What to trade for Hanley...

Moderator: TyCobb

nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

What to trade for Hanley... 

Post#1 » by nykgeneralmanager » Wed May 16, 2007 8:52 pm

Its a 12 team rotisserie league, steals are really holding me back (the other categories im struggling in I expect to come around)

Keep in mind it is a keeper league, with either 6 or 7 keepers, here is my team:

C: Ivan Rodriguez
1B: Ryan Howard, Scott Hatteberg (Picked up Hatteberg with Howard out)
2B: Robinson Cano, Jose Vidro (Vidro at MI)
3B: Miguel Cabrera, Hank Blalock (Blalock at CI)
SS: Miguel Tejada
OF: Vladimir Guerrero, Hideki Matsui, Austin Kearns, Willy Taveras, Reggie Willits, Jim Edmonds (5 starters, Edmonds is on my bench)

SP: Jeremy Bonderman, Dan Haren, Phil Hughes, Kelvim Escobar, Braden Looper, Freddy Garcia, Javier Vazquez, Shawn Hill, Boof Bonser, Mike Maroth, Carlos Silva, Jesse Litsch, Paul Byrd, Homer Bailey
RP: Francisco Cordero, David Weathers, Jeremy Accardo, Kiki Calero

I want to make Tejada the foundation of the deal, and throw in Willits (to give him steals) and a solid pitcher but not Bonderman/Haren/Hughes. Any ideas?
Shzm13
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#2 » by Shzm13 » Fri May 18, 2007 8:51 am

You should prob get another SP..
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#3 » by nykgeneralmanager » Sat May 19, 2007 2:37 am

Shzm13 wrote:You should prob get another SP..

Well I like my trio of Bonderman/Haren/Hughes when everybody is healthy, and then filling in the other 3 starters with a few pitchers with 2 start weeks. It's a 12 team league with 6 starting pitchers, so you could imagine how thin some pitching staffs are.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#4 » by bigboy1234 » Sat May 19, 2007 3:16 am

I would say don't trade for him, he's clearly playing over his head and is going to command way too much right now.

I would go after Abreu while he's struggling, but he's only a 30 SB guy and you may want more than that.

Return to Fantasy Baseball