Moderator: bwgood77

JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

How come this place is so dead? 

Post#1 » by JStockLivesOn » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:44 am

Hey...

Not at all looking to start **** here, and it's not a dig at the Hornets. I was just surprised to see so little traffic here when New Orleans is having a strong year and will in all likelihood be the #2 seed. Is it a market thing, happenstance, another site getting more NO fan traffic...?
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#2 » by 2poor » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:38 pm

most avid Hornets posters stick to the locally-run Hornets boards because, believe it or not, sites like these attract a lot of obnoxious folks.

your old pal de2nd got banned the other day on one of them for trying to troll in fact. :lol:

I think next year things might pick up more, but for now there are a lot of other factors in play. There is still a fairly strong OKC following, many of whom are still delusional and think that the Hornets are going to parade back to OKC any day now.

NOLA fans hate OKC fans.
OKC fans hate everyone.
Hornets fans hate OKC fans for hating NOLA fans.

NOLA has always been a football town, and the Saints owner is a :censored: who thinks the Saints are the only pro team that should be in NOLA, so there has been some dissension from Saints fans...but more and more they've begun to jump on the wagon.

One big dysfunctional fanbase we got up in hurr. But there are good outlets to talk Hornets.

RealGM just isn't it...for now.
Sual
Ballboy

Post#3 » by Sual » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:26 pm

The above post just about summed it up.
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#4 » by sarah42 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:58 pm

hornetsreport.com. that question is asked a lot.

thats it.

the dallas mavs board doesn't get much traffic, but if you google "dallas mavericks forums" you'll find many of them and one site in particular that gets a lot of traffic, but you have to sign up.

cavs are another team without big traffic on real gm, but i'm sure they have other boards as well.

the raptors board puts everyone else to shame.

btw, the utah board seemed to have a lot more traffic last year.
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by JStockLivesOn » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:35 am

sarah42 wrote:btw, the utah board seemed to have a lot more traffic last year.

Thanks for the explanation, all.

I didn't realize there was a rivalry between OKC and NO fans. If the Sonics move to OKC, will that fade away or do you think the locals there will stick with the Hornets?

And sarah, you're right. The Utah board is not nearly as hopping as it was last year. I myself didn't post during most of the regular season just because of RL business. Plus, two or three or so of our most prolific posters have either been banned or don't come on as much anymore.
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#6 » by 2poor » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:14 am

I think the OKC fans will continue to be obnoxious towards the Hornets until CP gets his max extension. The other delusion is that Chris was so enamored with the community that he'd want to come back.

:roll:
KennerLeaguer
Junior
And1: 32

Post#7 » by KennerLeaguer » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:07 am

Because there's not enough fan support in New Orleans. Half the city has been scattered and 97% of the populace of the state of Louisana only care about LSU football and the Saints. I applaud David Stern for trying to help out the with the recovery of New Orleans but seriously this is the team that should be sent to Oklahoma.
RobertGlory
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#8 » by RobertGlory » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:54 am

^^^^ [green font]????
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#9 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:29 am

^^ I was gonna say that he speaks on things he doesn't know, but it seems he's from our area.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#10 » by sarah42 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:22 pm

KennerLeaguer wrote:Because there's not enough fan support in New Orleans. Half the city has been scattered and 97% of the populace of the state of Louisana only care about LSU football and the Saints. I applaud David Stern for trying to help out the with the recovery of New Orleans but seriously this is the team that should be sent to Oklahoma.

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wow. that made my day. the hornets should be sent to OKC?

well sure why not? chris paul obviously was a dictator in another life, and OKC is his punishment in this life.

oh wait, you are high on drugs. that explains your ludicrous comments. stop hanging out with rasheed wallace and say no to drugs!

btw buddy, the hornets met their attendance requirements last night with a sellout against the friggen clippers. not the other LA team, but the M.A.S.H crew that call themselves The Clippers. not many cities will sellout games if the clippers stop by.

i think that is the 12th sellout in 17 home games this year.
this team isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

and hopefully neither does the seattle supersonics - a city with a great basketball tradition of over 40 years. and hopefully OKC doesn't get an expansion team either. yeah i said it! no one needs a watered down league.

it'll be very interesting if the sonics move to OKC - those former hornets fans will be in for a rude awakening. the sonics suck so badly its funny. and they will still play in the tough western conference. good luck rooting for a bottom dweller as opposed to a playoff contending team the hornets have been the two seasons they played in OKC.
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
tanat-0s
Banned User

Post#11 » by tanat-0s » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:56 am

Wow, where is play-off game thread?
From Ray-Ray to KG to 2P
We're in The Finals, bay-bee!
2poor
RealGM

Post#12 » by 2poor » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:54 pm

tanat-0s wrote:Wow, where is play-off game thread?

There are these things called "stickies." They're usually located at the TOP of forums so as to catch the attention of visitors. Unfortunately, this seemingly flawless technique is lost on you.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=781580
tanat-0s
Banned User

Post#13 » by tanat-0s » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:55 am

2poor wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

There are these things called "stickies." They're usually located at the TOP of forums so as to catch the attention of visitors. Unfortunately, this seemingly flawless technique is lost on you.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=781580

Errrr... You know that on other RealGM boards there are threads for every play-off game plus general thread for a series, right?
2poor
RealGM

Post#14 » by 2poor » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:47 pm

:reporter: Thanks Ray Charles.

:gossip:

ALERT THE MODS

HORNETS BOARD ISN'T FOLLOWING SUIT

BAN EVERYONE.
tanat-0s
Banned User

Post#15 » by tanat-0s » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:07 am

2poor wrote::reporter: Thanks Ray Charles.

:gossip:

ALERT THE MODS

HORNETS BOARD ISN'T FOLLOWING SUIT

BAN EVERYONE.

It's not about that. It's just a little strange, that NO fans in this board, with all this Cris Paul love-fest going on, can't even manage some play-off thread action. I mean even Atlanta fans have this every-playoff-game-deserves-it's-own-thread thing going on.
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#16 » by TAI8 » Thu May 1, 2008 7:33 am

I was feeling the same way.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#17 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu May 1, 2008 12:49 pm

zomg great shot

happy now?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
D-Weaver
Analyst
Location: Possibly the only simultaneous Warriors-Spurs fan on the planet...

Post#18 » by D-Weaver » Fri May 2, 2008 2:50 am

Hey guys, Spurs fan here.

I though the Spurs board was slow, but this one might just edge us out,hehe...

Anyway, here's to an entertaining series!
Trueblood
Sophomore

Post#19 » by Trueblood » Fri May 2, 2008 3:26 am

Go Hornets!!!!
2poor
RealGM

Post#20 » by 2poor » Fri May 2, 2008 3:31 am

At least we won't have to worry about incessant trolling from opposing team fans. :lol:

Return to New Orleans Pelicans