Trade Advice

Moderator: TyCobb

float1ng1nspace
Ballboy
And1: 0

Trade Advice 

Post#1 » by float1ng1nspace » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:51 am

I'm in a keeper league where I get to keep 3 batters and three pitchers and while I'm in the playoff, I'm starting to look towards next year and realize that I'm a little weak in the SP category. I have (arguably) 6 or 7 potential batters that might be considered keepers, and am wondering if I should try to unload one before the trade deadline. I want to remain competitive, though, and don't want to pull the trigger on a trade that might ruin my playoff chances. I'm in a 14 team H2H league. Here is my roster:

C R. Martin
1B A. Pujols
2b R. Cano
SS H. Ramirez
3B R. Braun
OF G. Sizemore
OF M. Cuddyer
OF H. Pence
UTL C. Blake
BN R. Zimmerman

SP B. Penny
SP G. Meche
SP M Cain
SP R Harden
SP D. Bush
SP R. Clemens
SP K. Millwood
SP T. Wakefield
RP JJ Putz
RP T. Saito
RP D. Turnbow
RP S. Linebrink
RP E. Guardado
(the middle relievers are because have holds as a category)

Is trading someone like Pujols for a stud SP worth the short term/long term risk? Is Ryan Braun the real deal? Or is it not worth the risk this year to unload a batter when I have decent (not stud) pitcher keeper options (although if I don't move anyone I can lose Braun, Pence, Martin in the draft next year without anything to show for it).

To trade or to stay put - your thoughts?
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Post#2 » by OldNo7 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:07 am

I see you as having 4 "must keep" hitters in Martin, Pujols, Ramirez and Sizemore. Because OF is the easiest position to fill year in and year out, I would try very hard to get someone like Peavy for Sizemore.
Twitter: @NickObergan
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#3 » by lpsevier » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:34 pm

That a hell of a team.

Try to sell Braun or Pence high for a Peavy?

Return to Fantasy Baseball