Tim Hudson believes he could be traded

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Tim Hudson believes he could be traded 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Fri Jul 5, 2013 8:21 pm

MLB.com's Peter Gammons reports that Tim Hudson has told some former teammates that he thinks he could be traded.
The report comes out of nowhere, as Hudson is a big piece in the rotation of the NL East-leading Braves. Atlanta does have Brandon Beachy (elbow) possibly near a return, but it would certainly be a risk to deal Hudson. It's worth noting that Hudson was pushed back from Friday to Saturday, with the Braves not providing a reason. Gammons lists the Rangers, Red Sox and Giants as clubs that could have interest in the veteran righty.

Source: Peter Gammons on Twitter
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: Tim Hudson believes he could be traded 

Post#2 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Jul 5, 2013 10:54 pm

DOB doesn't think it will happen. I think we should keep all our pitchers. Bring Beachy along how they did with Medlen. Then in the offseason you deal Maholm(or is he a FA this winter?). Beachy returns to rotation full time.
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Post#3 » by ohara » Sun Jul 7, 2013 2:50 am

Wren has earned my trust. I will trust him to do the right thing.
mattlanta
Senior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by mattlanta » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:38 am

Nemesis21 wrote:DOB doesn't think it will happen. I think we should keep all our pitchers. Bring Beachy along how they did with Medlen. Then in the offseason you deal Maholm(or is he a FA this winter?). Beachy returns to rotation full time.

I believe Maholm's contract expires after this season.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:51 pm

ohara wrote:Wren has earned my trust. I will trust him to do the right thing.

I concur.

The moves Wren has been making have been spot on and I also trust him.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#6 » by ATL Boy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:47 pm

HMFFL wrote:
ohara wrote:Wren has earned my trust. I will trust him to do the right thing.

I concur.

The moves Wren has been making have been spot on and I also trust him.

Me 3
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,089

Post#7 » by JDR720 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:23 pm

I like Tim but if we can get some good value for him i would trade him
ohara
Head Coach

Post#8 » by ohara » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Nothing specifically about Timmy, or Maholm for that matter. But Dan O'Brien tweeted we are looking at LH releif and mentioned Perkins and Duensing from Minnesota. Perkins would be an awesome addition. A closer who can be another shut down pitcher for Atlanta. Would love to have him here, even if it meant saying goodbye to Tim. I really want Beachy to be ready soon tho and get him back, or that Cuban pitcher. Duensing would be a very solid addition, but Perkins would be a killer addition to this staff.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#9 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:11 pm

ohara wrote:Nothing specifically about Timmy, or Maholm for that matter. But Dan O'Brien tweeted we are looking at LH releif and mentioned Perkins and Duensing from Minnesota. Perkins would be an awesome addition. A closer who can be another shut down pitcher for Atlanta. Would love to have him here, even if it meant saying goodbye to Tim. I really want Beachy to be ready soon tho and get him back, or that Cuban pitcher. Duensing would be a very solid addition, but Perkins would be a killer addition to this staff.

Another LH relief pitcher I've heard rumored to the Braves is former Brave Mike Gonzalez. I'd welcome him back. He's done good with the O's, Nats and Brewers. 34.1 IP 32 H 11 R 11 ER 4 HR 17 BB 43 Ks 2.88 ERA 1.43 WHIP, .247/.313/.682 vs lefties this season with the Brewers.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#10 » by ohara » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Miami may trade LF Giancarlo Stanton. Part of me think we should simply swap LF's with them. Might do Jason and Giancarlo some good to get out from under the scrutiny of such high expectations in their current market. Jason is not going to live up the the hype, as I already think Freeman has passed him by as the best young position player, and Simmons might catch up to him as well. Has nothing to do with Timmy, but I did not want to put this in a new Thread or in the Game thread.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#11 » by ohara » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Miami may trade RF Giancarlo Stanton. Part of me think we should simply swap RF's with them. Might do Jason and Giancarlo some good to get out from under the scrutiny of such high expectations in their current market. Jason is not going to live up the the hype, as I already think Freeman has passed him by as the best young position player, and Simmons might catch up to him as well. Has nothing to do with Timmy, but I did not want to put this in a new Thread or in the Game thread.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#12 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Whoa! Trade Jason? He won't live up to the hype? :o :dontknow:
ohara
Head Coach

Post#13 » by ohara » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:25 am

Nemesis21 wrote:Whoa! Trade Jason? He won't live up to the hype? :o :dontknow:

Please tell me you're kidding? He's batting .223 with 7 HR and 21 RBI and we are halfway thru the season. Stanton is a bit better. Both have lots of potential, but that potential will likely not be reached where they currently play. I have been a Jason supporter from the beginning, but I am finally going to accept the fact that he is one of players who had tons of hype, but may likely never reach their full potential.

