ImageImageImageImage

Gabbard is Trade Bait

Boston's Future
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Gabbard is Trade Bait 

Post#1 » by Boston's Future » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:54 pm

I really think Gabbard is trade bait as this point. He was brought up over Lester so the Sox could showcase his talents at this point. He is nothing more than a backend of the rotation starter, and I figure the Sox are trying to get teams giddy about him. With guys like Bucholzt, Bowden, and Lester (who is major league ready right now), there isn't really any room for this guy in the future. We have seen the peak of Gabbard in a Sox uni.
HeelSox
Bench Warmer

Post#2 » by HeelSox » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:25 am

5 years.

Buchholz
Beckett
Dice-K
Masterson
Lester
Bowden
Bard(keep faith)

Those 7 could be in the starting rotation...with Beckett, Dice-K, Masterson, and Buchholz being practically guarenteed Aces anywhere they go....I agree...get rid of Gabbard while he still looks amazing
"The guy is an idiot," Pedroia said regarding Cabrera. "I dropped my bat. It kind of freaked me out. I was upset they took him out of the game. He is good to hit. He's 9-15. The guy [stinks]."
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#3 » by Bleeding Green » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:34 am

It's not like you're going to get anything of great value for Gabbard. Keep him; he's useful as a sixth-starter.

He was brought up because he was the best option, not because they're trying to showcase his immense talent.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Boston's Future
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Boston's Future » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:56 pm

We need a fourth OF who can come off the bench and can actually hit, or any bat off the bench for that matter. Trading Gabbard for a utility guy like Ty Wiggington wouldn't be a bad move.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#5 » by Dirty Water » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:35 pm

Gabbard is nothing special. It will be hard to get any return for him.
Boston's Future
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by Boston's Future » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:59 pm

you package Gabbard and Wily Mo + something else and you might be able to get something

Return to Boston Red Sox