ImageImageImage

Go DBacks!

Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Go DBacks! 

Post#1 » by Black Jesus 1 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:13 am

Just figured i'd be the 1st to post here.
Season opener is tomorrow afternoon vs. Colorado..should be good.
Go DBacks!
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#2 » by Basketball Jesus » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:26 am

Chris Young will win the NL ROY.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
whambamslam
Starter
And1: 0

Post#3 » by whambamslam » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:13 am

I think Stephen Drew has a chance at rookie of the year also. I would say Carlos Quentin too, but not so sure after him being on the dl to start the season.
Bow2Yao11
Veteran

Post#4 » by Bow2Yao11 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:19 am

Webb is going to win 20 games this year!!! He is a great pitcher. He just needs run support and a bullpen who will hold the lead for him. He could've won 20 games last year.
John Wall>>>>>>>>>Ricky Rubio
nikidokai87
Ballboy

Post#5 » by nikidokai87 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:52 am

I don't think Drew is able to win the award this year. If I'm not mistaken he played alot of last year.

Young is going to have the inside track this year he has been so highly rated sense his draft from his days in the White Sox system to when we got him in the Javier deal.

Don't worry about Quentin his DL stint is retro to March 23 he could be back by April 7th. I think it is more of a protective measure then anything to worry about.

Webb has a great shot at a repeat of the NL CY Young award if the kids can give him some run support. Most of Webbs starts were no decisions last year, and in most of those starts were quailty starts (6 innings and lest then 3 earned runs). Lets hope he can get off to a great start like last year.
Nash4Mvp
Banned User

Post#6 » by Nash4Mvp » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:52 am

Yeah Webb should win 20 games easily this season, and I'm hoping Randy Johnson wins atleast 15-17 games.
nikidokai87
Ballboy

Post#7 » by nikidokai87 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:30 am

I don't think Johnson is going to win 15 games I think 10 to 12 games is more realistic. He is 40 plus coming off back surgery.

Those he is coming back to the NL were he gets the pitcher spot to pitch to, and its not the AL East that divison could be drain the life out of a young pitcher.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#8 » by MHZ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:27 pm

Hye_playa10 wrote:Yeah Webb should win 20 games easily this season, and I'm hoping Randy Johnson wins atleast 15-17 games.

Yeah, I think that might be a little optimistic. If Johnson somehow pulls that off and Webb has another stellar year, you guys are going to be tough.
nikidokai87
Ballboy

Post#9 » by nikidokai87 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:35 pm

what I love about Johnson this year is he is being more vocal and becoming a real leader IN THE CLUBHOUSE and not just on the field. The Arizona republic had an articul in it Randy talks about what its going to take for this team to do real well and how it going to take some player to play beyond the expectations. He never did this in his last stint with the DBacks he was more iso never talking to the press. Earlier this spring the republic had another story on how Randy wants to become a mentor for some of the young players on the team.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamond ... v0402.html
sonorandesert
Ballboy

Post#10 » by sonorandesert » Tue Apr 3, 2007 8:26 am

I'm hoping that Randy does show everyone as wrong.
Maybe not with a stellar season, but one that make's everyone step back and think, "wow Randy, welcome home".

Confidence is high for an NLWest banner.
New York was an experiment that went wrong.

#51 has come home, where he belongs, to retire.

Don't ya love first game predictions?
Seriously, I stand behind this post.
With Brandon and Randy in #1 and 2 position and what appears to be a decent bullpen, I think the Snakes have a chance.

Welcome home Randy!
nikidokai87
Ballboy

Post#11 » by nikidokai87 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:15 pm

I do think we have shot at the Divsion crown but what about our bullpen inspires confidence. Our closer has been unable to go a complete season without a meltdown and the rest have been injury prone or unproven I'm all for be optamistic but really.
diamondbacker
Sophomore

Post#12 » by diamondbacker » Thu Apr 5, 2007 2:54 am

GO DIAMONDBACKS!!!

Hopefully Durbin will get better at pitching. Seriously, if we had contained the Rox in the 8th, then we would have tied up the game in the 9th.

ANyways, I think this will be a fun year, and we have a great shot at the division. LA really hasn't improved as much as everyone thinks, and SD is not THAT good. The division is wide open. Why not us?
Orange_Blooded
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#13 » by Orange_Blooded » Sat Apr 7, 2007 1:42 am

I dont think 15 games is out of reach for Johnson this year if the young offense does decent. He looked great in his last start of the spring, the NL west is a pretty weak division as far as hitting goes and he still managed to win 17 games last year although in NY its obviously easier to rack up wins. Webb should win at least 18-19, I expect 20+ though.....although Im still afraid of our bullpen blowing games, Our four Horses(or horsemen) in the rotation should help with that.

I would pick Drew for the ROY if he is eligible I think he played 50-60 games last year, i may be wrong. I'll have to look in to his eligibility but i dont think he is. Micah Owings and Chris Young could be in the mix, and Q if hes eligible as well. I also like Callaspo but i dont know that he'll get enuff starts.

Return to Arizona Diamondbacks