2B: Kelly Johnson
SS: Alexei Ramirez
3B: Evan Longoria
OF: Jason Heyward
OF: Drew Stubbs
OF: Brett Gardner

Utility: David Ortiz, Reid Brignac

Bench: Luke Scott, Alcides Escobar, Gaby Sanchez

SP: Felix Hernandez, Jered Weaver, Ricky Romero, Hiroki Kuroda, Johnny Cueto, Brett Cecil, Edwin Jackson

RP: Jose Valverde, Koji Uehara, Jhoulys Chacin
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
yanksknicks101
Veteran
And1: 262

Re: Grade my team 

Post#2 » by yanksknicks101 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:01 pm

never understood taking catchers early since you could get russell martin and buck in the last rounds usually. Not saying they are as good as posey, but you get so much more value at that pick. Huff might see a slight dropoff. Longoria has to step it up this year, but without crawford, pena in that lineup, it might be tough. Heyward also needs to step it up cause his ADP is based on hype and potential and not actual stats (although they were good).

Never understood why people have more than 1 position player on their bench. Position players play almost everyday, where would you fit in your bench players?

You have a nice 3 man rotation, and kuroda and Chacin round it out nicely. I am not too confident on Cueto, Cecil and definitely not Edwin Jackson.

You only have 1 (confirmed) closer as well. I believe it will be Koji, but Kevin Gregg can steal it from him. Unless you are punting it, i suggest maybe dropping a bench player for jake mcgee or frank francisco
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Re: Grade my team 

Post#3 » by Bac2Basics » Thu Mar 3, 2011 4:49 am

I think you probably cost yourself by reaching for positions where you didn't have to.

I wouldn't have drafted Posey as early as I'm guessing you did because you probably could have gotten a guy like Soto a few rounds later and gotten a much better player at one of your other positions. Your middle infield could have used that, it's not terrible, but it's not going to scare anyone.

You have guys that could do really well, but that could just as likely struggle, not a lot of "set it and forget it" type players on your roster.

I agree with yanksknicks101 that your closer situation is less than ideal as well, they only one of those guys I'd trust in Valverde

One other thing that may just be personal for me, but I dislike taking guys that can only DH. You become significantly limited on how you can move things around when injuries arise.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville

Return to Fantasy Baseball