David West or Chris Bosh

Moderator: bwgood77

Gruel
Senior
And1: 0

David West or Chris Bosh 

Post#1 » by Gruel » Sun May 4, 2008 11:25 pm

Who would you rather start your franchise with?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#2 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon May 5, 2008 3:16 am

I would trade West for Bosh right now, no questions asked, and laugh at the Raps forever.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Khan
Senior
And1: 11

Post#3 » by Khan » Mon May 5, 2008 3:30 am

I probably will prefer Bosh. He is 4 years younger, and he has shown more promises if we compare West 4 years ago and Bosh right now. Also, without Chris Paul, West may not be as good as he is, but at this moment, Bosh has not played with anyone at Paul's level. Maybe his game will step up further than how good he is playing right now.

In the Raptors board, there is the same thread... but it is probably very biased.
thegame10
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#4 » by thegame10 » Thu May 8, 2008 2:27 am

Chris bosh by a landslide...4 years younger leads a team..David west without chris paul,bodyguard tyson would be garbage. Give chris bosh a big man like tyson and a pg like chris paul and its over.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu May 8, 2008 8:49 am

thegame10 wrote:Chris bosh by a landslide...4 years younger leads a team..David west without chris paul,bodyguard tyson would be garbage. Give chris bosh a big man like tyson and a pg like chris paul and its over.

This post is garbage.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#6 » by 2poor » Thu May 8, 2008 1:40 pm

Indeed. I thought the raging Raptors homers had climbed back into their cave for the offseason.
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#7 » by 2poor » Thu May 8, 2008 4:36 pm

Since this thread figures to bomb, here's a pretty neat story about how David West almost "quit" basketball as a high-schooler.

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.s ... xml&coll=1
thegame10
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by thegame10 » Fri May 9, 2008 6:06 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This post is garbage.

garbage, its the truth. David west went from 6.3 to 17 ppg with chris paul. Your tell me he's cable of being a 17 ppg guy without chris paul. Add in tyson and peja along with paul david west excells. Defence are more worried bout chris paul and peja before they think about west.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri May 9, 2008 10:21 am

thegame10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

garbage, its the truth. David west went from 6.3 to 17 ppg with chris paul. Your tell me he's cable of being a 17 ppg guy without chris paul. Add in tyson and peja along with paul david west excells. Defence are more worried bout chris paul and peja before they think about west.

David West has done plenty while Chris was injured. You don't know what you are talking about, it's best to just shut up while you can still save face.
2poor
RealGM

Post#10 » by 2poor » Fri May 9, 2008 9:39 pm

:rofl:

You've met your match, NO-KG-AI.
thegame10
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by thegame10 » Fri May 9, 2008 9:39 pm

David West has done plenty while Chris was injured. You don't know what you are talking about, it's best to just shut up while you can still save face.

what u mean injured this season where chris paul missed 2 games. I don't think 2 games proves what CP does for west. If you want to bring up last year where west played 54 gms,paul 64,peja 13. You are ignorant if you ignore the fact that chris bosh is better than david west. You want to talk stats bosh has been better every year compared to west. You can seriously tell me west without paul,peja,tyson, can carry the hornets to a .500 record.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat May 10, 2008 3:50 pm

what u mean injured this season where chris paul missed 2 games. I don't think 2 games proves what CP does for west. If you want to bring up last year where west played 54 gms,paul 64,peja 13. You are ignorant if you ignore the fact that chris bosh is better than david west. You want to talk stats bosh has been better every year compared to west. You can seriously tell me west without paul,peja,tyson, can carry the hornets to a .500 record.

NO-KG-AI wrote:I would trade West for Bosh right now, no questions asked, and laugh at the Raps forever.
thegame10
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by thegame10 » Sun May 11, 2008 1:18 am

don't call the post garbage if it speaks the truth.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun May 11, 2008 2:40 am

don't call the post garbage if it speaks the truth.

It doesn't.

Chris Paul didn't turn David West into a sick shooter, he didn't give him the strength in the post, and he didn't teach him how to take guys off the dribble to set up his low post game.

Please go back to your board.
thegame10
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by thegame10 » Sun May 11, 2008 3:44 am

No but chris paul did give him the opportunity to get open shots. Tyson,Peja and Chris paul give david west the opportunity to excel in a system. Come on put glen davis with these guys and he'll seem like god. David west can be a **** box but playing with the best pg,a deadly shooter in peja which pressure defence in guarding the outside, and a realy good big in tyson who can play defence and grab rebounds and score garbage points. Combine all that and any big man will excel.
Boshterovic
Ballboy

Post#16 » by Boshterovic » Sun May 11, 2008 4:22 am

"Boshterovic"?
I would take bosh?

VINCE CARTER IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE!
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun May 11, 2008 5:01 am

thegame10 wrote:No but chris paul did give him the opportunity to get open shots. Tyson,Peja and Chris paul give david west the opportunity to excel in a system. Come on put glen davis with these guys and he'll seem like god. David west can be a **** box but playing with the best pg,a deadly shooter in peja which pressure defence in guarding the outside, and a realy good big in tyson who can play defence and grab rebounds and score garbage points. Combine all that and any big man will excel.

You have NEVER seen David play without Chris. Ever.
thegame10
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by thegame10 » Mon May 12, 2008 12:13 am

WTF u talkin bout last season david west was not on chris bosh's level and all of a sudden a heathly chris paul carries his ass and now he's on bosh's level. Come on west is playin with a mvp and 2 other great players. Raptors fan know it replace bosh with west and we'll be ****. This season west had his best season as a pro and chris paul almost won the mvp. u can't tell me west will be special without paul. I've seen west played many times and 90% of the time no team gives a **** bout west cause u pick your posion paul or peja. Talk bout west when teams double team him everytime he gets the ball.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon May 12, 2008 1:49 am

I never said he was as good as Bosh one time. And as I speak, the Spurs are doubling him.

West gets way more defensive attention than Peja, you are making yourself look like a moron, just go back to your board and enjoy the off-season, and your delusions of grandeur.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon May 12, 2008 2:07 am

tsherkin wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:Bosh is better, but there seems to be some big myth floating around that David West is undersized. Chris Bosh isn't a legit 7', lets take a look at the size.

He's a half-inch off, that's close enough... though to be fair, his height is largely meaningless since he plays like a combo forward.

Ultimately, this is a tough question.

West has a nice mid-range J, a superior post game (and the physical wherewithal to use it), he's a comparable rebounder, a better defender because of his stockier frame and superior strength...

Bosh draws fouls way more effectively... and that's about it. His role in our offense is a bunch of face-up isos and some long jumpers.

He's a higher-volume scorer but he's asked to be, so it's a moot point.

Defensively, I can't really judge it because West is manageable, not especially noteworthy and Bosh defends out of position because we're a donut team, so his defensive work is hard to evaluate.

I'd tend to prefer West, I suppose. Bosh is theoretically better because of his putative advantage as a scorer but West has made the argument very foggy and unclear. West's postseason play has been a point in his favor, too, something he has over Bosh (though of course there is something to be said for relative team caliber when making that point).

Really tough call.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans