OT: Question about OKC

Moderator: bwgood77

choj5
Ballboy
And1: 0

OT: Question about OKC 

Post#1 » by choj5 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:09 am

hi, i'm an international fan of the Hornets here. Been reading much about the Sonics/OKC issue, and somethings just came across my mind, hoping that some US fans can help me with it.

I actually follow a little of MLB and NFL as well, and am surprised how come OKC does not have any professional major league teams. Searched this up on wikipedia as well. It has nil major league sports team (OKC hornets seemed to be the first that time)

is this down to marketability and size? it seems weird to me, spanning across the 4 major league sports (NFL,NBA,NHL and MLB) how a state fails to have a single major league team, when some cities by themselves can have up to 3 major league teams on their own.

Thanks for any response in advance!
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#2 » by 2poor » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:37 pm

OKC is very much a small-market and otherwise wouldn't be even considered to host an NBA team; if Katrina hadn't allowed them to be manipulative, ass-kissing pansies that is.

All they got is a bunch of rich white folks acting like crooks.

[/rant]
Smirk
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#3 » by Smirk » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:48 pm

OKC isn't a major league city.

They got very, very lucky to host the Hornets for 2 years. They were NEVER, ever the "OKC Hornets".

They lied, cheated and stole their way to an NBA franchise. And when the Sonics suck for a few years and the novelty wears off, that market is going to fail, miserably and they are going to be back to rodeos and tractor pulls.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans