OT Anyone here work with the media?

Moderator: bwgood77

wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

OT Anyone here work with the media? 

Post#1 » by wiff » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:08 pm

Hey Seattle fan here.

A group of Sonic fans are getting together to raise money for a banner to fly before the Rookie vs Sophmore game All-Star weekend.

Our goal is to get the owners attention so hopefully they will see that the Sonic fans are getting the shaft from new owner Clay Bennett.

We'd love for the banner to make it to TV so that's why I'm asking for any sort of media contacts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And if you want more info so you know this is legit, you can go here

http://www.sonicscentral.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=6403&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thanks again. Best of luck to you guy during the playoffs. I'd love to see some new blood in the Western conference finals. I'm tired of watching the Spurs, Dallas, Suns and Lakers.
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#2 » by 2poor » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 pm

Might be a long shot, but you might try emily.turner@nbc33tv(dot)(com)

She's a sports reporter for WVLA and WGMB in Baton Rouge; a representative from Fox News Louisiana has posted on another Hornets site before for various media events, indicating her as the contact.

Don't know if she'll get you far, but it couldn't hurt to just send her an email. If you're lucky, you might even get to meet her.

:love:
The Answer!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,006

Post#3 » by The Answer! » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:27 pm

Fantastic idea wiff, and best of luck with the process! And thanks for the address 2poor, I'll be e-mailing her for a different reason. :wink:
wiff
Head Coach

Post#4 » by wiff » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:31 am

Thanks 2poor you are the freakin man!
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,400

Post#5 » by magee » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:22 pm

Ho. Ly. Sh. It.

She is the hottest sports reporter outside of Erin Andrews. She shall be my future wife.
wiff
Head Coach

Post#6 » by wiff » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:48 am

A couple guys in Seattle were wondering if any New Orleans Horent fans feel that if the banner is flying around All-Star weekend that it will be percieved as a negative light on your franchise?

In a round about way your franchise the Hornets has been rumored with the Sonics as a team who could possibly move.

Obviously that isn't our intent. We simply want to keep the Sonics in Seattle. We really don't want the Hornets. Not that your team isn't very good because they are and I think most people who follow the league love Chris Pual.

We simply want to keep our Sonics in Seattle.

But that is still the question we are wondering about.

Anyone feeling slighted?
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#7 » by 2poor » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:07 pm

Personally, no, but I can't speak for the locals.

What I can tell you is that your average Hornets/NOLA person doesn't like Clay Bennett or OKC anymore than you guys do...so you certainly won't hurt any feelings by taking shots at that a-hole or that po'dunk city.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans