There's a way to go, but N.O. on right track

Moderator: bwgood77

2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

There's a way to go, but N.O. on right track 

Post#1 » by 2poor » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:48 pm

Good read from John DeShazier at the T-P.

NOLA.com wrote:The best start in Hornets history got better Wednesday night.

It could get a lot better in the next eight days, when the Hornets play four consecutive home games against very beatable teams. It could get so good that by the time New Orleans becomes center of the NBA universe when the All-Stars come to town Feb. 15-17, the Hornets could be the best team in the West. And that's in a conference so loaded that 10 teams have won at least 20 games, and nine have won between 22 and 26.

"Doesn't mean much," said forward David West, who, along with guard Chris Paul, should be one of the Western Conference All-Stars.

And the harsh truth is he's right. There are no trophies given for leading at the break, no belts to be awarded for owning the best record in franchise history at this point of the season, not even an overwhelming sense of satisfaction to be gained from trouncing the likes of Seattle 123-92, like the Hornets did Wednesday.

link

Destiny anyone?

:clap:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#2 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:53 am

I wouldn't have put much into giving us any real shot at a title at the season's start.

I'm beginning to believe though.... We are a dangerous team, because we can beat anyone if the game is close, and we are unbeatable in OT :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#3 » by 2poor » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:25 pm

All I know is, there are a TON of threads I want to bump right about now.

With each new day I'm looking less and less like a raving homer.

WE TOLD YOU TO WAIT UNTIL THEY'RE HEALTHY!@#

:lol:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#4 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:05 am

Yup, we got laughed at for saying 50 wins if healthy. The best part is how surprised everyone is at how good Chris Paul is, like he's become some new player :lol:

The shooting stroke has improved some, but he's been this good for a while now :D
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to New Orleans Pelicans