Jeter SS R
Abreu RF L
Rodriguez 3B R
Giambi DH L
Sexson 1B R
Matsui LF L
Posada C S
Cano 2B L

only spot where lefties are back to back is Cano to Damon. Where's your out in that lineup?

tell me what you think...
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#2 » by DLeagueAllStars » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:36 pm

last night it was Matsui
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#3 » by Basketball Jesus » Tue Apr 3, 2007 5:10 pm

Logical Mariners GM: If you assume the full contract of Sexson, make the other prospect Cody Ehlers, plus send some cash our way, it
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#4 » by kg2005 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 6:07 pm

Doug Mientkiewicz has a glove made of gold.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,021

Post#5 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:07 pm

kg2005 wrote:Doug Mientkiewicz has a glove made of gold.

And a bat made out of paper mache. :nod:
ab5fan
Senior

Post#6 » by ab5fan » Wed Apr 4, 2007 5:46 pm

I doubt the Big Sexy going anywhere after how good he's doing right now.
SIG made by: TyCobb

Pete Rose was robbed again!!!
Rose= greatest player
Bow2Yao11
Veteran

Post#7 » by Bow2Yao11 » Sat Apr 7, 2007 11:56 pm

ab5fan wrote:I doubt the Big Sexy going anywhere after how good he's doing right now.

With Bavasi as GM, anything can happen. :lol:
John Wall>>>>>>>>>Ricky Rubio
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#8 » by SARGO127 » Mon Apr 9, 2007 2:52 pm

No way from NY.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by Ex-hippie » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:37 pm

theknicks414 wrote:Richie Sexson
helps Seattle's rotation:
King Felix
Jarrod Washburn
Tyler Clippard
Horacio Ramirez
Jeff Karstens

How? This year's rotation is:

Felix, Washburn, Weaver, Batista, Ramirez

Of course, this is obviously a trade for the future. But in '08, Seattle will hope to move Brandon Morrow and Ryan Feierabend -- who are more highly regarded prospects than Karstens and Clippard -- into the rotation. With Weaver and Ramirez coming off their contracts, the '08 rotation would be:

Felix, Morrow, Washburn, Feierabend, Batista

Then, in '09, they'll be looking to bring up two more youngsters, Tony Butler and Chris Tillman. Unfortunately, Washburn and Batista are both signed through that year, so they might have to make some trades or eat some salary if Butler and Tillman are ready. If not, there are worse things than having another year of those two before they can hit the free agent market before 2010.

Now, it's likely that one or more of the M's prospects won't pan out, and for that reason it's always good to stockpile arms. But are Karstens and Clippard the guys we want to add? I don't see it. Karstens did well in the majors last year, but there's little in his minor league record to suggest that he's more than a back-of-the-rotation guy. He's been able to eat a lot of innings, but that's not necessarily such a good thing for a young pitcher anyway. He has also been a high-ratio pitcher. His K/9 rates have been impressive and perhaps that can translate into big league success, but with scouting reports that say his fastball tops out at 90, he sounds like... well, he sounds like a Miguel Batista type.

I know much less about Clippard -- but I do know that he's not on any list of the top-5 Yankee pitching prospects that I've seen. And when you're trying to trade for someone who can hit 35+ homers in the league's most difficult park for righty hitters, you have to give up one of your top prospects.

So, what's the going rate for righty sluggers? Well, this offseason, the Yankees set a precedent by trading one for Humberto Sanchez and a couple of low-minors pitchers. Of course, Sexson is an outstanding fielder (just a shade lower than Mientkiewicz) and younger and more durable than Sheffield... so anyway, that's the kind of package I'd use as the starting point of any discussion.

Return to Trades and Transactions