Brandon Beachy returns....

Moderator: HMFFL

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Brandon Beachy returns.... 

Post#1 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:28 pm

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/baseball ... cis/nYGbq/

Beachy is set to come off of the DL this upcoming week. As mentioned in the article, Braves may drop a player from the rotation to add Beachy. The could also think about dealing Maholm to make room in the rotation. What are your thoughts?

IMO, the Braves should keep the rotation as is. Use Beachy out of bullpen, 8th inning guy, 2 innings guy, long relief, spot start/injury guy. Don't want to over work him, kind of follow the same path they went with Medlen.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Re: Brandon Beachy returns.... 

Post#2 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:36 pm

No thoughts on this at all? Over 20 views. :dontknow:
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#3 » by ATL Boy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:No thoughts on this at all? Over 20 views. :dontknow:

My mistake, I'm just always so focused on just the game thread when I go onto this board because noone really posts anything new :lol:

But going on topic, I like the idea of using him out of the pen, not only because of the innings number but also because he's gonna be a bit rusty. When Brandon gets back to form we should insert him back into the rotation around August or September. I also wouldn't mind us trading Maholm, the dude hasn't impressed me lately and his contract is expiring, might as well get some bullpen help like when we traded Hanson for Walden.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#4 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:43 am

ATL Boy wrote:

My mistake, I'm just always so focused on just the game thread when I go onto this board because noone really posts anything new :lol:

But going on topic, I like the idea of using him out of the pen, not only because of the innings number but also because he's gonna be a bit rusty. When Brandon gets back to form we should insert him back into the rotation around August or September. I also wouldn't mind us trading Maholm, the dude hasn't impressed me lately and his contract is expiring, might as well get some bullpen help like when we traded Hanson for Walden.

I'd do that, when you place Beachy back into rotation in August, send Medlen to the pen. Medlen has been off this season. He is currently 3-7 with a 3.22 ERA, was well on his way to a victory tonight, until he made a poor decision and threw the ball away.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#5 » by ATL Boy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:15 am

Nemesis21 wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:

I'd do that, when you place Beachy back into rotation in August, send Medlen to the pen. Medlen has been off this season. He is currently 3-7 with a 3.22 ERA, was well on his way to a victory tonight, until he made a poor decision and threw the ball away.

I don't think it should be Medlen going into the Pen, sure his win loss record sucks but only because he never gets run support, he's one of our best pitchers. You can't take Teheran or Minor out of the rotation because they've been lights out. So that just leaves Hudson or Maholm if we don't trade Paul. I'd put Maholm in the bullspen because Hudson is a vet and his experience will be valuable down the stretch
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
bstrassburg
Bench Warmer
And1: 50

Post#6 » by bstrassburg » Tue Jul 2, 2013 4:53 pm

I was going to post a month ago, how great a Paul Maholm for Joba Chamberlain trade would be. With the Braves sending scouts to look at Joba and the Yankees needing some starting pitching help, I could easily see this getting done. Joba hasn't been pitching that well with the Yanks, but he's a classic change of scenery guy, who still has good stuff. I could see the Braves organization turning him around.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#7 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jul 3, 2013 1:29 am

bstrassburg wrote:I was going to post a month ago, how great a Paul Maholm for Joba Chamberlain trade would be. With the Braves sending scouts to look at Joba and the Yankees needing some starting pitching help, I could easily see this getting done. Joba hasn't been pitching that well with the Yanks, but he's a classic change of scenery guy, who still has good stuff. I could see the Braves organization turning him around.

I saw on mlbtraderumors today, that the Braves may look to acquire Joba. I'm not sure they trade Maholm, with Beachy having a set back in rehab. Also wouldn't mind if the Braves added Joba, it'd be just for the rest of the season, as he is a FA at seasons end.
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Post#8 » by ohara » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:47 pm

'Back today! Know there will be rust, but hoping for a strong game with offensive support!

Return to Atlanta Braves