Freddie Freeman reiterates desire to spend career with Braves

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,901

Freddie Freeman reiterates desire to spend career with Braves  

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:01 am

“Yes, 100% (I want to stay),” Freeman said. “I hope something gets done. I wish something had (already) been done so we’re not talking about this. But I’m just the player. I don’t bring contracts down or offer contracts or talk and all that. I hope I’m here. I really do. I love this organization with all my heart.

“I’ve been here since I was 17 years old and I turn 32 in September. There’s nowhere else I’d rather be, so I truly do hope something gets done. But I can’t control that, unfortunately, or we wouldn’t be having this conversation. So I hope, either in the next three months or if they really want it to go to free agency or whatever, I really hope something works out where I’m still putting on this uniform every day.”
Earlier in the season, Freeman repeatedly said there were no contract talks with the club. Freeman, who debuted in 2010 and has been a staple in the team’s infield since 2011, is completing an eight-year contract worth $135 million. During the deal, Freeman became the face of franchise, remaining committed through a rebuild until the Braves re-emerged in 2018, when they won their first of three consecutive division crowns.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-braves/freddie-freeman-reiterates-desire-to-spend-career-with-braves-nowhere-id-rather-be/CJJNJRQSTZHERKVO4GXO53NBA4/?ecmp=braves&utm_medium=social&utm_source=braves_fb

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Freddie Freeman reiterates desire to spend career with Braves 

Post#2 » by Ruzious » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:15 pm

Pay the man. He's the one constant the organization has had since he started, and he should age well. A HOF player and person. If they don't keep him, watch the franchise deteriorate and... lose money and lose value.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,901

Re: Freddie Freeman reiterates desire to spend career with Braves  

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:00 pm

Chipper Jones puts Freeman’s odds of leaving at “10-20 percent” and other Tuesday rumors

https://www.talkingchop.com/2021/11/9/22773114/chipper-jones-puts-freemans-odds-of-leaving-at-10-20-percent-and-other-tuesday-rumors

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Braves