Lurkers, join and introduce yourself here, let us know your draft and offseason thoughts

Moderator: bwgood77

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,382

Lurkers, join and introduce yourself here, let us know your draft and offseason thoughts 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:39 pm

It would be good to have some new posters with their thoughts at this time. The more unique opinions the better.
Terovibe
Sophomore
And1: 54

Re: Lurkers, join and introduce yourself here, let us know your draft and offseason thoughts 

Post#2 » by Terovibe » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:01 pm

hello everyone, i am from greece and a great fan of nba. I am a basketball player here and my passion for the game is beyond the limits. I am playing yahoo fantasy basketball 4 years now and i would like to keep on playing in a serious league, thats why a friend of mine told me about your league. It would be really nice to spend some time playing with ya guys :)
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,376

Re: Lurkers, join and introduce yourself here, let us know your draft and offseason thoughts 

Post#3 » by robbie84 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:14 pm

I'm a Celtics fan but I love the Pelicans and New Orleans.
I was stoked you guys got Buddy. I watched his first few pre season games and he looked very good.

How's he going so far? Are you guys pleased with him? Seems his athleticism will be just fine for the NBA.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
2PRTaylorMade
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#4 » by 2PRTaylorMade » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Hello,

I'm Bulls fan but seriouly i watch NO as they are my best team in 2K. I love how Davis plays and Jrue and Evans are a very good backcourt. I believe you have some weapons on your team you just need to make a few more moves to push you forward. Injuries are usually NO's major downfall. Develop Buddy Hield keep your core of Davis, Jrue, Evans healthy and togeather and find another star to put on the team and you will be able to compete. Health is the primary concern I see with this team. I do enjoy it.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#5 » by pelifan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:28 pm

It's happening Lurkers, we're building steam, fans across RealGM are starting to take notice. last three game threads have multiple posts. That's called momentum. Join now while the getting is good and watch us become the league's premier fanbase. I'm prepared to lead by example, or by counter example. Really whichever example involve posting a bunch of gifs and rambling incoherently.

Dream big pels fans. Dream big.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#6 » by TMU » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:24 pm

Go Pelifan!
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#7 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:14 pm

I root for the Pelicans because I'm a fan of AD being that he's from Chicago.

Haven't had the time to keep up with them this year.

What's the consensus on Buddy Heild so far?
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
pelifan
RealGM

Post#8 » by pelifan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:13 pm

RedBulls83 wrote:I root for the Pelicans because I'm a fan of AD being that he's from Chicago.

He's only getting better, still isn't getting to the rim though.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#9 » by bondom34 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:31 pm

I root for the Pels because one of my favorite players is on the team.

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#10 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:32 pm

pelifan wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:I root for the Pelicans because I'm a fan of AD being that he's from Chicago.

He's only getting better, still isn't getting to the rim though.

Wasn't he always a perimeter guy to begin with? Didn't attack the basket as much because he doesn't have the best handles.

Maybe I'm off, but he reminds me of a bigger Ben Gordon (BG during his early career years). Great shot and ability to score. Shouldn't really be asked to handle the ball much. Though he can work on that part of his game and improve.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Sakkreth
Starter
And1: 3,402

Post#11 » by Sakkreth » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:44 pm

You will get influx of new posters by signing DMo.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,288

Post#12 » by Jstock12 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 7:06 pm

Lithuanian fan here. I follow all Lithuanian teams (Raptors, Knicks, Thunder, and now the Pelicans). I hope DMo makes an impact here and gets his career back on track (no pun intended).
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#13 » by Zion Wembanyama » Sat Jan 7, 2017 3:33 am

I have been known by many a name throughout the years. Been a Hornet/Pelican fan since 91-92.

Geaux Nawlins!
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
pelifan
RealGM

Post#14 » by pelifan » Sat Jan 7, 2017 10:40 am

JR SMITH_5 wrote:I have been known by many a name throughout the years. Been a Hornet/Pelican fan since 91-92.

Geaux Nawlins!

Geaux JR!
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#15 » by realEAST » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:53 am

Hi, Bulls fan here, but I also like those work in progress teams.

One draft question - who would you take with your pick if (imo) the best names left on board are Ntilikina, Markkanen, Fox and OG Anunoby?

Case could be made for anyone, what would be your preference?

Do you go for Ntiklina with Holiday potentialy staying and backcourt being crowded? Same goes for Fox.

And between Markkanen and OG who fits better? OG helps cover the biggest issues of other, ideally 3&D, forward.

Meanwhile, Markkanen-Davis could be very interesting combo due to their skill, size and mobility. Bit more traditional, but still efficient imo.
realEAST
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by realEAST » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:55 am

Hi, Bulls fan here, but I also like those work in progress teams.

One draft question - who would you take with your pick if (imo) the best names left on board are Ntilikina, Markkanen, Fox and OG Anunoby?

Do you go for Ntiklina with Holiday potentialy staying and backcourt being crowded? Same goes for Fox.

And between Markkanen and OG who fits better? OG helps cover the biggest issues of other, ideally 3&D, forward.

Meanwhile, Markkanen-Davis could be very interesting combo due to their skill, size and mobility. Bit more traditional, but still efficient imo.
pelifan
RealGM

Post#17 » by pelifan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:28 pm

realEAST wrote:Hi, Bulls fan here, but I also like those work in progress teams.

Whoever is BPA. Drafting for fit is always a mistake I think.
realEAST
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by realEAST » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:20 pm

pelifan wrote:
realEAST wrote:Hi, Bulls fan here, but I also like those work in progress teams.

Whoever is BPA. Drafting for fit is always a mistake I think.

Well, yes, but when players of comparable (projected) talents are there, fit plays important role. Even last year, Pelicans sort of went for fit with Hield, as more experienced rookie than Murray, and it was perfectly understanding, as first couple of years with Davis weren't spent in the best way.

With Ntilikina the most talented one here imo, but with greater chance to picked before Pels are on turn, if choice is to fall among OG, Markkanena and Fox, I think it mostly comes down to fit.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#19 » by IggieCC » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:34 am

I have been the biggest Pelican fan since February 20, 2017.

Spoiler:

call me pelifan
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS

Return to New Orleans Pelicans