Fire Sale!!!

studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Fire Sale!!! 

Post#1 » by studcrackers » Thu May 31, 2007 5:02 am

Alright since the Texas Rangers have sucked massive donkey dick and decided to mail it in this season, despite the incompetent blowhard of an owner giving into the teams demands and firing buck showalter (rightfully so) And replacing him with a guy everyone raved about in ron washington (not to many beefs to harp on) we've still managed to have the worst record in the league through 2 months.

And with our Minor League Depth and lack of prospects (especially in AA and AAA) this could be the most important couple months to help shape franchise for the next 10 years (we also have 5 picks in i think the 1st 60 and 6 in the 1st 81)

So I was wondering from the guys that know prospects or people that think they know what goes through heads of GM's what the value is to some of these players I think will be on the trading block come July. We could have 3 of the biggest names on the market here are some names:

Big Guys
Mark Teixeira - with the way this teams playing there will be no reason for him to want to resign with us.
Here's what Tim Cowlishaw suggested, if we could get any of these 3 deals I'd be shocked, its pretty bad maybe the Dodgers deal is possible:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 6b539.html

Eric Gagne and Akinori Otsuka - these 2 rarely fail and Gagne has came back from injury just fine, the only worries i have with Aki is he seems to fail against the BoSox and Yanks every other time he pitches he seems flawless. But for teams that need bullpen help these 2 serve an immediate upgrade and Aki has 2 years of Arbitration time so I think that helps his value.

Other rentals that shouldnt fetch much:
Kenny Lofton

Sammy Sosa will be traded once he hits 600, surprised he's done this well not sure if he can keep it up, could serve as a DH for crappy team or good pinch hitter or 3rd/4th OF.

Brad Wilkerson

Michael Young - id love to trade him now that id like to blow up the team but his contract is virtually untradeable as his value to our team means more to us then other teams plus i think he has a full no trade clause except for like 2 months in 2009.

I expect at least 1 of Gagne/Aki to be traded most likely Gagne, and Sosa/Lofton will both be traded. Tex might have to wait til the offseason though some teams could overtrade in order to have him for the stretch run and next season before the contract is up.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#2 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Thu May 31, 2007 8:22 pm

Jeff Weaver and some A-ball prospect for Kameron Loe.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
CCBC
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#3 » by CCBC » Fri Jun 1, 2007 4:56 am

I would like to acquire Teixeira but I don't know if there are any prospects the Cardinals and Rangers could agree on.

I would also like to have Kenny Lofton, but I don't know quite where he would play.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#4 » by bigboy1234 » Fri Jun 1, 2007 9:21 am

CCBC wrote:I would like to acquire Teixeira but I don't know if there are any prospects the Cardinals and Rangers could agree on.

I would also like to have Kenny Lofton, but I don't know quite where he would play.

Why would the Cards want Teixeira, they have a decent 1st baseman already. And if you wanted to move him to 3rd they have a pretty good defensively and expense one of those. Either way the Rangers would want Colby Rasmus and Cards wouldn't be willing to trade him for Teixeira.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by lpsevier » Fri Jun 1, 2007 12:37 pm

How about sending him to the Braves for Salty and a few others?
heemer
Veteran
And1: 14

Post#6 » by heemer » Mon Jun 4, 2007 9:26 pm

Assuming the Jays arent holding a firesale of their own (because their stuggles are injury related) they might be very interested in Young although i have no idea what a possible trade might look like. Toronto is still in need of a middle infielder and as a friend of Vernon maybe he could get that big bat moving somehow
Jimmy103
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by Jimmy103 » Fri Jun 8, 2007 12:51 pm

Any shot that Brandon McCarthy would be available?
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by studcrackers » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:39 am

theres no **** way we'd trade brandon mccarthy just on the basis of what he represents. we have john danks trade him for brandon mccarthy put him under enormous pressure we ride with mccarthy til the end. danks is about the only decent starter we've developed in the past decade.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#9 » by Bleeding Green » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:52 am

Eric Hurley will change all that.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Capt.Clutch
Freshman

Post#10 » by Capt.Clutch » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:23 pm

lofton and wilkerson for choo and max ramerez
or just wilkerson for choo and cash or max and cash
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by studcrackers » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:47 pm

who is choo? choo freeman? b/c he blows

if this max ramirez is this guy, he sounds pretty good:
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecot ... 41011A.php
GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 358

Post#12 » by GYBE » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:10 pm

I'd love the Cubs to rent Lofton for the rest of the year.

8)
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by studcrackers » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:28 am

and id love to trade with you, lofton is on a tear with you
sosafan70
RealGM

Post#14 » by sosafan70 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:00 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Eric Hurley will change all that.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Dallas Mavericks: Where Good over Evil Happens

Return to Trades and Transactions