Image

2017 Off Season

Moderator: bwgood77

LeBron_da_Don
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,634
And1: 951
Joined: Jul 07, 2009
     

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#41 » by LeBron_da_Don » Fri Jul 7, 2017 12:36 pm

What about talking with Ainge about Crowder, Bradley, and/or Smart? All are available and would instantly become starters on this team. Crowder and Bradley for sure would look phenomenal alongside AD, Boogie, and Jrue.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Global Game
Sophomore
Posts: 233
And1: 28
Joined: Apr 29, 2014
     

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#42 » by Global Game » Sat Jul 8, 2017 12:59 am

Davis, Cousins, and Diallo are going to overwhelm the league.
Pointgod
Analyst
Posts: 3,507
And1: 2,914
Joined: Jun 28, 2014

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#43 » by Pointgod » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:21 am

I have the ideal trade for the Pwlicans:

In-Kent Bazemore and 2 1st round picks from the Hawks

Out-Omer Asik, Quincy Pondexter

The Hawks have 5 first round picks in the next 2 drafts and they'll need to use them to get rid of Bazemore's horrid contract. They're going into rebuilding mode and Pondexter expires this year and Asik can be bought out a year before Bazemore. 3 of their first round picks aren't their own so this won't affect their tank.

The Pelicans are capped out and need to add talent anyway they can. Bazemore was a disappointment but he's not completely useless. I think he could be trusted to at least be able to hit all the wide open looks he'll get from Cousins and Davis. He could start immediately and his contract expires the same time Davis will opt out. The first round picks will help the Pelicans fill out the depth on their roster and add to the young supporting cast or could be used as trade chips. Assuming Cousins walks, Hill Bazemore and Moore all expire around the time Davis can opt out leaving the Pelicans with a ton of cap space.
remi_222
Sophomore
Posts: 212
And1: 109
Joined: May 09, 2012
Location: Paris
   

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#44 » by remi_222 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:45 am

Do you think Toupane will make the team ??
Super Powered
Head Coach
Posts: 7,455
And1: 1,023
Joined: Mar 31, 2012
         

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#45 » by Super Powered » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:00 am

If we're really going after RJax, then I guess there is something to the rumor of us wanting to play Jrue more at the 2.
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 22,216
And1: 1,229
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#46 » by SD2042 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:08 pm

JR SMITH_5 wrote:If we're really going after RJax, then I guess there is something to the rumor of us wanting to play Jrue more at the 2.



I could see Jrue playing the SG to some degree, but is RJ the right compliment to the Pels backcourt? Although he's a relentless slasher and scorer, he has issues on the perimeter, defense, and is more score first, pass second mentality. The Pels will have their work cut out for them if this is the route they choose to go.
KGdaBom
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,403
And1: 194
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#47 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Not one mention of Rondo joining?
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,494
And1: 661
Joined: Dec 24, 2016

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#48 » by TankCommander17 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:48 pm

This forum is so sad.
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 22,216
And1: 1,229
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#49 » by SD2042 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:16 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:This forum is so sad.


That tends to happen when ppl don't tend to their own communities. It dries up. Plus another issue when another team forum is already more popular than forums like this one here.

The only way for forums like this will get better is that ppl put their minds together and create ideas to make it better. Otherwise, just complaints and criticism won't make the forum any better than it was yesterday.
User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 90,060
And1: 34,125
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: Trust The Process
 

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#50 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:27 pm

Kyrie for boogie yay nay?
Super Powered
Head Coach
Posts: 7,455
And1: 1,023
Joined: Mar 31, 2012
         

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#51 » by Super Powered » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Dupp wrote:Kyrie for boogie yay nay?


Now or at the trade deadline?
User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 90,060
And1: 34,125
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: Trust The Process
 

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#52 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:06 pm

JR SMITH_5 wrote:
Dupp wrote:Kyrie for boogie yay nay?


Now or at the trade deadline?


Kinda has to be now for us
Super Powered
Head Coach
Posts: 7,455
And1: 1,023
Joined: Mar 31, 2012
         

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#53 » by Super Powered » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:06 pm

SD2042 wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:This forum is so sad.


That tends to happen when ppl don't tend to their own communities. It dries up. Plus another issue when another team forum is already more popular than forums like this one here.

The only way for forums like this will get better is that ppl put their minds together and create ideas to make it better. Otherwise, just complaints and criticism won't make the forum any better than it was yesterday.


Yeah, I'm banned over at pr.com :lol:
_s_t_u_r_t_
Junior
Posts: 429
And1: 46
Joined: Jun 13, 2007
     

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#54 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:23 pm

Pointgod wrote:I have the ideal trade for the Pwlicans:

In-Kent Bazemore and 2 1st round picks from the Hawks

Out-Omer Asik, Quincy Pondexter

The Hawks have 5 first round picks in the next 2 drafts and they'll need to use them to get rid of Bazemore's horrid contract. They're going into rebuilding mode and Pondexter expires this year and Asik can be bought out a year before Bazemore. 3 of their first round picks aren't their own so this won't affect their tank.

