cheick diallo

Moderator: bwgood77

prizm
Junior
And1: 265

cheick diallo 

Post#1 » by prizm » Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:14 pm

whats up with him? i know they got ad and cousins but they can still find minutes for him. is he injured? he looked pretty good out there when they actually gave him decent minutes last season.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Re: cheick diallo 

Post#2 » by pelifan » Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:31 pm

prizm wrote:whats up with him? i know they got ad and cousins but they can still find minutes for him. is he injured? he looked pretty good out there when they actually gave him decent minutes last season.

He doesnt understand how to be a role player yet. He looks good when he gets to be involved in the offense and is active on the boards as shown in summerleague and when Davis was out last season, but his defensive rotations and general defensive discipline is still poor and he doesn't know how to be a peripheral offensive option.

He clearly has NBA talent, I chalk it up to poor coaching really. Homestly I'm fine with him riding the pine for the time being. The rest of the team needs to figure it out before trying to integrate a player who is still very green.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Post#3 » by GopherIt! » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:35 am

"the iron cheick" aka "diallo el diablo" aka
"beef cheick" as he is affectionately known in nba circles is an interesting prospect

was a victim of a Nigerian phishing scam famously involving actual fish.

possibly related to luol deng
prizm
Junior

Post#4 » by prizm » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:32 pm

pelifan wrote:
prizm wrote:whats up with him? i know they got ad and cousins but they can still find minutes for him. is he injured? he looked pretty good out there when they actually gave him decent minutes last season.

He doesnt understand how to be a role player yet. He looks good when he gets to be involved in the offense and is active on the boards as shown in summerleague and when Davis was out last season, but his defensive rotations and general defensive discipline is still poor and he doesn't know how to be a peripheral offensive option.

He clearly has NBA talent, I chalk it up to poor coaching really. Homestly I'm fine with him riding the pine for the time being. The rest of the team needs to figure it out before trying to integrate a player who is still very green.

thanks for the info... i only saw highlights of him when he got minutes and put up some impressive stats. i really like his game... got a old school feel to it. i thought he would at least get some back up minutes this season but looks like its not happening.
prizm
Junior

Post#5 » by prizm » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:34 pm

GopherIt! wrote:"the iron cheick" aka "diallo el diablo" aka
"beef cheick" as he is affectionately known in nba circles is an interesting prospect

was a victim of a Nigerian phishing scam famously involving actual fish.

possibly related to luol deng

lol "the iron cheick" thats actually a cool nickname
would be proud
pelifan
RealGM

Post#6 » by pelifan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:36 pm

prizm wrote:
pelifan wrote:

thanks for the info... i only saw highlights of him when he got minutes and put up some impressive stats. i really like his game... got a old school feel to it. i thought he would at least get some back up minutes this season but looks like its not happening.

I mean 2 years ago he wasn't even starting for Kansas. I'm confident he'll be a big contributor in the rotation by seasons end.
prizm
Junior

Post#7 » by prizm » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:51 pm

pelifan wrote:
prizm wrote:
pelifan wrote:

I mean 2 years ago he wasn't even starting for Kansas. I'm confident he'll be a big contributor in the rotation by seasons end.

yea man... when i started watching his highlights last season i had to check out who this dude was... his style of game is really intriguing. come to find out guy was a 5 star recruit and like you said didnt even start for kansas, not only that he barely played for them. obviously, thats why he dropped so far down in the draft but this dude looks legit. i mean highlights can make any player look unreal but getting info from you it looks like his weaknesses shouldnt be that hard to correct... hope pelicans develop his talents properly.
prizm
Junior

Post#8 » by prizm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:56 pm

the iron cheick finally got some burn against the clips... not bad. lets keep it rollin gentry...
pelifan
RealGM

Post#9 » by pelifan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:28 am

prizm wrote:the iron cheick finally got some burn against the clips... not bad. lets keep it rollin gentry...

yea 9-6 on 4-5 in 19 minutes, running the floor. That's some quality work. Just gotta hope it's not followed by a string of DNPs
prizm
Junior

Post#10 » by prizm » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:03 am

very close win but 2 mins after a solid game vs clips? what happened? seeing diallo out there is like a ufo sighting
pelifan
RealGM

Post#11 » by pelifan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:25 am

prizm wrote:very close win but 2 mins after a solid game vs clips? what happened? seeing diallo out there is like a ufo sighting

It might have just been ATL playing small most of the game. Darius Miller got super hot and played a lot of 4. Diallo missed a few boxouts though which didnt help.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans