2007's Top 100 Prospect's

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Boston's Future
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

2007's Top 100 Prospect's 

Post#1 » by Boston's Future » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:13 pm

http://topprospectalert.com/top100baseballprospects.htm

Tigers have 3 guys on the list, Bucholtz is third behind Hughes who is number two. The top prospect in all of baseball is Justin Upton of the Arizon Diamondbacks
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#2 » by bigboy1234 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:33 pm

Just for future reference it's Buchholz and this list sucks, as usual.

It doesn't have Deolis Guerra, Asdrubal Cabrera, Franklin Morales, and Lars Anderson which pretty much says it's crap.

McCutchen, Jacoby, Crowe, Volstad are a tad too high for me.

How the hell is DeSalvo #65? He's nowhere near that atmosphere of good.

Just a quick overview from me, although there are a ton of other places I would disagree with.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#3 » by nykgeneralmanager » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:37 pm

I'd switch Bailey and Gallardo. In the past year, it doesn't seem like Bailey has improved his control of his secondary stuff one bit. Not only was Gallardo a lot more impressive in their ML stints, he was walking less and striking out more in AAA.

I've never been a big fan of the lists on that site, but I think it is a decent list overall. I'd like to see lists from some other sites that have some more credibility.

I'll admit I got a HUGE laugh out of seeing DeSalvo on that list. He isn't even a top 200 prospect in baseball, and has never been...so I'm not sure where that came from. Overall, it's nice to see 4 Yankee pitchers in the top 51 and Jose Tabata thrown in the middle of them. Alan Horne should be in there, which tells me that people making that list aren't as on top of things as you'd like as they are more into the names from last year than the ones who broke onto the scene this year (guys like Horne or Guerra).
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#4 » by cmaff051 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:20 pm

This list isn't any good. Any Top 100 prospect list that has Matt Desalvo is a joke.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#5 » by studcrackers » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:38 pm

its nice to see 4 rangers on there especially hurley so high.

also nice to see taylor teagarden and kasey kiker get some recognition (though kiker is still in low A) surprised to see John Mayberry Jr. on there.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#6 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:28 pm

Justin Upton is god, so he has that right. But yeah, the rest is nonsense. Longoria at 4, Ellsbury at 12, Wood at 13? All way too high.

Any list that has Jeff Samardzija is just hilarious.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
PrinceForMVP
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#7 » by PrinceForMVP » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:06 am

this list doesnt look too bad, with a few exceptions....well more than a few, but putting a list of the top 100 together is pretty tough. this is actually better than most of the lists that ive seen. although i dont trust these lists since a few lists had jose capellan as the #1 prospect a few years ago....
HeyIt'sMe
Lead Assistant
And1: 127

Post#8 » by HeyIt'sMe » Fri Aug 3, 2007 5:49 am

Bleeding Green wrote:Justin Upton is god, so he has that right. But yeah, the rest is nonsense. Longoria at 4, Ellsbury at 12, Wood at 13? All way too high.

Any list that has Jeff Samardzija is just hilarious.

Eh? Longoria is legit. .307/.403/.528 line in AA and he was just promoted to AAA. He played in an extreme pitchers park in an extreme pitchers league and still put up terrific numbers. His IsoP is flat out awesome and he has really quick wrists. He'll be a really good major leaguer.

Jacob McGee, OTOH, is definitely too high. He's got all the tools (mid 90s fastball with severe movement, power curve) to be a heckuva pitcher, but his offspeed offerings are way too inconsistent to be ranked that high. He has top 10 talent, but he hasn't developed it yet.

Return to Minor Leagues