Tough upcoming 4 game road trip

Moderator: bwgood77

Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Tough upcoming 4 game road trip 

Post#1 » by Copperhead » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:49 pm

Portland, Denver, Lakers, Utah. Returning home 2-2 would be a successful trip but I don't see it happening. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hornets lost all of these games. It would suck but it wouldn't be all that surprising. I'll be out of town for about a week after New Years and I hope some of the people I'll be visiting has League Pass or something. Or better yet, maybe I should hope they DON'T. Happy New Year! GEAUX HORNETS!
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Re: Tough upcoming 4 game road trip 

Post#2 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:46 pm

I think we can go 3-1 realisiticly, we're still 3rd in the West and were 2nd or 3rd best road team last year, so I think we can get it done, it won't be pretty though, lol..

Portland CAN be beaten at home, CP3 CAN explode for a big night against Deron (though Utah fans will all say its "because of his sprained ankle he got 3 months ago" hehehe) and you never know, Peja CAN drop 10 3's on LA again.

Believe it baby!!
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#3 » by EGame » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:21 am

Hey Hornet fans, I know it is a little early before the game between Portland/New Orleans, but I thought I would come in here and wish you guys good luck anyway. As you may know Roy may not play in that game, so you may have an advantage, but we won't know until the actual game is being played. You guys are a really good team and Chris Paul is amazing (as if you did not already know that before, but I felt it had to be said again). :D Here's to hoping for a good, health free game! Good luck in this game and for the rest of the season, if my Blazers are unable to make the playoffs/ they do, but lose in the first round (which I kind of expect them too, but will always cheer for them no matter what), I will definitley be cheering for your team. I love the talent you guys have.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#4 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Jan 3, 2009 5:25 am

Ugly win, Portland kinda fell flat and we started to hit some tough shots.

REALLY happy to see Hilton play so well, and David West just said it best, his only adversary is his own confidence, and when he plays confident, he's a fine player.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
EGame
Head Coach

Post#5 » by EGame » Sat Jan 3, 2009 6:43 am

Solid win fellows. Hornets just wanted it more and played really well in the fourth. You guys did well on defense making us take terrible jumpers. I am tired of how the refs are treating Oden, two of the fouls seemed very ticky tacky, not saying that the result of the game would have changed if he had a chance or taking anything away from you guys, but I just am expressing frusteration and at the same time wanting to know for those of you who saw the game, did all the calls seem legit to you? The refs won't give him a break and it has become far annoying at least to me.

Good job again, hard earned win.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Jan 3, 2009 7:04 pm

It seems like when Oden gets 4-5 fouls it's the same pattern. 1 questionable call, 1 where you say "WTF Greg, what are you doing?", one where he is aggressively blocking a shot, and 1 where you say "WTF ARE YOU THINKING REF."

He needs to start bitching to and about the referees.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
EGame
Head Coach

Post#7 » by EGame » Sat Jan 3, 2009 11:20 pm

I agree with that pattern. Part of the problem on how he picks up quick, easy fouls is our guards (Blake and Sergio) are just terrible on defense. Everytime a screen comes, instead of fighting through it they just pick up the guy who set the screen and that leaves usually an easy drive to the basket for the oppsoing teams guard (in this case Chris Paul). Oden has to foul to prevent the easy two at times or as the guard starts his drive usually Oden picks up the foul. Still there are usually those two phantom calls that always happen, all Oden has to do is breathe and the foul is called.

As I said I am not taking anything away from the Hornets with this little rant, the Hornets did a stellar job and are of course, one of the best teams. It is just frusterating to see Oden progress in some games and then that progress just stops thanks to foul calls. People look at his like 8 ppg I think he has and consider him a bust. I think he could have more if he stayed on the court and got to play as many minutes as he did against the Celtics or Raptors (our last two games before playing you guys). And while you cannot ignore the fact he does get in foul trouble and it is an issue, when he is not in foul trouble he usually has a pretty big impact on the game.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jan 5, 2009 3:41 am

Oden is obviously producing very well in his minutes he does play, no one can deny that, he's passing really well, he's dominating inside, and he's scoring at an efficient clip and getting to the FT line a lot, but he's fouling a lot because he's so big, strong and aggressive, but he's getting called for some BS fouls too, and it's really frustrating, and it's hurting his game because he's hesitant because he knows they will blow the whistle any time.

He's making rookie mistakes, rushing shots, travels, silly fouls etc, but his per minute pace adjusted stats are great, here's his pace adjusted stats compared to Dwight Howard as a rook:

Per 36 minutes:

Greg Oden:

14.67 Points
13.5 rebounds (5 offensive boards)
1.28 assists
2.8 turnovers
2.3 blocks
6.2 FT attempts
53% FG%
57.5% TS%
64.8% FT%
Offensive rating 111
Defensive rating 106

Dwight Howard:

13.9 points
11.7 rebounds(4.1 offensive)
1.05 assists
2.3 turnovers
1.9 blocks
5.9 FT attempts
52% FG%
67.1 FT%
57.1% TS%
Offensive rating 111
Defensive rating 104

Of course pace adjusted stats aren't perfect, but it is interesting none the less. thing is, Oden is at 7.1 Fouls per 36 when pace adjusted!!!(!!!) Some(a lot really) are BS, but he has to work on that too.
LakersSquad
Analyst
And1: 132

Post#9 » by LakersSquad » Tue Jan 6, 2009 10:20 pm

I'm not feeling that per 36 mins ****. Because who's to say they can keep that pace up for 36 mins? No way is Oden anywhere near Howards level. I doubt Oden can play 36 mins without fouling out.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jan 7, 2009 5:15 am

At Dwight Howards level now? Of course not. At Howard's level of a rookie? Yup.
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#11 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Wed Jan 7, 2009 6:17 am

To get it back on track here mod ;p

3 games into the road trip and we're 2-1, Utah tomorrow, CANNOT wait, CP3 sent a message to Deron tonight with 32pts, 15asts, 3stls 0turnovers. David West had his biggest game of the year against the best team in the West (league even?) and we're a San Antonio loss away from being on top the Northwest division.

Lots to like about this road trip, losing to Denver seemed harsh, but hey, they're on a roll and obviously ALOT better without Iverson.
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#12 » by Lava Rock Kid » Thu Jan 8, 2009 4:21 pm

Lose to Utah, You guys were tired, it happens. Paul looked pretty good, Dwill was sicker than a dog. Better luck next time.

Besides you could not win with after the gay game thread that was made in the Utah board.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans