ImageImageImage

Dodgers @ Braves Series Thread 05/04 - 05/06

Moderator: HMFFL

Mardy2Curry
Junior
And1: 0

Post#21 » by Mardy2Curry » Sat May 5, 2007 4:27 am

HMFFL wrote:Big win for us tonight with the Mets currently winning.

I agree big win, but I'm not too concern about what the Mets are doing. They should be watching what We're doing. Everyone penciled them in as the NL East champs, their the ones with the pressure. We are just looking to start another streak.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#22 » by lpsevier » Sat May 5, 2007 1:08 pm

Great win last night.

Bullpen was money.
Pai Gow
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#23 » by Pai Gow » Sun May 6, 2007 10:16 am

Tough loss for Huddy, I guess he couldn't do it for every game like I was hoping..

But hey, the Jazz are in the 2nd round, and the Braves have the 3rd best record in the NL. :clap:
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#24 » by High 5 » Sun May 6, 2007 8:06 pm

Glad we got that win and the series, but I'm still a little disappointed we didn't sweep with Huddy on the mound. I didn't get to see that game so I'm not sure what happened. Oh well, bring on San Diego.
H Bomb13
Junior

Post#25 » by H Bomb13 » Sun May 6, 2007 9:12 pm

What a great comeback today. Man, I keep waiting for us to choke (like the old braves), but they keep getting clutch hit after clutch hit. Great series.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#26 » by HMFFL » Sun May 6, 2007 9:47 pm

The new Braves teams are very exciting, great comeback, and it's a nice way to end the series.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by lpsevier » Mon May 7, 2007 11:15 am

I was there for Salty's first hit and RBI.

Awesome game, great come from behind win.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,574

Post#28 » by Lord Commander » Mon May 7, 2007 1:30 pm

Mardy2Curry wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree big win, but I'm not too concern about what the Mets are doing. They should be watching what We're doing. Everyone penciled them in as the NL East champs, their the ones with the pressure. We are just looking to start another streak.

Reverse psychology - I like it :rofl:

I hope you guys can stay in it and make things interesting in August/September. Last year was a little dull. Anyway, I don't see why you shouldn't be good this year barring injuries. So far, losing Wickman and Hampton to injuries was tough luck. And everyone knows that Larry
is not as durable as he used to be. If he goes down, it's going to be tough to replace his production. But please stay as healthy :pray: - it's no fun beating anyone when they're not at their best :D
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by lpsevier » Mon May 7, 2007 2:45 pm

Thats why we can't wait for Pedro to get back and Wrong to start hitting!
Lord Commander
Head Coach

Post#30 » by Lord Commander » Mon May 7, 2007 2:54 pm

lpsevier wrote:Thats why we can't wait for Pedro to get back and Wrong to start hitting!

I kinda like the odds on "Wrong" coming back to Wright form over Chipper staying healthy. But why should recent history or logic matter? :-?
And as for Pedro, we're doing pretty well without him, eh? I mean it's only been almost 2 years since we had "the real Pedro." I think Maine is filling in quite nicely, don't you? Anything we can get from Pedro this season is gravy.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by lpsevier » Mon May 7, 2007 4:31 pm

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I kinda like the odds on "Wrong" coming back to Wright form over Chipper staying healthy. But why should recent history or logic matter? :-?

Who said I disagreed?

And as for Pedro, we're doing pretty well without him, eh? I mean it's only been almost 2 years since we had "the real Pedro." I think Maine is filling in quite nicely, don't you? Anything we can get from Pedro this season is gravy.

Maine has been ok. I'm confident he'll continue to put up cy young numbers the rest of the year.
High 5
RealGM

Post#32 » by High 5 » Mon May 7, 2007 8:03 pm

I hope you guys can stay in it and make things interesting in August/September. Last year was a little dull. Anyway, I don't see why you shouldn't be good this year barring injuries. So far, losing Wickman and Hampton to injuries was tough luck. And everyone knows that Larry
is not as durable as he used to be. If he goes down, it's going to be tough to replace his production. But please stay as healthy :pray: - it's no fun beating anyone when they're not at their best :D

You do realize the Mets are 2-4 against the Braves this year, right? The first series win coming when none of our bats were even heated up. Last year was your one year of glory, I hope you enjoyed it. The next 15 are ours again.
Mardy2Curry
Junior

Post#33 » by Mardy2Curry » Tue May 8, 2007 1:04 am

Losing Hampton has been tough, but we'll figure it out. We have in the two series against you guys so far. As for Wickman, I think the rest of the league would much rather have him back and not have to face Gonzalez or Soriano. 8)
Mardy2Curry
Junior

Post#34 » by Mardy2Curry » Tue May 8, 2007 1:04 am

Good series guys, great come from behind win. Best hitting team with 2 outs in baseball. Does anyone agree?
Lord Commander
Head Coach

Post#35 » by Lord Commander » Tue May 8, 2007 4:34 pm

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You do realize the Mets are 2-4 against the Braves this year, right? The first series win coming when none of our bats were even heated up. Last year was your one year of glory, I hope you enjoyed it. The next 15 are ours again.

I'll hold you to that... :wink:
High 5
RealGM

Post#36 » by High 5 » Tue May 8, 2007 7:47 pm

I'll hold you to that... :wink:

I'm sure you will. If you noticed I haven't bothered going over to the Mets board after all 4 of our wins acting like a douche. I hope you enjoy your one out of three for the rest of the year.
Lord Commander
Head Coach

Post#37 » by Lord Commander » Tue May 8, 2007 8:47 pm

High 5 wrote:I'm sure you will. If you noticed I haven't bothered going over to the Mets board after all 4 of our wins acting like a douche

Am I acting like a "douche?" Calm down man, this is not that serious. Trust me, it's all in fun.

High 5 wrote:I hope you enjoy your one out of three for the rest of the year

Huh?!?! Are you saying that we're going to he playing at a .333 clip the rest of the year?!?! And if we are playing at .333 clip, what does that say for the Squaws? We've been in a virtual tie for the past 2-3 weeks. Whatever you say, baseball guru. Just watch out for that speedbump called "injury." Chipper is going to go over it any day now :rofl:
High 5
RealGM

Post#38 » by High 5 » Tue May 8, 2007 11:36 pm

Huh?!?! Are you saying that we're going to he playing at a .333 clip the rest of the year?!?! And if we are playing at .333 clip, what does that say for the Squaws? We've been in a virtual tie for the past 2-3 weeks. Whatever you say, baseball guru. Just watch out for that speedbump called "injury." Chipper is going to go over it any day now :rofl:

I'm talking about one of three from the Braves. That's all you're getting. Use your noggin, sport.

And yes, you are acting like a douche. You make ignorant posts just to try and bait people or you're really that dumb. Either way it's being a douche.
Lord Commander
Head Coach

Post#39 » by Lord Commander » Wed May 9, 2007 1:12 am

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm talking about one of three from the Braves. That's all you're getting. Use your noggin, sport.

And yes, you are acting like a douche. You make ignorant posts just to try and bait people or you're really that dumb. Either way it's being a douche.

:roll: Whatever Billy-Bob. Better take your medication before you have a meltdown. I know you probably don't have much going for you than watching Braves baseball in your trailer.
High 5
RealGM

Post#40 » by High 5 » Wed May 9, 2007 1:13 am

:roll: Whatever Billy-Bob. Better take your medication before you have a meltdown. I know you probably don't have much going for you than watching Braves baseball in your trailer.

LOL, thanks for making my point for me, junior.

Return to Atlanta Braves