Glaus to Dodgers

pc
Ballboy
And1: 0

Glaus to Dodgers 

Post#1 » by pc » Sat Jun 2, 2007 9:07 pm

LA's interest is rumored, it is said it would take a deal with one of there top pitching prospect such as Clayton Kershaw. Just curious to how people feel about Glaus' value if Toronto was looking to deal for prospects.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Re: Glaus to Dodgers 

Post#2 » by cmaff051 » Sat Jun 2, 2007 9:11 pm

pc wrote:LA's interest is rumored, it is said it would take a deal with one of there top pitching prospect such as Clayton Kershaw. Just curious to how people feel about Glaus' value if Toronto was looking to deal for prospects.

I don't think Glaus has that kind of trade value, especially for a guy like Kershaw. Arod on the other hand...
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#3 » by bigboy1234 » Sat Jun 2, 2007 9:28 pm

Toronto could dream about getting Kershaw but it won't happen.
pc
Ballboy

Post#4 » by pc » Sat Jun 2, 2007 10:32 pm

Thats what I thought reading the article, just wanted to see If I was alone in feeling that Glaus is not worth top level prospects. As a Jays fan I wish he were.
kelso
Analyst

Post#5 » by kelso » Sun Jun 3, 2007 10:42 pm

Glaus is not a scrub. He's a bonified 30/100 guy who plays great third base and is a former world servies MVP. Its not like you're talking about some journeyman lineup filler who's gonna spot play for you.
heemer
Veteran
And1: 14

Post#6 » by heemer » Mon Jun 4, 2007 9:24 pm

Im not familiar with the prospect were talking about here, but Glaus is an unquestionable stud. We are talking about a power-hitting, RBI producing All-star 3B here... and a legit cleanup guy as well.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#7 » by cmaff051 » Mon Jun 4, 2007 9:32 pm

heemer wrote:Im not familiar with the prospect were talking about here, but Glaus is an unquestionable stud. We are talking about a power-hitting, RBI producing All-star 3B here... and a legit cleanup guy as well.

Come on, let's not overrate Glaus here... the guy has a .253 batting average and a 120 career OPS... not great by any stretch of the imagination. Not to mention that he has problems staying healthy...
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#8 » by 34Celtic » Wed Jun 6, 2007 3:47 am

when healthy hes a complete stud
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#9 » by bigboy1234 » Wed Jun 6, 2007 8:59 am

Kershaw, the top player out of HS last year, has 127 SO in 92 IP in pro ball. He will make practically no money his first 3 years, and will be under control of his team for the next 3 years. In my mind already a top 15 prospect(will be top 10 prospect by the end of the year, if not top 5) who is a future ace.

Troy Glaus a career .283 EQA hitter that makes 10.75M in 07 and 12.75M in '08 with a player option for 11.25M in 09.

Now you determine who'd you'd rather have.

Also, top prospects don't get traded, usually.
wbbfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 15

Post#10 » by wbbfan » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:02 am

bigboy1234 wrote:Kershaw, the top player out of HS last year, has 127 SO in 92 IP in pro ball. He will make practically no money his first 3 years, and will be under control of his team for the next 3 years. In my mind already a top 15 prospect(will be top 10 prospect by the end of the year, if not top 5) who is a future ace.

Troy Glaus a career .283 EQA hitter that makes 10.75M in 07 and 12.75M in '08 with a player option for 11.25M in 09.

Now you determine who'd you'd rather have.

Also, top prospects don't get traded, usually.

He sounds awesome. What level A ball is he at, and what does he throw?
As a jays fan, a high level pitching prospect would be ideal, but I doubt it.
Maybe if we kick in Vdub and pay a bunch of both contracts lol.
I don't really like ervin santana, but him as a fifth for us wouldn't be bad (behind doc, aj, marcum and mcgowan though the bottom three would be fairly inter changeable)
That Vdub offer range in the off season would be good for glaus. Or take glaus and big franks bad contract and send us one good young short stop, aybar etc...
That way we won't be broke in the off season, and have to hear JP crying for mo money again.
wbbfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 15

Post#11 » by wbbfan » Sat Aug 4, 2007 4:07 pm

Glaus, is a guy capable of hitting 50 homers in the al or nl. His average has come up this year, and if it weren't or injurys would have much more homers and rbi. The jays as a team this year haven't lived up to our hitting potential. A side from rios, and stairs every one else is down. Aaron hills homer and XB hits have come a long, long ways, but his average has dipped sharply too.
I am not sure that glaus would get kershaw strair up. Not unless the dodger would have gotten really, really desperate. And we don't have the prospects to really sweeten a deal very well.
That plus glaus having the approve a deal and probably a contract extension on an all ready pricey (though not out of line) contract tells me this deal doesnt happen. That plus I think JP still thinks that this line up can bring it next year and help win the ALE.
Personally, I wouldn't make a deal unless it was heavily in our favor.
As when healthy, and not in a slump I like this line up pretty good. And I don't see JP making a trade with us giving up a proven major leaguer for a minor leaguer. Unless it's maybe to dump big franks deal.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#12 » by A.J. » Sat Aug 4, 2007 6:47 pm

why in the world yall need Glaus when you got Nomar at 3rd and Loney at 1st. Where will he play?

Return to Trades and Transactions