Roberts represents O's in the ASG

Moderator: Rafael122

miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Roberts represents O's in the ASG 

Post#1 » by miller31time » Sun Jul 1, 2007 10:29 pm

BALTIMORE -- Brian Roberts is back in the All-Star Game and back from the devastating injury that sapped his power last season. Roberts, who dislocated his left elbow at the end of his last All-Star campaign, played his way back into shape in 2006 amid questions on whether he'd ever break out again. One year later, the answer appears to be an emphatic yes.
Roberts was voted in by his peers to the July 10 All-Star Game in San Francisco, a fitting honor based on his performance thus far this season.

Roberts went into Sunday's game ranked first among his positional peers in on-base percentage (.412) and second in batting average (.326). As if that's not enough of a case for the Midsummer Classic, only one other American League second baseman with 200 at-bats had a higher slugging mark (.454). Roberts also leads the league with 25 stolen bases.

Read the full story HERE

Good for him. It's tough enough just coming back from injury, but to be as good as he has been this season is a testament to his hard work and determination.

:clap:

(sidenote: It's a shame Bedard's record is only 'so-so' because he's been great this season as well)
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#2 » by Scabs304 » Mon Jul 2, 2007 10:26 pm

Yah I believe Bedard and Roberts both deserved to go, but the lack of run support killed Erik. Roberts would of been in a tight race to make the game even if he wasn't the de facto only all-star coming from the O's but I think that pushed him over the top.
I am Scabs.
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#3 » by Scabs304 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:41 pm

Could Bedard Miss the All-Star Game and then somehow win the Cy Young?
I am Scabs.
Hawaii
Pro Prospect
And1: 21

Post#4 » by Hawaii » Mon Aug 6, 2007 6:22 am

Yep, big ups to Brian Roberts. he deserved it this year. :clap:

Return to Baltimore Orioles