2007 Predictions

Moderator: Rafael122

WizStorm
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

2007 Predictions 

Post#1 » by WizStorm » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:40 pm

Anyone have any predictions on how the O's are going to do this year in terms of records and individual performances?

First, here's the trend over the last 3 years:
2004: 78-84 (3rd in East)
2005: 74-88 (4th in East)
2006: 70-92 (4th in East)

2007: ??-?? (??? in East)

Other predictions...
Any Breakout Players?
Any Regressing Players?
Minor League Callups?
Projected Stats for guys like Miggy? Marakakis? Roberts?
All-Star Game Invitee(s)?
WizStorm
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#2 » by WizStorm » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:48 pm

My prediction is that the O's will be much better this season. The offense shouldn't be any worse. I think the defense and pitching will be better (and deeper).

I'll say the O's have their best record since 1997 and actually break .500 at 82-80 and move up a notch to finish 3rd in the East behind the the big market, big spenders Sox and Yanks.

Even though I think Markakis will have a solid year, my bet for a breakout player this year is Daniel Cabrara. It's time for the guy with dominating stuff and erratic control to finally have that season we've been waiting for. Whether it's eye surgery or the extra season of Leo Mazzone magic, I think it all comes together this year for him. At the very least, you have to consider this the make-it or break-it year for the youngster.
20swish
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by 20swish » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:06 pm

OK well i'm also thinking Cabrera is ready for a breakout year, but i think Markakis will as well. So Breakout everyday player= Markakis, and Breakout pitcher= Cabrera.

I also think Bedard will do well and finally make the all-star team this season. Though it wont be as much as a breakout because he won 15 games last year. I think Markakis will put up some border all-star stats, but wont stand a chance to make it with the depth in the outfield in the A.L.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#4 » by miller31time » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:46 pm

I'm optimistic about this season. Not optimistic enough to dare say we beat either or both the Yankees and the Bo-Sox, but a tight hold onto 3rd place seems about right, in my opinion. I'll venture a guess and say 85-77.

I'm keeping an eye out for Melvin Mora to have a comeback season and make the All-Star team, along with Tejada, and I agree that Bedard will make the team as well (predicting 17 wins for the man).

For a breakout guy, other than those who have already been mentioned (Cabrera, Markakis), I'll say Adam Loewen. He showed sparks of great play last season, and I think that he has nowhere to go but up.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#5 » by Rafael122 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 11:04 pm

I'm gonna say 79-83. They pretty much have 2 years to show any kind of improvement. The majority of this team is not under contract after the 2008 season.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.

Return to Baltimore Orioles