DH Only In AL Next Season?

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

DH Only In AL Next Season?  

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:25 pm

LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune hears that "as of now, the DH will be AL-only next season."

Neal notes that "the union and MLB would have to expand it to both leagues through bargaining," and the current collective bargaining agreement (CBA) runs through the end of the 2021 campaign. It certainly seems like a possibility that the two parties could figure something out with the DH rule independent of the CBA, as they did this year amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, but there isn't much clarity as to how those negotiations might be conducted. This is an urgent issue with hot stove season fast approaching.

SOURCE: LaVelle E. Neal III on Twitter

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: DH Only In AL Next Season? 

Post#2 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:52 pm

HMFFL wrote:LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune hears that "as of now, the DH will be AL-only next season."

Neal notes that "the union and MLB would have to expand it to both leagues through bargaining," and the current collective bargaining agreement (CBA) runs through the end of the 2021 campaign. It certainly seems like a possibility that the two parties could figure something out with the DH rule independent of the CBA, as they did this year amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, but there isn't much clarity as to how those negotiations might be conducted. This is an urgent issue with hot stove season fast approaching.

SOURCE: LaVelle E. Neal III on Twitter

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

I'm surprised the Players Association hasn't tried to get this, so yeah - gotta assume there won't be an NL DH this year.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: DH Only In AL Next Season? 

Post#3 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Feb 1, 2021 11:58 pm

Return to Atlanta Braves