QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,759

Re: Am I dreaming? 

Post#101 » by QUIZ » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:15 am

Congrats pelifan, I'm excited for you.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#102 » by Ericb5 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:27 am

As a Sixer fan, I'm elated by this deal too, since it was great for us too.

Our chances at using the pick swap this year just went up substantially, and we have the Kings' 2019 pick unprotected, and they will probably be one of the worst teams in the league at that point.

Also happy for AD and for Cousins. Should be really fun to follow them from afar, and I know that I will be seeking them out on league pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#103 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:44 am

Good time to be a Pels fan. Congrats! You guys are going to have a ton of fun watching these guys play together.
rasta_marley
Starter
And1: 509

Post#104 » by rasta_marley » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:38 am

Man Blazers could have easily beaten that package.. wth Oshley?

I will be watching some pelican games next few weeks I think this could be interesting if things mesh.

On a side note I'm really very happy for Cousins while I have heard things ( about what a headcase he supposedly is)). At the end of the day he has been stuck in one of the two worst run franchises of this decade. I feel like now we may really get to see what kind of player he is.
Heej wrote:And tbh I'm not entirely convinced MJ wasn't just the 90s version of KD.

:lol:
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#105 » by Hoopz Afrik » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Turn up Nawlins. Really look forward to seeing the Boogie-Brow Connection. Two of my favorite players in the league.

Congrats to yall
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
TheTrueNorth
Ballboy
And1: 34

Post#106 » by TheTrueNorth » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:11 pm

MN fan coming in peace.

I'm actually really happy for you guys. AD is one of my favorite players and I honestly felt like I was watching KG 2.0 all over again. Super talented guy surrounded by role players with a front office unwilling or unable to get another "stars" and far to good and loyal of a guy to leave or cause headaches or waves in the media.

I'm curious what's the consensus on how you think boogie and AD will fit? IMHO I think this could be either the greatest front court pairing ever. Skill wise on both ends they cover each other's weaknesses and they possess what you'd ideally want in the "other" big man and they happen have those skills in spades. I think and honestly hope getting out will change Boogie and both guys will be willing to sacrifice appropriately to win because with their versitility and size they could be GSW/CLE ultimate kryptonite in the playoffs.

Your also helping keep us in the lottery this year too, which at this point is probably better than a run at the playoffs to get a quick 4-0 to GSW post LaVine injury lol.

Finally, what kind of trade value do you think Jones, Moore and Pondexter have?
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#107 » by pelifan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:42 pm

TheTrueNorth wrote:MN fan coming in peace.

I'm actually really happy for you guys. AD is one of my favorite players and I honestly felt like I was watching KG 2.0 all over again. Super talented guy surrounded by role players with a front office unwilling or unable to get another "stars" and far to good and loyal of a guy to leave or cause headaches or waves in the media.

I'm curious what's the consensus on how you think boogie and AD will fit? IMHO I think this could be either the greatest front court pairing ever. Skill wise on both ends they cover each other's weaknesses and they possess what you'd ideally want in the "other" big man and they happen have those skills in spades. I think and honestly hope getting out will change Boogie and both guys will be willing to sacrifice appropriately to win because with their versitility and size they could be GSW/CLE ultimate kryptonite in the playoffs.

Your also helping keep us in the lottery this year too, which at this point is probably better than a run at the playoffs to get a quick 4-0 to GSW post LaVine injury lol.

Finally, what kind of trade value do you think Jones, Moore and Pondexter have?

Pondexter none. Moore isn't moving at least this year, I think he's a good role player on a good contract by the way. Jones not much but he could bolster the bench of a playoff team or tryout for a bad one. I'm not sure where Jones wants to go, I imagine he just wants to earn a big contract. id like a guard back for him.
Tone-
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#108 » by Tone- » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:Good time to be a Pels fan. Congrats! You guys are going to have a ton of fun watching these guys play together.

It will be quite different ! We are not ready, so as Gentry…
. . . . . . ......... . . . .. . . . . . ......... . . . .Image
. . . . . . ......... . . . . . . . . . ......... . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . .Unleash the Greek Freak.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#109 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:37 pm

Tone- wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:Good time to be a Pels fan. Congrats! You guys are going to have a ton of fun watching these guys play together.

No matter what happens it will be entertaining at least. It could be the best big man pairing of all time. They could fight over being the Alpha. Boogie could get too many techs. Who knows.

All I do know is the talent is there. When I first saw AD play I said to my friend with me at the game that AD could go down as the greatest player ever with the physical tools and skill set he has. Obviously it takes more than just having the physical tools, but AD is blessed.
pelifan
RealGM

Post#110 » by pelifan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:23 am

It's real. It's happening.
Gilles
Rookie
And1: 70

Post#111 » by Gilles » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:48 am

Daddy 801 wrote:
Tone- wrote:

No matter what happens it will be entertaining at least. It could be the best big man pairing of all time. They could fight over being the Alpha. Boogie could get too many techs. Who knows.

