll see about that. IMO, Curry is going to be a starter and an all star in this league.
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,401

Post#18 » by threrf23 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:34 am

Bluewhale wrote:Use a top 5 pick on a SG in a PG body is never a good idea.

Agreed.
bflewis
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#19 » by bflewis » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:55 am

Kings fan here. I just thought I would put my two sense on Curry. I think he is alot Kevin Martin. A good proficient scorer but no nba body.
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#20 » by cfan79 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:52 pm

bflewis wrote:Kings fan here. I just thought I would put my two sense on Curry. I think he is alot Kevin Martin. A good proficient scorer but no nba body.

Curry just isn't that good. He could be an ok bench guy, but the only team he would start on is the Knicks. My baby cousin looks like he's got a better NBA body.

Return to Boston Celtics