The Pelicans are capped out and need to add talent anyway they can. Bazemore was a disappointment but he's not completely useless. I think he could be trusted to at least be able to hit all the wide open looks he'll get from Cousins and Davis. He could start immediately and his contract expires the same time Davis will opt out. The first round picks will help the Pelicans fill out the depth on their roster and add to the young supporting cast or could be used as trade chips. Assuming Cousins walks, Hill Bazemore and Moore all expire around the time Davis can opt out leaving the Pelicans with a ton of cap space.


Hawks are in a re-build and those draft picks, though probably not high ones, are prime real estate by most accounts. I think I can speak fairly confidently for most Hawks fans that if they ever considered including draft picks in a trade, it would be in exchange for some very promising asset(s).

Would they be willing to send out one bad contract in exchange for another smaller one and some other asset? The Howard trade is testimony that, yes, that's an option.

They may be willing to flip Bazemore, but he is still young enough that there's still palpable optimism that he's capable of producing at a level more congruent with his contract. It is the opinion of many Hawks fans that he's suffered from being put in the position of guarding opposing wings with significantly more girth than he has, and he would greatly benefit from being allowed to guard SGs and smaller SFs as a rule.

And, if you look at it from a Hawks perspective, they already have one bad contract in the frontcourt (Plumlee). Then, whereas similar to Bazemore, age-wise, he's in the prime years and could still conceivably prove to fill a role adequately, Asik is too old to be thought-of as having much potential to consistent contribute.

Finally, this proposed trade has an additional problem of pragmatism for the Pels--they would appear to be much more interested in deals that create cap space. This one loses cap space.

So, fwiw, the counteroffer I for one would see probably wouldn't appeal to Pels fans.

If you want to shed Asik's salary, you'd have to take back Plumlee, and send us a player to fill our 3rd PG void--seemingly Cook.

I see no way really for you to acquire Bazemore simply because of your own payroll and cap space restrictions.
User avatar
realEAST
Veteran
Posts: 2,525
And1: 487
Joined: Mar 25, 2016
   

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#55 » by realEAST » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on adding Bazz Mohammad?
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 22,216
And1: 1,229
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#56 » by SD2042 » Mon Sep 4, 2017 2:59 am

Super Powered wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:This forum is so sad.


That tends to happen when ppl don't tend to their own communities. It dries up. Plus another issue when another team forum is already more popular than forums like this one here.

The only way for forums like this will get better is that ppl put their minds together and create ideas to make it better. Otherwise, just complaints and criticism won't make the forum any better than it was yesterday.


Yeah, I'm banned over at pr.com :lol:


Perhaps you and others who have moved on from the site could do the necessary things to make this site your new stomping grounds.
Alatan
Senior
Posts: 585
And1: 430
Joined: May 06, 2017

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#57 » by Alatan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:59 pm

Hi guys. I'm curious what do you think of this trade proposal.
NOP gives Hill, 19 unprotected 1st and Ajinca (or some other salary filler)
Denver gives Chandler and Barton.
You would get a much needed SF and a scorer of the bench for a guy that is hurt this season and a 19 pick that could be from top 7 to bottom 7.
Denver on the other hand probably misses the playoffs but consolidates their roster and gets a possibly valuable asset in the future.
User avatar
pelifan
General Manager
Posts: 8,887
And1: 7,154
Joined: Aug 12, 2014
Location: The lone pelican
 

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#58 » by pelifan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:20 am

Alatan wrote:Hi guys. I'm curious what do you think of this trade proposal.
NOP gives Hill, 19 unprotected 1st and Ajinca (or some other salary filler)
Denver gives Chandler and Barton.
You would get a much needed SF and a scorer of the bench for a guy that is hurt this season and a 19 pick that could be from top 7 to bottom 7.
Denver on the other hand probably misses the playoffs but consolidates their roster and gets a possibly valuable asset in the future.


dont think NO is in a position to move an unprotected anything.
Image
User avatar
Wiltside
Heat Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 724
And1: 2,049
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#59 » by Wiltside » Mon Oct 2, 2017 10:16 pm

Shaping up to be a really important season in Nola, interested in how you guys go this season!

Questions for the Pels fans:
- Can Cunningham hold down the 3 spot?
- Will a back up wing emerge from the pack?
- Does Gentry survive the season?
- Does the front office blow it up? (e.g. Boogie trade)

Image

Written up a few thoughts, be great to get some feedback from you guys :) : https://thefourpointplay.blog/2017/10/02/nba-pelicans-season-preview/
Check out our blog on all things NBA, The Four Point Play:
https://thefourpointplay.blog

Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Super Powered
Head Coach
Posts: 7,455
And1: 1,023
Joined: Mar 31, 2012
         

Re: 2017 Off Season 

Post#60 » by Super Powered » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:20 am

2018 Summer Needs

1. Re-sign Boogie
2. Draft a 2-way wing player.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans