ImageImageImage

Braves 2018 MLB draft thread....

Moderator: HMFFL

What direction would you like to see the Braves go with the 8th pick?

Pitcher
No votes
Bat
100%

Total votes: 2

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Braves 2018 MLB draft thread.... 

Post#61 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:03 am

Nemesis21 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:We might be able to grab Rutschman with our 9th pick.

I'd love to see it, but a lot of people think he's the top prospect in the draft and could go #1. Then again, the rankings will likely change a lot before the draft.

Yeah, after looking and reading around, checking out some mocks, this kid is a top 5 lock.

I am no scout, but I watched videos of Rutschman hitting and - gotta say - I was not impressed. The ball just doesn't explode off his bat - he's a singles and doubles hitter - I just did not come away thinking this guy is going to be a power hitter. I think a lot will change as far as how the top prospects are rated before the draft.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#62 » by Ruzious » Sat Apr 6, 2019 2:20 pm

Here's an article on projected Braves picks. https://www.talkingchop.com/2019/3/22/18275815/2019-mlb-draft-baseball-americas-updated-mock-draft-has-braves-taking-hunter-bishop Hunter Bishop - according to a guy who's opinion I respect (posts on another board but really should be working for a MLB team - he's that good and better tbh) raves about Bishop - I think he has him as the #1 prospect in the draft. His power is absurd, he walks more than he strikes out, he's an excellent CFer, has great speed for a 6'5 guy...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#63 » by Ruzious » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:14 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I'd love to see it, but a lot of people think he's the top prospect in the draft and could go #1. Then again, the rankings will likely change a lot before the draft.

Yeah, after looking and reading around, checking out some mocks, this kid is a top 5 lock.

I am no scout, but I watched videos of Rutschman hitting and - gotta say - I was not impressed. The ball just doesn't explode off his bat - he's a singles and doubles hitter - I just did not come away thinking this guy is going to be a power hitter. I think a lot will change as far as how the top prospects are rated before the draft.

To prove I'd be a terrible scout, Rutschman's current line is .420/.584/.822 with 13 HR, 41 RBI in 35 games. He’s walked 47 times. Dude is definitely going to be the 1st pick in the draft.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#64 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:27 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

To prove I'd be a terrible scout, Rutschman's current line is .420/.584/.822 with 13 HR, 41 RBI in 35 games. He’s walked 47 times. Dude is definitely going to be the 1st pick in the draft.

:rofl:

Return to Atlanta Braves