Its a Dunn deal...

kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Its a Dunn deal... 

Post#1 » by kingofthecourt67 » Wed May 9, 2007 4:16 am

Don't need him anymore. Don't need the K-king with inflated stats because of hits when they don't matter(lets just hope other GMs dont know that :D ). So, hence the question, "What would you offer for Adam Dunn?" We would be interested in pitching(bullpen help is needed asap but we'd probably be willing to explore other options).
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Ex-hippie » Wed May 9, 2007 4:36 pm

He's going to be a free agent, right? The question is whether a team would be getting just a rental...

I'd love to have him for Seattle. He knows how to take a pitch, unlike the rest of the team, and as a lefty he'll be able to handle Safeco Field pretty well. I'd like to see the middle of the order go (3) Beltre (R), (4) Dunn (L), (5) Sexson (R), (6) Ibanez (L). Sure, there would be about 350 strikeouts a year in the 4-5 spots, but they'll be tough outs and they'll force opposing pitchers to throw a lot of pitches. And with Dunn's excellent on-base percentage, he'd be good for 120 or more runs scored per year hitting ahead of those other two.

Problem is, my team isn't likely to contend this year, so there isn't much point to acquiring a rental player.

Also, my team's GM likes players who swing at everything, and Dunn is the antithesis of that.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#3 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Thu May 10, 2007 8:46 am

Oh God, Adam Dunn on the Mariners would be great. We'd finally have a real DH to fill the gaping hole Edgar left.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#4 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 10, 2007 1:11 pm

The only problem with him heading to the Mariners is that it
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#5 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Thu May 10, 2007 8:41 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:The only problem with him heading to the Mariners is that it
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#6 » by old rem » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:09 am

I'd like to see the Giants put him at 1b and bat him behind Bonds. As cheap as the Reds brass is,a package of minor leaguers and as much cash as they can stuff in their pockets would do it.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Trades and Transactions