First Round: Hornets defeat Mavericks (4-1)

Moderator: bwgood77

ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,986

Post#41 » by ITGM » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:59 am

CHRIS PAUL = MVP

I pray the Knicks could get half a talent in this years draft. We need a player like Paul to help turn our franchise around. Chris Paul is Amazing!!!
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#42 » by Duiz » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:07 am

That was good.
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#43 » by JStockLivesOn » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:11 am

I thought the West thing with Dirk was total Punk Bitch behavior, but besides that, NO was amazing in Game 1. Great game by Paul, and impressive that it turned into a route after how good Dallas looked in the first half.
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
pink_freezie
Rookie

Post#44 » by pink_freezie » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:31 am

its exam time for me so i couldn't watch the game but i checked the score at the beginning of the 4th and they were down like 12-14 points and i just knew they could do it, and they did! sooo pleased!

this team is just so exciting! go hornets!
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#45 » by 2poor » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:49 pm

JStockLivesOn wrote:I thought the West thing with Dirk was total Punk Bitch behavior, but besides that, NO was amazing in Game 1.

:violin:

Jazz fans are so predictable. I bet you're glad you have someone to hate on since I'm sure all of your hopes were crushed when Paul came out and had a monster game.

ESPN.com wrote:Nowitzki and West were assessed double technicals after exchanging words, nose-to-nose, with West holding his hand up to the edge of Nowitzki's cheek. Afterward, both players downplayed the brief standoff as typical playoff intensity.
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#46 » by 2poor » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:56 pm

NBA.com highlights from Game 1:

Hornets 102, Mavericks 92

and CP3-only highlights:

CP3 stellar in playoff debut
2poor
RealGM

Post#47 » by 2poor » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:31 pm

John Hollinger wrote:Well, the soothsayers were partly right. The upstart New Orleans Hornets did show jitters in their playoff opener against the more experienced Dallas Mavericks on Saturday, and as a result, Dallas moved out to a double-digit lead.

But then the second half started. And faster than you can say "MVP," a 12-point deficit turned into a 12-point edge for the home team in New Orleans' 104-92 victory in Game 1 of their best-of-seven series.

Leading the way was Chris Paul, who is likely to finish no worse than second in the MVP voting. He'd be a unanimous choice if voting were based on this game, as he finished with 35 points, 10 assists and four steals in his playoff debut while shooting a scintillating 15-of-23 from the floor.
John Hollinger wrote:A better stat to show Paul's dominance may be this one: Paul 38, Mavs 34. That was the score for the first 23:02 of the second half. From halftime until he checked out to a rousing ovation with 58 seconds left, Paul had 24 points and seven assists, accounting for 38 New Orleans points. Up to that point in the half, the entire Dallas team had scored only 34.
:o

Hollinger: Paul finds his groove in winning playoff debut
The Answer!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,006

Post#48 » by The Answer! » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:58 pm

The team that draws first blood wins 78% of the series. Go Hornets! :clap:
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#49 » by luciano-davidwesley » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:03 am

As a bad jumpshooter once said, We Dem Hornets!
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#50 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:21 am

2poor wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Nah, Jstockliveson is a cool fella, he was one of the better posters during the playoffs last year on the GB, which was hell on a message board.

He's not a hater.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by JStockLivesOn » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:04 am

2poor wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Classic 2poor.

I come in and compliment Paul and the team on the game, but for pointing out the obvious -- that West acted like a punk -- apparently I'm just "hating." You are the most defensive person I've ever encountered.

To NO-KG and the rest of you, good luck in Game 2.
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
2poor
RealGM

Post#52 » by 2poor » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:44 pm

I stand by my opinion which has plenty of foundation, but I don't care to dissect the motives of others. But I will say that in my experience, if you didn't have something negative to say you wouldn't have posted at all. You just threw in the nice "compliment" so that you dare not be seen as trolling.

I'm not sure who the naive one is here. If its me, my apologies. Not like the actions of Jazz fans on this site don't justify a certain "defensive" behavior.

Geaux Hornets!

edit: LOL, that Sloanfield got suspended after just one win? He'll be gone by the end of the playoffs.
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#53 » by carrottop12 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:27 am

Good luck Hornets, you guys have had a terrific season and are a fun team to watch with Paul at the wheel. The guy is a true superstar and I am excited to watch his career as it pans out, he's definitely good for the league and the City of New Orleans.

Go throw another one in Cubans face!

JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by JStockLivesOn » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:18 am

I would hope you knew by now that when I talk trash, I'm incredibly direct about it (i.e. the "Happy Trails Denver Nuggets" thread that led you to despise me). I simply dropped in to offer congratulations on a great performance and my disappointment that West -- a guy I'd always figured was an okay fellow -- lowered himself to the behavior he did.

Good luck in Game 2.
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#55 » by Duiz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:13 am

As much as we would love Chris Paul to fall on first playoff series, I am really hoping you guyses get over the Mavs. It can mean a lot to Byron Scott, and a lot of your other players deserve a whole lot more recognition such as David West, Julian Wright, and even more love for Chandler. The tough part will be getting Stephen A Smith off CP3's zipper.

Good luck Nawlings. I am rooting for ya.
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by JStockLivesOn » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:15 am

Duiz wrote:As much as we would love Chris Paul to fall on first playoff series, I am really hoping you guyses get over the Mavs. It can mean a lot to Byron Scott, and a lot of your other players deserve a whole lot more recognition such as David West, Julian Wright, and even more love for Chandler. The tough part will be getting Stephen A Smith off CP3's zipper.

Good luck Nawlings. I am rooting for ya.

Chandler is definitely underrated. He's limited at the offensive end, but he knows his role and is a beast on the boards.. Plus, he has very good recognition on when the lob is available for him.
2poor
RealGM

Post#57 » by 2poor » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:44 pm

:beer:
2poor
RealGM

Post#58 » by 2poor » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:15 am

hell of a first half.

:lift:
pink_freezie
Rookie

Post#59 » by pink_freezie » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:33 am

HELLS YES! :D
2poor
RealGM

Post#60 » by 2poor » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:34 am

some great shots from a great win :D

how to defend CP3:

GEAUX HORNETS!

:clap:

Return to New Orleans Pelicans