'07-08 Hornets = '03-04 Pistons?

Moderator: bwgood77

2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

'07-08 Hornets = '03-04 Pistons? 

Post#1 » by 2poor » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:05 pm

well, sort of. :P

NOLA.com wrote:The Hornets have won nine consecutive games, their best streak since the 1998-99 season, and the most notable statistics from those nine wins might be the margins of victory.

The Hornets have won the past nine games by an average of 20.7 points, including five victories by 24 points or more. According to team officials, the Hornets are the second team in NBA history to win seven consecutive games by at least 14 points.

The other team to do that, the 2003-04 Detroit Pistons, won the NBA Finals.

New Orleans in elite company with routs
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#2 » by Copperhead » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:42 pm

I'm just taking it one game at a time. One game at a time. :lol:
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#3 » by sarah42 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:55 pm

i think the team is taking it one game at a time. the west is filled with great teams. about 10 deep.

we are great defensive team, but lets not get ahead of ourselves, even though i get your point about the record.

i think we can set a team record for consecutive wins at 10 by beating the golden state warriors on wednesday, and it could definitely happen since the warriors are playing tonight as well.

is that correct - about 10 wins in a row? if that were to happen, is that a new orleans hornets record or a charlotte record? find it hard to believe the charlotte hornets never had a longer streak!
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
sarah42
Starter

Post#4 » by sarah42 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:56 pm

i watched PTI today and we were one of the first topics after brady and the patriots. tony K wasn't negative at all, and the other dude from miami was giving compliments to chris out of the wazoo! like he should have. last time we were talked about on pti, neither commentator took the team seriously, but we've been number 1 for a week now, blowing out the spurs and the nuggets.

first coach greg P was very complimentary, basically saying it was us and not the spurs playing badly to cause that blowout, and then george carl from the nuggets said we were a great team as well, that we were for real - AI was annoyed with our defense, and Karl called tyson a "young camby"

i'm sure camby would have preferred the term "a younger camby" emphasis on the "er" - he ain't that old right 2poor!

as a nugget fan, were you happy or sad about that game? i hope melo gets better. the nuggets are more entertaining than the blazers or the rockets!
inmate347 wrote:
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#5 » by 2poor » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:02 am

sarah42 wrote:as a nugget fan, were you happy or sad about that game? i hope melo gets better. the nuggets are more entertaingnt than the blazers or the rockets!

I've always made it clear that I'm a Hornets fan first and a Nuggets fan second. The Hornets are who I grew up rooting for even though I lived in the middle of Chicago and Jordan was busy dominating the league. The Nuggets were a more recent pick-up, in part because I always had a soft spot for them, but largely because I've been following Melo since he was in high school.

As for last night's game, I thoroughly enjoyed the walloping. I don't want anybody slowing this train down.

In the end, the balls in my signature tell the story. :lol:

(perverse enough for you?)
sarah42
Starter

Post#6 » by sarah42 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:13 am

lol. funny way to put it.

melo is fun to watch. one day he'll get it and dominate games more than he has. that day will come when he has better defensive teammates. but AI is still fun to watch. no matter what ppl say, AI - with that body - always comes to play.

hopefully melo picks it up and gets that kg/ai intensity. dude i think he needs to lose weight. maybe its just looks, but he has such a big face!

i love it that pti mentioned us again! did you watch?

only 8 wins till we pass our win total from last season! ;)
inmate347 wrote:

Return to New Orleans Pelicans