Post#1 » by SBM » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:34 am

What would you give for him?
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: Would You Trade for David Price? 

Post#2 » by ATL Boy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:41 am

considering the fact that they asked for Wood, Bethancourt, and at least two other top prospects last Winter, I'll go with a resounding No. So many teams are interested, so they probably won't let up much, and they'll probably still get an amazing package for him, despite the fact that he's only under team control for this year (Remember when the Mets were trading only half a year of Carlos Beltran and the Giants ended up giving top prospect Zach Wheeler).
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
bstrassburg
Bench Warmer
And1: 50

Post#3 » by bstrassburg » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:41 pm

Nobody, no interest in Price. Our starting pitching is not the problem. It would be nice to not have Harang in the rotation any more, but he is not what is holding this team back.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#4 » by SBM » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:36 am

They could have Wood, Bethancourt, and 2 other prospects from me
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by ATL Boy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:12 am

SBM wrote:They could have Wood, Bethancourt, and 2 other prospects from me

And then when Price bolts at the end of the season?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by SBM » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:24 pm

ATL Boy wrote:

Why would he do that? He is playing with Minor on a team that has a legit chance at the playoffs every year for the next 10 years?
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ATL Boy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:32 pm

SBM wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:

Why would he do that? He is playing with Minor on a team that has a legit chance at the playoffs every year for the next 10 years?

He might be looking for the biggest payday possible. We wouldn't be able to give it to him the way an LA or Boston might be able to (I won't say the Yankees, because he's already voiced his displeasure with that team).

SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by SBM » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:57 pm

ATL Boy wrote:
SBM wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:And then when Price bolts at the end of the season?

He might be looking for the biggest payday possible. We wouldn't be able to give it to him the way an LA or Boston might be able to (I won't say the Yankees, because he's already voiced his displeasure with that team).

I think he is arbitration elgible
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ATL Boy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:33 am

SBM wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:
SBM wrote:

I don't know that he is, and if he is then I think it ends in 2015, where he'll be able to bolt after next season. I love Price, he's a beast, but I'm just not willing to part with four top prospects to get him. It has Mark Teixiera written all over it.

SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by SBM » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:11 am

ATL Boy wrote:
SBM wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:He might be looking for the biggest payday possible. We wouldn't be able to give it to him the way an LA or Boston might be able to (I won't say the Yankees, because he's already voiced his displeasure with that team).

I don't know that he is, and if he is then I think it ends in 2015, where he'll be able to bolt after next season. I love Price, he's a beast, but I'm just not willing to part with four top prospects to get him. It has Mark Teixiera written all over it.

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/articles ... -video.htm

Article that confirms he is arbitration eligible in 2015 like I previously stated. We already have 3 Center's on the roster don't need Bethancourt. We would have Price, Minor, Teheran, Beachy, Medlen, etc to look to for the future. Most of the starting pitching prospects we have in the minors are going to eventually get traded anyway just like we traded everyone other than Teheran from that highly anticipated crop. Only issue I see is he might want too much money, but I don't have a issue giving up potential for a Cy Young Winner still in his prime with few injuries if any
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by ATL Boy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:28 am

Just because we have good assets doesn't mean that we should just be eager to immediately trade them, that's what happened with the Mark Teixeira situation. So we have Price until 2016 and he possibly bolts for LA or some other place that can pay him much more than we can with our limited payroll. Wood has shown top of the rotation potential (remember he led the majors in ERA last August). Bethancourt probably will be traded somewhere down the line if Gattis continues proving his dominance on offense while also developing on defense (which he will, hopefully), and will get us a top player if he continues developing like this.

Price will also command over $14 million in his time here. I'd rather go after John Lester this winter, a player who lives in Georgia during the offseason and who would possibly give us a hometown discount, he'd also be with the team long term for sure (if he signs). That way we'd get our ace (although, I consider Teheran an ace already), without having to part with 4 top prospects. If starting pitching was a pressing need for us then I might be agreeing with you (Frank Wren might too), but our starters' ERA is the best in the majors, it's our hitting that's been the problem.

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#12 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:57 pm

No I would not. I'd rather sign Jon Lester in FA.
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#13 » by SBM » Wed Jul 9, 2014 11:17 pm

Jon Lester is going to want 20 mil + per just like Price. If you are not willing to pay that you are not going to get either of those guys long term. Look at what you paid Santana for this one year. It is quite obvious and sensible that both Price and Lester are going to be in the 20 mil plus per range.
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by SBM » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:33 am

From what I see it is not going to take anymore than a pitcher like Alex Wood or someone from the farm. Maybe Bethancourt and a lessor prospect.

I think that would be a good deal for us. Rather not lose Bethancourt but this is one of our few chances to get an Ace

Return to Atlanta Braves