All I do know is the talent is there. When I first saw AD play I said to my friend with me at the game that AD could go down as the greatest player ever with the physical tools and skill set he has. Obviously it takes more than just having the physical tools, but AD is blessed.
Since they are both the products of Kentucky pipeline and Boogie is older, I think AD looks up to Boogie. At the same time Boogie is very unselfish (though Solo better not miss 15 corner shots in a row), so Smash Bros will play off each other. I would expect Boogie becoming main initiator in late game situations pretty quickly, since he's top-3 in the league in last minute scoring. Boogie will gladly have AD take more shots throughout the game though.

Main pitfall is that in the course of Kings games, some of Boogie's pretty inefficient plays were still more productive in half court than the rest of the team could run. Hopefully Boogie never goes to those at all or they are quickly eliminated from his arsenal. Jrue and Tim will have to do a lot of judgement to do early on, when channeling the traffic between 2 bigs.
If Gentry goes max staggering of AD and DC right from the start, Cousins will have to go through quick learning curve adjusting to his new teammates in 1-4 setting, when AD sits: Boogie doesn't particularly likes P&R, which mostly goes to P&P with him, so that would be mostly a set up for guard penetration.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#112 » by IggieCC » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:17 pm

pelifan wrote:Putting out the Pel signal.

Spoiler:
Euphonetiks wrote:.

Jon1798 wrote:.

JR SMITH_5 wrote:.

lordjeff05 wrote:.

MKWB wrote:.

pelifan wrote:.

Saints14 wrote:.

Smirk wrote:.

Thoughts?

I'm offended that I'm not included in the Pel signal.

My thoughts is championship.
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Smirk
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#113 » by Smirk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:16 pm

pelifan wrote:New Orleans is on the map now.

Pretty exciting
pelifan
RealGM

Post#114 » by pelifan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:25 pm

PaKwAn wrote:im a pels fan now lol... warriors would be scared facing this duo in the playoffs!

Love the sig. Glad you came over in the trade. I feel like I'm adding a Demarcus Cousins to my Anthony Davis
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#115 » by TKainZero » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:42 pm

I'm happy for new Orleans.

But. In my nba2k franchise... it didn't go so well.

First, missed playoffs, jrue bolted... but Durant signed...
Then the next year, wcf, cousins left...
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#116 » by nymets1 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:06 am

Word from the Denver Nuggets is Jameer Nelson has replaced Mudiay as the starting point guard because they are going for the 8th seed. They are failing to realize they have no shot at holding off the Pelicans for the 8th spot.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,541

Post#117 » by PaKwAn » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:33 am

pelifan wrote:
PaKwAn wrote:im a pels fan now lol... warriors would be scared facing this duo in the playoffs!

Love the sig. Glad you came over in the trade. I feel like I'm adding a Demarcus Cousins to my Anthony Davis

thank you sir! that made the trade A+ in favor of the pelicans when i was included in that package lol....
vtime
Rookie
And1: 247

Post#118 » by vtime » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:41 am

Euphonetiks wrote:
vtime wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:
Jrue is going to be great on this team. He doesn't need the ball, is shooting great from 3, and his plus perimeter defense & length for the position is going to be needed using 2 bigs. Our core is going to be Jrue/Boogie/AD. hell half the reason to trade for Boogie was to make the team more competitive so Jrue will re-sign.

More importantly, with Jrue's injury history do you really want to have to try to resign him. Unloading his now reasonable deal via trade or free agency to add a 3rd star should be a priority. This is the time for home runs, a once in a generation opportunity. Go all in for a 3rd star.

Yes, we want to resign him. Who fits these two better than Jrue and is going to come to New Orleans with no injury history? Jrue is a priority. The Pelicans are condifent that his health issues are behind him. Jrue can shoot and play offball, while also providing great perimeter defense with versatility. Jrue and AD are friends and he fits the time horizon perfectly: Jrue - 26, Boogie - 26, Ad - 23 . They would have a strong core in their prime for 5 years.

I'd trade Holiday for TJ Warren and Brandon Knight in a heartbeat. Warren had upside and Knight is so much better when he can just spot up, career 36% from the arc
pelifan
RealGM

Post#119 » by pelifan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:48 am

vtime wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:
vtime wrote:
More importantly, with Jrue's injury history do you really want to have to try to resign him. Unloading his now reasonable deal via trade or free agency to add a 3rd star should be a priority. This is the time for home runs, a once in a generation opportunity. Go all in for a 3rd star.

Yes, we want to resign him. Who fits these two better than Jrue and is going to come to New Orleans with no injury history? Jrue is a priority. The Pelicans are condifent that his health issues are behind him. Jrue can shoot and play offball, while also providing great perimeter defense with versatility. Jrue and AD are friends and he fits the time horizon perfectly: Jrue - 26, Boogie - 26, Ad - 23 . They would have a strong core in their prime for 5 years.

I'd trade Holiday for TJ Warren and Brandon Knight in a heartbeat. Warren had upside and Knight is so much better when he can just spot up, career 36% from the arc

You should visit the Suns forum. Also this doesnt open up capspace for a third star so your posts conflict. Probably the only post in this thread I'm not going to And1
vtime
Rookie
And1: 247

Post#120 » by vtime » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:00 am

Why. Mutually beneficial trade. Pelicans get 2 long term starters on team controlled contracts that fit the age and skill sets of their core. The Suns shave salary for their rebuild and don't have to overpay to keep Warren

Return to New Orleans Pelicans