HKL Season 10 ---- ALL TEAM REVIEWS POSTED (p. 17)

Moderator: TyCobb

MGD24
Starter
And1: 47

Re: HKL Season 10 - DRAFTING - At-Bat: gyro -- Warnings: Larry x2 -- On-Deck: mgd -- Dugout: Draft Pause until Mar 5 @ 

Post#123 » by MGD24 » Tue Mar 1, 2016 12:52 am

Draft is now on a pause (see a few posts above for why) until Sunday March 6, 2016 @ noon EST.

Time clock and drafting will pick at that time.

If you haven't already, be sure to submit your choice in the poll at the top of the page. Thanks.
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Re: HKL Season 10 - Draft Paused until Sunday March 6 @ Noon EST. Late Picks: Larry x2 

Post#124 » by OldNo7 » Tue Mar 1, 2016 3:50 am

That's fair thanks Mike
Twitter: @NickObergan
LarryBonds
Junior
And1: 8

Re: HKL Season 10 - Draft Paused until Sunday March 6 @ Noon EST. Late Picks: Larry x2 

Post#125 » by LarryBonds » Thu Mar 3, 2016 3:31 am

Hey guys, sorry for the constant lateness. Pat did remind me at least twice about the draft and I did have intentions to get on and pick but as the hours and hours and hours pass and I found 5 minutes to myself I plum forgot.

Going forward, don't bother waiting for me. I don't care about where/when I draft and I don't want to be a pain. I'll try to get on more frequently, but I doubt I'll be sitting down to do research in the next week so I won\t be leaving a list either.

Thanks to Gary and Pat for picking for me while I was in the hospital.

I'll just randomly pick Mikael Franco and Dellin Betances for my picks. Go ahead and keep the draft moving.
Michael Landsberg
MGD24
Starter

Post#126 » by MGD24 » Thu Mar 3, 2016 11:20 am

LarryBonds wrote:Hey guys, sorry for the constant lateness. Pat did remind me at least twice about the draft and I did have intentions to get on and pick but as the hours and hours and hours pass and I found 5 minutes to myself I plum forgot.

Going forward, don't bother waiting for me. I don't care about where/when I draft and I don't want to be a pain. I'll try to get on more frequently, but I doubt I'll be sitting down to do research in the next week so I won\t be leaving a list either.

I'll just randomly pick Mikael Franco and Dellin Betances for my picks. Go ahead and keep the draft moving.

Thanks for checking in.
Unfortunately, Mikael Franco was already picked by Dan earlier in the draft, so you'll need to re-pick that choice.

Also to all, the draft will still start back up Sunday at noon as scheduled, as some may not be checking in until that time, it's only fair.
LarryBonds
Junior
And1: 8

Re: HKL Season 10 - Draft Paused until Sunday March 6 @ Noon EST. Late Picks: Larry x1 

Post#127 » by LarryBonds » Thu Mar 3, 2016 8:55 pm

Josh Harrison then I guess.
Michael Landsberg
gyro
Senior
And1: 65

Post#128 » by gyro » Fri Mar 4, 2016 3:29 pm

LarryBonds wrote:

I totally understand the demands on Jeff's time and where this draft must be on his list of priorities. Still, I'd like this league to stay somewhat competitive and I don't think skipping Jeff and having him pick up the leftovers off the waiver wire achieves that.

So I'm going to float an idea here: would it make sense if we all took turns picking for Jeff when it's his turn up? I don't think anyone would select Roger Clemens on his behalf, what I'm suggesting is that all of us (or a designated few, whatever) takes a look at Jeff's team and drafts him the best players available to meet his needs.

As a father of two under the age of 8, I can appreciate how busy things are for Jeff right now, but I also think he might appreciate the sweet diversion of fantasy baseball once the season starts and he's back to his high stress, hardly-any-time-to-eat job. This diversion would be more enjoyable if he had decent players and not AAAA level scrubs for a team.

Again, just a thought. I could draft for Jeff or be part of a joint effort with Pat and others to get him a good team.
MGD24
Starter

Re: RE: Re: HKL Season 10 - Draft Paused until Sunday March 6 @ Noon EST. Late Picks: Larry x2 

Post#129 » by MGD24 » Fri Mar 4, 2016 3:45 pm

gyro wrote:
LarryBonds wrote:

I totally understand the demands on Jeff's time and where this draft must be on his list of priorities. Still, I'd like this league to stay somewhat competitive and I don't think skipping Jeff and having him pick up the leftovers off the waiver wire achieves that.

