ImageImageImageImage

Red Sox reportedly received a call about Rich Harden

Dice-K
Ballboy
And1: 0

Red Sox reportedly received a call about Rich Harden 

Post#1 » by Dice-K » Fri May 4, 2007 7:04 pm

Oakland reportedly contacted Theo Epstein to see if he was interested in acquiring Rich Harden.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#2 » by sunshinekids99 » Fri May 4, 2007 8:35 pm

Wow the first post and so much info in it. (Just kidding, welcome)

As for Harden, talent wise he's one of the best pitchers in the game. With that said health wise he just can't stay healthy. Giving up a player like WMP would be fine, but more than that I don't understand it from the Sox point of view.
HeelSox
Bench Warmer

Post#3 » by HeelSox » Fri May 4, 2007 10:22 pm

thanks for the update Matsuzaka...hope you do a little better next game.
"The guy is an idiot," Pedroia said regarding Cabrera. "I dropped my bat. It kind of freaked me out. I was upset they took him out of the game. He is good to hit. He's 9-15. The guy [stinks]."
Dice-K
Ballboy

Post#4 » by Dice-K » Sat May 5, 2007 3:31 am

I think that this possibility will all depend on how hard the Red Sox are going to try to sign Roger Clemens. Harden would be a good pick up but it depends on what it will cost the Red Sox. You would have to think that Billy Beane will want some young pitching talent but I am not sure who they would ask for? Possibly Delcarmen or Hansen?
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#5 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat May 5, 2007 3:45 am

[drooling]

Beckett
Dice-K
Lester
Harden
Buchholz
Delcarmen
Hansen
Papelbon

[stops drooling]
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#6 » by Bleeding Green » Sat May 5, 2007 4:20 am

Yeah, I wouldn't touch him. If Billy Beane is looking to trade a pitcher who isn't anywhere close to being a free agent, it probably means trouble. Either he's very injured or some other teams is going to really overpay.

I don't think he'll ever throw 150 innings in a season. Not worth it.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Dice-K
Ballboy

Post#7 » by Dice-K » Sat May 5, 2007 12:30 pm

I think Billy Beane may have done it just to gain interest from the Yankees who are in desperate need of a starting pitcher. Nothing grabs the Yankees attention faster than finding out that the Red Sox have a chance to get a player before them.

Return to Boston Red Sox