Rockies-Reds

proscout
Junior
And1: 21

Rockies-Reds 

Post#1 » by proscout » Mon Jun 2, 2008 10:12 am

How about a trade of Hawpe, Stewart, and Morales to the Reds for Harang and prospects. The Reds could plug in Stewart at 3B for a huge upgrade of Encarnacion. This deal pends on them also dealing Griffey, or not using the option on his contract for next year. Hawpe would then take over in RF. Morales would go along with the other young guys in the rotation. So we'd basically be giving up 3 major-league-ready players, so it's a great value for the Reds, but I think it's a good deal for us too because we'd be giving up 3 players that either are blocked at their position, or would be easy to replace (this is pending that we sign Atkins to a long term contract, which I think we will and should because it will help keep Holliday too). It would give the Rockies the Ace they need, and it also shifts our other pitchers into spots where they are better fits (Francis becomes a 3 instead of 1/2, Ubaldo a 4 instead of 3, etc).

Rockies look like:
CF Taveras
2B Barmes
1B Helton
LF Holliday
3B Atkins
RF Smith
SS Tulo
C Ianetta
P (Harang, Cook, Francis, Jimenez, Reynolds)

BENCH
C Yorvit
IF Baker
IF Q
OF Spilly
OF Pods

Reds would look like:
CF Bruce
SS Keppinger
LF Dunn
2B Phillips
RF Hawpe
3B Stewart
1B Votto
C Bako
P (Arroyo, Cueto, Volquez, Morales, Bailey)
njncarter15
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#2 » by njncarter15 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:36 am

looks eerily similar to your Halladay proposal...lol...while i think this one is a bit better than your Toronto version, I don't think those three players is a big enough return for either Toronto or Cincinnati to do it...if there was a SP a little bit better than Morales as the third guy along with Hawpe and Stewart, I think both teams would consider it a bit more...but as of now niether one would trade their not too old, All-Star workhorse SP without getting a potential replacement in return
massey1992
Banned User

Post#3 » by massey1992 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:34 pm

haha this one might actually work but I doubt that the Reds do this deal.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by A.J. » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:13 pm

I like the trade you proposed but as the previous poster said, not sure if the Reds do this trade.
njncarter15
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by njncarter15 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:14 am

maybe if it was francis/one of stewart or hawpe/a lower prospect they might conisder it more...francis will be pretty good outside of coors

Return to Trades and Transactions