Sad about Timmy's injury. But wont see him traded now. This thread is pretty much done.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#14 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:19 pm

ohara wrote:

Please tell me you're kidding? He's batting .223 with 7 HR and 21 RBI and we are halfway thru the season. Stanton is a bit better. Both have lots of potential, but that potential will likely not be reached where they currently play. I have been a Jason supporter from the beginning, but I am finally going to accept the fact that he is one of players who had tons of hype, but may likely never reach their full potential.

Sad about Timmy's injury. But wont see him traded now. This thread is pretty much done.

I'm not kidding. Heyward as also been injured.Stanton has also been injured this season. .238 with 11 HRs and 29 RBI, not that much better than Jason's stats this season.

Career #'s for both,

Jason .255/.348/.783 66 HR 217 RBI 234 BB 424 Ks

Giancarlo .265/.350/.887 103 HR 261 RBI 185 BB 498 Ks

Basically the same stat line, Stanton has a bit more power, Heyward draws more walks and strikes out less.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#15 » by ohara » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:33 pm

That is exactly my point. They both have more promise and upside (potential), but they are seriously struggling with coming anywhere near it. I think the pressure is in their heads and on their current teams, they will likely never break out. All I am saying is it might be worth it for not just the 2 teams, but for the players also, if they were swapped. Might ease things up a bit for them and allow them to improve. But Jason is no where in the vicinity of the player the Braves thought he would be 3 years ago. Freemand was suppose to be 2nd fiddle next to Jason, but Freeman is the unquestioned star of this team. And I think Simmons might be 2nd right now. After he finally ended somewhat strongly last season, I was really hoping to see some signs that he was maturing with the bat and was going to be the weapon we all thought he could be. But I have pretty much come to the conclusion that he will never be that as a Brave. As long as he is a Brave, I will still pull hard for him, but it feels like all my cheering for him is in vain. I'd love to see him succeed, if not iin Atlanta, then somewhere else. But I would want to bring in someone in the deal who has the same potential to be a big time player. And I think Stanton has that potential. That's all I am saying. Not hating on Jason; just coming to the realization that he is not going to be the star we thought he could be for Atlanta.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#16 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:01 pm

ohara wrote:That is exactly my point. They both have more promise and upside (potential), but they are seriously struggling with coming anywhere near it. I think the pressure is in their heads and on their current teams, they will likely never break out. All I am saying is it might be worth it for not just the 2 teams, but for the players also, if they were swapped. Might ease things up a bit for them and allow them to improve. But Jason is no where in the vicinity of the player the Braves thought he would be 3 years ago. Freemand was suppose to be 2nd fiddle next to Jason, but Freeman is the unquestioned star of this team. And I think Simmons might be 2nd right now. After he finally ended somewhat strongly last season, I was really hoping to see some signs that he was maturing with the bat and was going to be the weapon we all thought he could be. But I have pretty much come to the conclusion that he will never be that as a Brave. As long as he is a Brave, I will still pull hard for him, but it feels like all my cheering for him is in vain. I'd love to see him succeed, if not iin Atlanta, then somewhere else. But I would want to bring in someone in the deal who has the same potential to be a big time player. And I think Stanton has that potential. That's all I am saying. Not hating on Jason; just coming to the realization that he is not going to be the star we thought he could be for Atlanta.

That's because Freeman hasn't been injured as often as Jason, also Freeman has also been a better pure hitter, even in the minors, using all fields.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#17 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 6, 2013 7:04 am

J-Hey has been on fire since returning from injury and being assigned as our lead off hitter. Our winning streak stands at 11 games and we have the best record in baseball.

Heyward can still be successful in the long run. He's still only 24. Ad only make $4 million per season. God forbid he gets traded and turns into the next Willie Mays. I wouldn't risk it. Not just yet.

PS
He ain't Francouer.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#18 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Aug 7, 2013 1:35 am

^And of course the day I post that, Heyward goes down with an injury...
ohara
Head Coach

Post#19 » by ohara » Wed Aug 7, 2013 2:12 am

I amake the post about swapping Jason and Stanton as being a good idea for both teams and both players, and then both players start getting hot at the plate. Figures. Really hate that Jason is down with the muscle strain. Just hope he is back really soon.
sportsrock37
Starter
And1: 233

Post#20 » by sportsrock37 » Fri Aug 9, 2013 7:49 pm

http://atlallday.com/2013/08/09/a-look- ... -birthday/

I know you guys were having this discussion before the streak started, but read that about J-Hey. J-Hey is a stud, you can't look at his stat line for this year to see the type of impact that he has had on this years team. Filling in at CF, leading off now, etc. He was very unlucky at the start of the year and that is quickly improving. He won't ever hit the homers that Stanton does, but he plays better defense and is a better all around hitter, IMO. Freddie is the best player on the team, but you don't trade Heyward.
Florida Gator Alum
Orlando Magic
Atlanta Braves
Washington Redskins
Washington Capitals

@badamsufl

Return to Atlanta Braves