Jon Lester

good or no good
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Re: Rate this 

Post#2 » by Bac2Basics » Mon Apr 4, 2011 4:48 am

I'm not sure I'd do it, out of the guys I'd rather have, you've already got 2 of the 3 of them, I'd see if I could do Stubbs for Upton & filler, as I'd rather have Pedroia & lester instead of Kinsler & Hanson

It's basically decent value either way, but I'd rather have what you've already got

Feel free to take a look at my teams on the other thread (could really use some help with my Yahoo team).
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
yanksknicks101
Veteran
And1: 262

Post#3 » by yanksknicks101 » Mon Apr 4, 2011 8:30 pm

I'm going to have to play devils advocate on this one and play off of b2b. Kinsler is on fire. Yes he is injury prone, but pedroia is not an iron man himself. Kinsler can get you an amazing first half and then i would sell high near the trade deadline before his second half collapse/injury.

Drew Stubbs is not as explosive or as much of an impact player as Kinsler but he can possibly get you 30/30 which is valuable. Granted, Upton has that potential but he has had his chance. I don't think bj will fully reach his potential, it is this year or bust and with longoria out, he needs to get it on now to convince me.

Lester is the more polished pitcher of the two, but Hanson had decent ratios and k's as well. I don't believe he touches Lester this year in terms of impact but he will be a damn good pitcher regardless.

You can get batting average anywhere to offset the sub 300 drew and kinsler will most likely settle at, and in reward you can get 20/20 30/30 guys. Upton is a big question mark, and the pedroia we have seen is his ceiling, which is certainly not a knock against him but kinsler is comparable to him and could possibly do more.

I would go through with the trade
CentralQB5
Pro Prospect
And1: 47

Post#4 » by CentralQB5 » Mon Apr 4, 2011 9:00 pm

^ thanks
i ended up going threw with it, i just think it helps me out in the end i mean yeah Lester is Lester but its not like im trading him for AJ Burnett haha...Hanson is solid and will be a huge factor in the Braves staff this year....thanks for your imput

Return to Fantasy Baseball