Moderator: bwgood77

RobertGlory
Rookie
And1: 4

NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION #45: Warriors at Hornets 7:00 P.M. 1/30 

Post#1 » by RobertGlory » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:30 am

from

to

I think he'll hear it from our fans. He can expect 5x what J.R. Smith got last night.

We're 32-12, winners of 9 in a row, 1st in the Southwest, 1st in the West, 3.5 games behind Boston for the best record in the NBA.

They're 27-19 pending a game with Houston tonight, 3rd in the Pacific, 9th in the West, percentage points behind Portland and Denver for 7th

The game is on Image

The game is at Image
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#2 » by Copperhead » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:35 am

Before the Hurricane I had been saving up boos for Baron. Now, he isn't worth my boos. :lol: I'd rather save my voice for CP3 for MVP chants than booing Baron. But if they boo'd J.R. last night, Baron will certainly get his no doubt. :lol:
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#3 » by sarah42 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:15 am

he is so going to get booed. and we are so going to win.

the warriors need rebounders period. forget defense. we all know that. but can someone rebound on that team?
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
realwarriorfan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by realwarriorfan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:02 am

Not to alot participation. You guys have a good team. Where's the Fans??
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#5 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:12 am

They were smoking hot, I still have no doubt that we would clean them up in a 7 game series.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#6 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:23 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:They were smoking hot, I still have no doubt that we would clean them up in a 7 game series.

how can you be so sure?
doctaJ_92
Assistant Coach
And1: 171

Post#7 » by doctaJ_92 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:27 am

Hornets didnt take anything away from them this game on D, and Paul didnt do his usual slicing and dicing with the dribble in the 2nd half, that was the difference. You either gotta back off Baron a bit and make him take those stepbacks he likes or double quick and rotate quick. The Hornets used the soft double and there was always someone open at the 3 point line as a result, no pressure on any of the ballhandlers, terrible defence. Fun game to watch though.
Read on Twitter
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#8 » by cdubbz » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:23 am

sarah42 wrote:he is so going to get booed. and we are so going to win.

the warriors need rebounders period. forget defense. we all know that. but can someone rebound on that team?

:rofl:
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Mr. Fundamental
Sophomore

Post#9 » by Mr. Fundamental » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:44 am

Hornets got away from what won them all those games, they did not spread the floor their offense was very predictable, Scott played Paul too long leading to his loss of feel for the game, Paul was exploited on the defensive end which forced doubles which then opened the floor for the Warriors, But give credit where it is due the Warriors came in and they played their buts off shooting very well and finishing the job, my hat is off to them. But the Hornets just self destructed and looked very staggered. However i like the loss it brings them back to earth and puts things in perspective, and motivates them for their upcoming games.

Very entertaining game, just wish it went the other way
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach

Post#10 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:50 am

I dont watch a ton of Hornets game, nor do I follow them, but I watched tonights game. My question is this: Does Scott play Paul that many minutes everynight? If so, as a fan base does that worry you that he might wear him down too soon??
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#11 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:17 am

sarah42 wrote:he is so going to get booed. and we are so going to win.

Nice prediction but rebounding is part of the reason we're adding Webber.
Smirk
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#12 » by Smirk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:11 pm

xstockholmsyndromex wrote:I dont watch a ton of Hornets game, nor do I follow them, but I watched tonights game. My question is this: Does Scott play Paul that many minutes everynight? If so, as a fan base does that worry you that he might wear him down too soon??

Morris Peterson was out at the last minute with the flu and Bobby Jackson was still out with an injury.

So we were down our starting SG and our first backup G. Against a team that runs.

So no, CP doesn't play that many minutes, it was just unique circumstances.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#13 » by That Nicka » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:01 pm

Night Angel 1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Because we all know C-Webb is one of the best rebounders in the leauge.. Especially at 37... Oh noes!! The warriors just corrected their only flaw
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#14 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:28 pm

That Nicka wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Because we all know C-Webb is one of the best rebounders in the leauge.. Especially at 37... Oh noes!! The warriors just corrected their only flaw

He averaged 7 rebounds last year on a good rebounding Pistons team. 37? You're age number is way off, he's 34.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#15 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:52 pm

xstockholmsyndromex wrote:I dont watch a ton of Hornets game, nor do I follow them, but I watched tonights game. My question is this: Does Scott play Paul that many minutes everynight? If so, as a fan base does that worry you that he might wear him down too soon??

Well he's averaging about 37, which has gone up lately, so no, he doesn't play 46 minutes every night :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#16 » by That Nicka » Fri Feb 1, 2008 2:19 am

He averaged 7 rebounds last year on a good rebounding Pistons team. 37? You're age number is way off, he's 34.

Well he plays like hes 37.. or older...

"In one of the first conversations I had with Chris Webber, I said, 'This is one of the ways we're going to use you offensively [down low with Kyle Korver on the outside],' " O'Brien said. "And he said, 'Coach, I don't do the low-post thing anymore.'"
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#17 » by sarah42 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 12:30 am

so i was wrong. i still think the hornets are a better team and would definitley win in a 7 game series, but i can say that about any team the warriors face.

they're like the suns-lite. its not even fair. i don't know what david west was on cuz he sucked, trying to force it. tyson was off, and our lineup sucked without mopete. that meant pargo had to start----ugh...he's our best 6th man, jackson is out

and apparently mopete gave the flue to ely. so we literally had no bench.

i'll give the warriors credit, the second half our defense was better at getting into people's faces, but they shot like crazy anyways. there were times when people cut to the basket that i missed mo. they looked tired, and after a while were watching the ball instead of the players.

but seriously, good luck making the playoffs!

the booing helped byron. he had a great game. i think some were trying so hard to win, like our big guys so byron could coach.

the celtics helped bryon! oh and the reason why the hornets would beat you in a series - defense and rebounding - something webber doesn't do!

why the hell did he sign up with the warriors, they aren't even a playoff lock!? no way are they contenders. they are in the 8th spot today!

yeah, i don't think the piston were a great rebounding team last year. its not as if they had a prime ben wallace or anything. i feel so sorry for warrios fans. i loved webber growing up - buts he's done. you could tell during the playoffs. one round he was fine, against chicago he hardly played.

how can he play in the west against much faster teams? he's not going to help your defense.
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father

Return to New Orleans Pelicans