How about a Banks for Butler trade??

Moderator: bwgood77

ray ray
Sixth Man
And1: 762

How about a Banks for Butler trade?? 

Post#1 » by ray ray » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:05 pm

Suns fan here, What do you guys think about obtaining Marcus Banks for Rusual Butler? Marcus Banks is a very good one on one defender who has improve his jump shot immensly. He can get to the rack at will, our problem is that our coach is as stubborn as a mule. He insist that Banks plays like Nash and there's nobody in the NBA that is as good as Nash let alone in the Suns organization.

Trade ID #4388905

Phoenix Suns trade:
Marcus Banks (3.6 mil)

New Orleans Hornets Trade:
Rusual Butler (3.4 mil)

I think it would improve your backcourt with Banks and Butler would provide a better alternitive than Boris Diaw.

Would you do it???
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#2 » by 2poor » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:20 pm

dunno, we don't really need a 3rd PG right now. what we NEED is a guy like Butler when he's not in a season-long slump. we need good perimeter defenders who can hit open shots...in the past Rasual has done this for us, but as of late his confidence has been in the toilet.
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,034

Post#3 » by DBurks2818 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:56 pm

Man, I never thought Rasual would become a big part of the NOH rotation after that big trade, but he was actually playing decently for a while and earned himself a nice contract. But what happened with him this year?
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#4 » by 2poor » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:31 pm

He's very streaky, and has struggled to embrace a role off the bench. The times where he has played well were when he was getting bigger minutes due to injury, starting in some cases.

For that reason, I still think he could be an effective player for a team that can offer him more minutes. At the very least, he's a capable defender. When his shot is falling he can be extremely productive.
The Answer!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,006

Post#5 » by The Answer! » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:42 am

No thanks as 2poor pretty much hit the nail on the head. And his contract runs a year longer at almost $5 million. Good try, though.
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#6 » by SpaceJam » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:20 pm

I could see Marcus Banks in a Hornets uniform.
_________
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,082
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#7 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:53 am

What's with everyone trying to dump there trash on us, but telling us how great they are? If Banks is so good, why would they get rid of him? PG depth is crucial to the suns, because they crumble with Barbosa at PG.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,605

Post#8 » by shrink » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:42 pm

Butler >> Banks.

For most of last season, it was a contest whether the guy would end up with more assists or turnovers. That's not a good sign for a PG. Plus, he's signed to a four year deal which is more than he's worth.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans