The Steve Trachsel mystery

Moderator: Rafael122

20swish
Sixth Man
And1: 0

The Steve Trachsel mystery 

Post#1 » by 20swish » Mon May 5, 2008 1:15 am

Why the hell is this guy still starting. He offers very little to the team. his 7.42 era is a joke, his fastball checks in at a blistering 85 mph and for someone who's stuff is not that great his control is average at best. For a veteran he instills very little confidence from me when he hits the mound. For a young inconsistent rotation he is clearly the weakest link and he does not have the excuse of being young with upside like the rest of the rotation does. His pitch count every game is so tremendously high that he rarely makes it into the 6th.
Today he came into the game with a 2 run first inning lead. The first batter up matthews Jr had a 6 pitch at bat which ended with a HR to center. During that at bat Trachsel threw 5 heaters (including the Hr pitch) and 1 change-up (which was the first pitch). 4 batters later he gave up a 3 run bomb to Torrie Hunter. so the O's went from up 2 to down 2 in one half inning. Good ol steve pitched 3 innings giving up 6 runs on 7 hits.

there must be something The O's can do to get Trachsel out of the rotation. Originally i thought that Olson could come up and take his spot, but with the injury to Loweon he ended up taking that spot.

The current rotation in no particular order is

Guthrie
Cabrera
Buress
Olson
Trachsel

I know we have Penn in the minors, but i would rather not have to rush him in.

So i was thinking that maybe we could let Albers take Trachsels spot in the rotation until Loweon is able to start again.
WizStorm
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#2 » by WizStorm » Thu May 8, 2008 1:12 am

I'm all for anybody to take Trashes spoy in the rotation. I have no clue why some veteran is thought to be needed ... what the hell can he be teaching the youngsters anyways? How to suck?

And while we're at it, maybe we can look to ditch Millar. There's gotta be better power options at 1st base somewhere. I'm sure he's a great clubhouse guy ... but damn his hitting just flat out sucks for a 1st baseman. I've never seeen a guy that pulls the ball as much as he does, but isn't much of a HR threat.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#3 » by miller31time » Sat May 10, 2008 6:46 pm

Steve Trash-el
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,774

Post#4 » by Rafael122 » Sun May 11, 2008 3:49 pm

The O's are gonna go with a 4 man rotation for the next couple of weeks, but this could have been a good time to probably bring in one of their young arms from the system and see what he has so far, but meh.

Olson is getting it, Cabrera seems to be turning that corner but he has to do it longer than 2 starts, and there's still Guthrie.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
massey1992
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by massey1992 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:33 pm

Well he's gone now so don't worry about it lol.

Return to Baltimore Orioles