Moderator: HMFFL

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Braves pursuing Bud Norris 

Post#1 » by ATL Boy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:23 pm

http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... ud_norris/

The Braves are pursuing Bud Norris. I don't like it, we'd probably have to overpay when we have Beachy nearing a return. I'd rather let Wood start the rest of the season rather than give up some of our best prospects for Norris.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Re: Braves pursuing Bud Norris 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:25 pm

I doubt Norris would cost us that much.

He walks at the end of the season anyway and Houston knows that.

Here is the report from rotoworld.com

FOX Sports' Jon Paul Morosi reports that the Braves are among the teams "actively pursuing" Bud Norris.
It appears that, even with Brandon Beachy nearing a return, the Braves aren't satisfied with their rotation depth. It could have to do with Kris Medlen's struggles lately, as he might wind up in the bullpen. Norris holds a 3.93 ERA and 1.41 WHIP this season and is likely to be moved before next week's deadline.
Source: Jon Paul Morosi on Twitter
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#3 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:59 pm

They are also looking at Peavy, Erving Santanta and Kyle Loshe. I'd prefer Peavy or Loshe.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/atlanta_braves/
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by ATL Boy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:23 pm

I like that Wren is being active but I really don't want us to give away prized possessions such as Alex Wood or JR Graham to get any of this done. But looking at Wren, he really does know how to hold on to his prized prospects.

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Post#5 » by ohara » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:06 am

I trust Wren. Whatever he does will be in the best interests of the Braves. He'll listen to our pitching coaches and if they feel that giving up a young arm is best to get someone, then I will back them on it.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by ATL Boy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:54 pm

ohara wrote:I trust Wren. Whatever he does will be in the best interests of the Braves. He'll listen to our pitching coaches and if they feel that giving up a young arm is best to get someone, then I will back them on it.

I trust Wren as well but it would be very difficult backing him up on this if he gives away Alex Wood, I really like this kid and consider him our new Teheran (Prized pitching asset). But Wren said he won't be trading Wood so that's kind of a relief. I wouldn't mind trading Gilmartin for a top tier starter however

JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,107

Post#7 » by JDR720 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:47 pm

I would like Ervin Santana

Return to Atlanta Braves