The Hornets are still a mystery

Moderator: bwgood77

king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

The Hornets are still a mystery 

Post#1 » by king_k4life » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:45 pm

I'm a Knicks fan and I don't know much about the Hornets I know your Tyson,Morris,Bobby, ect from other teams and Paul cause he's a beast.

2 things

Why are you the best in the west because I looked at the bench and allot of guys I never heard of.

And why doesn't your GM bring in more bench help ?
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#2 » by 2poor » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:02 pm

Stopped worrying about the bench because guys started getting healthy and that led to the production that many of us were hoping for at the start of the season;

NOLA.com wrote: Coach Byron Scott said before Monday night's 117-93 win against the Denver Nuggets at the New Orleans Arena that two factors have contributed to the recent blowouts: the starters' continuous and impressive production, and the bench's recent improvement.

The bench averaged 35 points on 51.8-percent shooting, including 53.4-percent 3-point shooting, during the first eight games of the streak. The reserves combined for 47 points on 22-of-39 shooting Monday.

"All of these games would have been close if our bench would have been playing the way they were a month ago," Scott said.

Bower has done a pretty freaking good job of assembling this team as it were, and I'm sure should the right deal to strengthen their bench comes along, he'd jump on it...but the last thing you want to do is mess with something that clearly isn't broken right now.
RobertGlory
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#3 » by RobertGlory » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:52 pm

why are we the best right now?????????

1. CP3 is at another level from the first two years. He has the quickest first step in the league and is picking and choosing his spots to drive to the goal. He's finding Peja more often. Speaking of which...

2. Peja is healthy and even though he might not be what he once was, he's still commanding respect and getting hot occasionally.

3. Tyson Chandler is adding points on dunks and garbage buckets in addition to his defense and rebounding.

4. The bench has performed during the winning streak. It started with Bobby Jackson going 9 for 9 against Miami, and since then Melvin Ely has stepped up, as well as Ryan Bowen and Jannero Pargo.

5. The Hornets' home record has come to match their gaudy road record. Their 9 game streak has been 7 home and 2 away.

6. David West has been consistent and efficient, like he's been for the past three years. He's gone from 17-7 to 19-9 over the past three years, busting out for 19 twenty point games and 4 thirty point games this year

7. Byron Scott has been smart enough to stay out of the way but smart enough to motivate. Lately, he's been preaching the importance of "killing teams in the 3rd" from his experience as a Laker on some of the greatest teams ever to play the game, and the Hornets have been doing just that, 7 wins in a row by over 14 points, one shy of the NBA record.
RobertGlory
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#4 » by RobertGlory » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:53 pm

why are we the best right now?????????

1. CP3 is at another level from the first two years. He has the quickest first step in the league and is picking and choosing his spots to drive to the goal. He's finding Peja more often. Speaking of which...

2. Peja is healthy and even though he might not be what he once was, he's still commanding respect and getting hot occasionally.

3. Tyson Chandler is adding points on dunks and garbage buckets in addition to his defense and rebounding.

4. The bench has performed during the winning streak. It started with Bobby Jackson going 9 for 9 against Miami, and since then Melvin Ely has stepped up, as well as Ryan Bowen and Jannero Pargo.

5. The Hornets' home record has come to match their gaudy road record. Their 9 game streak has been 7 home and 2 away.

6. David West has been consistent and efficient, like he's been for the past three years. He's gone from 17-7 to 19-9 over the past three years, busting out for 19 twenty point games and 4 thirty point games this year

7. Byron Scott has been smart enough to stay out of the way but smart enough to motivate. Lately, he's been preaching the importance of "killing teams in the 3rd" from his experience as a Laker on some of the greatest teams ever to play the game, and the Hornets have been doing just that, 7 wins in a row by over 14 points, one shy of the NBA record.
vtime
Rookie
And1: 247

Post#5 » by vtime » Sun Feb 3, 2008 12:11 am

Still probably need one backup big that can make shots. Webber would've been perfect. Brandon Bass maybe should've been held on to too. Who do the Hornets have stashed in the D-League?

Return to New Orleans Pelicans