ImageImageImage

Braves selling their minor league franchises?

Moderator: HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Braves selling their minor league franchises? 

Post#1 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Dec 8, 2021 6:09 pm

Read on Twitter

The sale to Endeavor Group Holdings -- a publicly traded company that includes entertainment-agency WME, sports-and-media business IMG and mixed-martial-arts organization UFC -- for an undisclosed price will end decades of ownership by the Braves of minor-league teams.

The sale to Endeavor Group Holdings -- a publicly traded company that includes entertainment-agency WME, sports-and-media business IMG and mixed-martial-arts organization UFC -- for an undisclosed price will end decades of ownership by the Braves of minor-league teams.

But the Gwinnett, Mississippi and Rome teams will continue to serve as the Braves’ Triple-A, Double-A and High-A affiliates, respectively, under the new ownership.

What it means: The minor-league teams will operate as in the past for on-field matters, but the Braves will no longer run the business side.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,008

Re: Braves selling their minor league franchises? 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:50 pm

The Gwinnett stadium was nice with some apartments surrounding it but now the entire stadium is being surrounded with apartments. The cost of living in the complex is pricey but still nice. I have a friend that lives there and her balcony overlooks the outfield and field.

I wish they just left the name to Gwinnett Braves instead of changing it to the Snappers.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Braves