So I'm going to float an idea here: would it make sense if we all took turns picking for Jeff when it's his turn up? I don't think anyone would select Roger Clemens on his behalf, what I'm suggesting is that all of us (or a designated few, whatever) takes a look at Jeff's team and drafts him the best players available to meet his needs.

As a father of two under the age of 8, I can appreciate how busy things are for Jeff right now, but I also think he might appreciate the sweet diversion of fantasy baseball once the season starts and he's back to his high stress, hardly-any-time-to-eat job. This diversion would be more enjoyable if he had decent players and not AAAA level scrubs for a team.

Again, just a thought. I could draft for Jeff or be part of a joint effort with Pat and others to get him a good team.

I'm cool with this. Sounds good if Jeff is okay with it.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,314

Re: HKL Season 10 - Draft Paused until Sunday March 6 @ Noon EST. 

Post#130 » by insfo » Fri Mar 4, 2016 5:12 pm

How about we just picking the highest ranked available player? I think that's what yahoo does in a live draft, so essentially, we put him on auto draft until he's ready to start making picks on his own.
gyro
Senior

Post#131 » by gyro » Fri Mar 4, 2016 5:47 pm

insfo wrote:How about we just picking the highest ranked available player? I think that's what yahoo does in a live draft, so essentially, we put him on auto draft until he's ready to start making picks on his own.

My only problem with that is that Yahoo will auto-draft you a 2nd catcher or a 5th closer sometimes, something that we probably wouldn't do.

That being said, it's a fair system and certainly better than getting the scraps.
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Post#132 » by OldNo7 » Sat Mar 5, 2016 3:28 am

I will be honest, I am OK with Mike drafting for Jeff. Mike hates when people aren't fair, so he would draft fairly on his behalf. Plus we're all friends and don't wanna dick anyone around, especially because a guy just had his third kid.

Well except for Dan. Mike would totally screw Dan's team on purpose. But I am also OK with that.
Twitter: @NickObergan
bronxbombers07
Senior
And1: 49

Post#133 » by bronxbombers07 » Sun Mar 6, 2016 4:44 pm

OldNo7 wrote:.... Well except for Dan. Mike would totally screw Dan's team on purpose. But I am also OK with that.

see that there folks. thats jealousy at its finest.
#witness

my vote is for Gamble or Gyro to pick for Jeff.

i also feel like we shouldnt wait for his "OK" either. cause if he isnt paying attention, we could be waiting forever.

pick his team, move on.. start the season.
MGD24
Starter

Post#134 » by MGD24 » Sun Mar 6, 2016 4:46 pm

bronxbombers07 wrote:
OldNo7 wrote:.... Well except for Dan. Mike would totally screw Dan's team on purpose. But I am also OK with that.

see that there folks. thats jealousy at its finest.
#witness

my vote is for Gamble or Gyro to pick for Jeff.

i also feel like we shouldnt wait for his "OK" either. cause if he isnt paying attention, we could be waiting forever.

pick his team, move on.. start the season.

I think Gyro is the best one to do the picking.
I'd rather stay neutral as commish.
Plus gyro is a fine, upstanding citizen.
MGD24
Starter

Re: HKL Season 10 - DRAFTING - At-Bat: JF33 --- On-Deck: Errin --- Dugout: Mark, Type1, Hound, Bronx, Old 

Post#135 » by MGD24 » Sun Mar 6, 2016 4:56 pm

Alright...the draft has resumed!

We are starting back up at Round 5.

JF33 is on the clock as of 12:00 pm EST.

Also, 10 of the 12 of us voted in the poll at the top of the page.
    Of those 10, 70% were in favour of this becoming a small money league.
    The other 30% were good either way.
    So that's a solid majority in favour of the change.

Next question is (I'll add a new poll), do we start it this year or next year.

Happy drafting!
gyro
Senior

Post#136 » by gyro » Sun Mar 6, 2016 7:12 pm

I think Gyro is the best one to do the picking.
I'd rather stay neutral as commish.
Plus gyro is a fine, upstanding citizen.

I'm fine with picking for Jeff if nobody has an issue with it. I can't recall ever being late for these drafts so delays won't be an issue. So I guess if anyone has objections PM me before it's Jeff's pick.
mark_kaufman
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: HKL Season 10 - DRAFTING - At-Bat: Mark --- On-Deck: Type1 --- Dugout: Hound,... 

Post#139 » by mark_kaufman » Mon Mar 7, 2016 4:36 am

Kyle Hendricks

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Fantasy Baseball