dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

LA times: Kobe is mvp winner 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Sat May 3, 2008 2:21 am

passing along the info.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kob ... 8282.story

Sources familiar with the outcome who were not authorized to speak publicly about the award until the official announcement from the league said Commissioner David Stern will be in Los Angeles next week to present the trophy to Bryant.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
slanno_23
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#2 » by slanno_23 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:28 am

cp3 was robbed
babythug23
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#3 » by babythug23 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:56 am

I was hoping CP3 was going to get it. I Belive he SHOULD have got it.
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#4 » by 2poor » Sat May 3, 2008 4:05 am

No surprise, no big deal. CP will get his.
davriver209
Ballboy

Post#5 » by davriver209 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:05 am

slanno_23 wrote:cp3 was robbed

not to be a hater or anything, but Kobe carried this injury plagued Lakers team into first place and sweep in the first round.

CP3 was just unbeliveable, but he came in 2nd and the team was healthy the whole season.
With the best scorer in the NBA by our side, anything can happen.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#6 » by Copperhead » Sat May 3, 2008 4:26 am

Pretty much expected. It's been pretty much decided since mid season when people started talking about Kobe's career and how Kobe 'hadn't won it yet'. It's probably a good thing CP didn't get it because even more whiners and haters would've come out of the woodwork. Congratulations Kobe.
xxjunkyxx
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#7 » by xxjunkyxx » Sat May 3, 2008 4:43 am

Laker fan here. No i dont believe cp3 got robbed. Yeah he is unbelievably skilled and i respect him; he will eventually get his MVP award no doubt. It was expected just for Kobe this year man sorry. Carrying his team 1st in the western conference and a sweep against the Denver Nuggets so far with a pinky injury from his shooting hand...Wow, just wow and of course he couldnt have done it alone without the surprising trade for gasol and the tremendous improvement of bynum.

All i gotta say that it's about time man! 12 years til this day... :clap: :nod: :clap:
UThinkUrSoGood
Sophomore

Post#8 » by UThinkUrSoGood » Sat May 3, 2008 5:49 am

Laker fan here, not trying to be a homer, but I don't believe Kobe got the MVP on his career this year.
As many have said The fact that Lakers have ended with top seed with an injury plague team was the deciding factor.
Bynum has missed more than half the season, and Gasol has played in less than 30 games.
On the other hand, CP3 has had a healthy squad for majority of the season, not to take away from his game. If Hornets managed the #1 seed no doubt in my mind would Chris Paul deserve it. He is without a doubt the best point guard in the league. I see him winning at least 1 MVP before his career is done.
UThinkUrSoGood
Sophomore

Post#9 » by UThinkUrSoGood » Sat May 3, 2008 5:50 am

Laker fan here, not trying to be a homer, but I don't believe Kobe got the MVP on his career this year. And I don't believe Chris Paul was actually robbed. Kobe deserved it as much as Chris Paul did and here's why :

As many have said The fact that Lakers have ended with top seed with an injury plague team was the deciding factor.
Bynum has missed more than half the season, and Gasol has played in less than 30 games.
On the other hand, CP3 has had a healthy squad for majority of the season, not to take away from his game. If Hornets managed the #1 seed no doubt in my mind would Chris Paul deserve it. He is without a doubt the best point guard in the league. I see him winning at least 1 MVP before his career is done.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#10 » by Copperhead » Sat May 3, 2008 6:16 am

Ok. Why do Laker fans feel the need to come in here to explain anything? I don't think the person that said CP was robbed is even a Hornets fan. No Hornet/CP fan is whining about him not getting it. At least not in this forum that I can see. No need to explain anything about injuries or anything else. Kobe won.
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Post#11 » by tkb » Sat May 3, 2008 8:47 am

Much props to Paul for an amazing season. One of my favorite players in the league right now.

It's unfortunate he couldn't win this season, but I do think he will get at least one of these in the future.

Congrats on advancing in the playoffs too. Hopefully we'll meet in the WCF.
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#12 » by 2poor » Sat May 3, 2008 4:14 pm

Copperhead wrote:Ok. Why do Laker fans feel the need to come in here to explain anything? I don't think the person that said CP was robbed is even a Hornets fan. No Hornet/CP fan is whining about him not getting it. At least not in this forum that I can see. No need to explain anything about injuries or anything else. Kobe won.

I was thinking the same thing. This thread wouldn't even be here had a Laker fan not made it.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by dockingsched » Sat May 3, 2008 5:25 pm

2poor wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I was thinking the same thing. This thread wouldn't even be here had a Laker fan not made it.

you don't think this thread is relevant to the hornets? it was either going to be chris paul or kobe. the only reason a lakers fan created it is because this board is really slow. i mean, breaking news on the mvp award doesn't even get a response on here for more than an hour after posting.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
2poor
RealGM

Post#14 » by 2poor » Sat May 3, 2008 5:39 pm

No, I don't. As you can see, we exercise a certain amount of discretion on this board when creating threads.

We can discuss the MVP on the GB like we've been doing all along. Or I suppose we could go over to the Jazz board and talk about it in the Kobe thread some other Laker troll made.

Nobody cares. Hornets fans care about 10PM EST tonight.

edit: haha, one on the Spurs board too? did you hit all the EC playoff teams' boards too? How about the more active Hornets boards, did you need links so that you could "pass along the info" there as well?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by dockingsched » Sat May 3, 2008 6:30 pm

lol, if you don't think information about the mvp winner is relevant for chris paul's home board then u are crazy and just arguing to argue. i only passed along the info here not san antonio or whatever else u mentioned.

u call it discretion, i'll call it a slow board.
2poor
RealGM

Post#16 » by 2poor » Sat May 3, 2008 6:30 pm

You'll have more fun bickering on the GB as you are, trust me. Kobe haters are more up in arms than Hornets fans are. We knew the writing was on the wall.
rhp1990
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#17 » by rhp1990 » Sat May 3, 2008 7:15 pm

i know your sad 2poor it's okay to express your emotions
chrice
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by chrice » Sun May 4, 2008 3:43 am

No kidding, it was also a Laker fan that spammed every single team bored yesterday about the MVP going to Kobe. Kobe must love realgm, he has the biggest homer followers here.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

1st Team Award predictions, not annouced yet 

Post#19 » by Cookin Baskets » Sun May 4, 2008 5:52 am

Yea Kobe deserved it this year, CP3 might get a few before he is done with his career he is still pretty young.

Anyways the 1st team would be this year:

Chris Paul-PG
Kobe Byrant-SG (MVP)
Lebron James-SF
Kevin Garnett-PF
Dwight Howard-C

That is probaly the best starting 5 it can get for a 1st team.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
Don_eMOCION#31
Rookie

Post#20 » by Don_eMOCION#31 » Sun May 4, 2008 10:45 am

i sh*t on kobe robbing this trophy! this sucks BIG time man! CP3=MVP-08
German Denver Nuggets Blog! http://basketball-blogs.de/nuggets/

Return to New Orleans Pelicans