New Orleans Hornets 2008 trade deadline re-do

Moderator: bwgood77

Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

New Orleans Hornets 2008 trade deadline re-do 

Post#1 » by Zion Wembanyama » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:05 am

The New Orleans Hornets were red hot, as they sat atop the Western Conference in February. They were also the only top western conference team to make a trade, until they traded Bobby Jackson and Adam Haluska to Houston for Bonzi Wells and Mike James. Marcus Vinicius went to Memphis. We all know that move bombed for the Pelicans and it got me to thinking, which move could've set them up better to surpass the Spurs in the semi-finals? That is, without it even having to come to that controversy at the end of game 7.

Would it be no move at all? Perhaps... but for conversation sake, let's say making a deal would be the remedy.

So which move do the Hornets make?

Since MEM was already in rebuild mode, by trading Pau to LAL. I'd hit them up for another vet.

MEM outging:

Mike Miller
Brian Cardinal

New Orleans outgoing:

Bobby Jackson
Julian Wright
salary filler
future pick

Dept Chart

CP3/Pargo
Miller/MoPete
Peja/Sual Bop
West/Cardinal
Chandler/Birdman

- I think that rotation gets us to the WCF and I think we have a great shot at beating LAL there. We address the secondary ball-handler issue with Miller, who was also a lethal shooter and play-maker. Cardinal provides hustle/grit and can make guys work on the offensive-end. MEM gets salary relief, a prospect and future considerations.

Thoughts? Anyone care?
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Re: New Orleans Hornets 2008 trade deadline re-do 

Post#2 » by pelifan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:56 pm

honestly i dont remember enough about the 2008 season. but Miller was a pretty good player and hot commodity at the time, given how tanking back then wasnt as big as it is now I'm not sure Memphis would feel the need to move miller.

I would rather undo the Chandler trade if I had to pick.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans